>reddit.com/r/Guitar/wiki/index

Music Theory:
>justinguitar.com/

Guitar chords and inversions
>chordbook.com/guitarchords.php

String Tension Calculator (D'Addario based):
>hikkyz.net/misc/stringassembler/

Floyd Rose Setup Video Tutorial:
>[YouTube] Floyd Rose Setup Part 1 of 7: Introduction (embed)
Steve Vai's Ten Hour Workout
>mediafire.com/download/kzw6kjuocgicwks/Ten_Hour.pdf
Guthrie Govan's Creative Guitar 1 & 2
>mediafire.com/download/bn8803xzlrbds3b/Guitar1.rar
>mediafire.com/download/9uhtufuf3z9cx8m/Guitar2.rar

Impulse Response Pack
>mediafire.com/download/svtfxjtillrdwt8/Gods Cab 1.3.rar
>mediafire.com/download/4n28zkjw0zgmdj9/ASEM RECTO V30 L2.wav (embed) (embed)

Free VST downloads (amps and effects simulators):
>vst4free.com/

ASIO drivers (essential to use VSTs while playing):
>asio4all.com/

JACK Tutorial for Linux audio production
>libremusicproduction.com/articles/demystifying-jack-–-beginners-guide-getting-started-jack

>Advancing Guitarist Mick Goodrick
mediafire.com/download/cvfno10fv4lf4a8

>Chord Chemistry - Ted Greene
mediafire.com/download/61n5op7eiifxztg

Others
>Mickey Baker's Jazz Guitar
mediafire.com/download/zq35xorj2iaqh22
>Modern Chord Progressions: Jazz and Classical Voicings for Guitar - Ted Greene
mediafire.com/download/oflu4wdwofhqqtb
>Jazz Guitar: Single Note Soloing Vol. 1 & 2- Ted Greene
mediafire.com/download/jmu86f7dj8bdxcd

Other urls found in this thread:

strandbergguitars.com/product/boden-os-7/
strandbergguitars.com/product/boden-os-7l/
talkbass.com/threads/flat-frets-and-or-fret-crowning.1131972/
mylespaul.com/forums/luthiers-corner/122551-flat-frets-acceptable-not.html
clyp.it/rirvl2lw
youtube.com/watch?v=Z5JRcPG9dj8
youtube.com/watch?v=sZUoxe3tMLg
clyp.it/fqqaene1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

1st for djent is good

I'm going to buy a strandberg OS 7, but they offer 2 models

One with emg 707x pickups

strandbergguitars.com/product/boden-os-7/

And another with lace aluma x Bar pickups

strandbergguitars.com/product/boden-os-7l/

Which pickups are better?

For the idiotic nigger in the last thread who doesn't understand that leveled frets are a different than flattened frets, a sign of a hack fretjob.

talkbass.com/threads/flat-frets-and-or-fret-crowning.1131972/

Lace for sure.

mylespaul.com/forums/luthiers-corner/122551-flat-frets-acceptable-not.html

Thinking about getting one of these to replace my Markbass. Would anyone suggest anything else that's around the Aguilar's price point?

>emg
That stands for electroacoustic mud generator you know

who else /country/ here?
clyp.it/rirvl2lw

I really, really want one of these. No icky EMGs, though.

Is it wrong that I like this?

>being this mad on the internet

Just bought this small bugera for real cheap. Any other anons have experience with the larger bugera tube models ?

what? No, liking things is fine. That bridge is excellent, the finish is kind of neat looking, and no inlays on a fretboard looks clean as hell.

Yes. You're only allowed to like generic Fender models

inb4 jokes about house/store fires

Yes. Get help before it's too late.

No, It's neat but I wouldn't buy it unless I was an amazing enough guitarist to overpower the detail put into that guitar.

Housefire jokes aside, I used an original non-infinium Bugera 1960 for a couple of months. It works VERY well as a Bass head. A surprisingly good clone of a marshall plexi/superbass. Build quality was pretty solid and the cheap tubes sounded fine to me.

It may only be the infinium models that start fires, I'm not sure.

Flat frets won't intonate properly. You need one point of contact between the string and the fret exactly in the middle of the fret. Rickenbacker basses are notorious for coming with flat frets, with is the reason they have a reputation for intonation issues.

It also means that pressing harder on the string will make it buzz more. That's because the string gets lifted slightly off the fret, rocking back on the back edge.

That user is being an ass and not even trying to explain himself, but fret flats are a big issue for playability. I can see how one would get used to it, but overall playing with properly crowned frets is easier. As someone who does fretwork, I can see why a company might not crown. It saves most of the effort involved in a fret job.

that looks like a bowling ball

>jew edition

Rude

JIDF spotted

If they are all like that though couldn't you just tune a little lower?

a...user what house fire jokes are you two talking about ?

Can someone explain what true temperament is?

I don't know I just see people say housefire any time someone posts Bugera so I assume its a dank meme of some kind.

Their amps are generally cheap crap, whether it sounds good or not is a different matter. Is McDonalds cheap trash? Sure, but it tastes good.

Not, not really. First of all, the open strings would be out of tune. Second of all, the discrepancy is never going to be equal among frets because the whole point of leveling is to compensate for differences in height of the fretboard.

You are still also going to have less room for error in how hard you fret to avoid buzz.

early-generation bugera amps used a connector to the mainboard that would short out and catch fire.

It's since been fixed, but the stigma remains.

forgot image

I thought it had something to do with the infinium auto bias circuit.

not him, but i see a with that and the different fret distances. the discrepancy in his picture remains static, while the distance between frets used and the bridge changes.

i'm sure you could mostly fix it for a certain fret, but the farther away you move from it, the more the pitch would fall out of tune. it's because the fret-to-bridge distances keep changing, while the flattened fret (vs a curved one) tone difference remains the same

thats actually kind of neat. I wouldn't want to give up the option for alternate tuning though

Adding on this user. Some companies DO have slightly flatter crowns (fender does this as of lately) on the tops of frets. But they aren't totally flat.

Very different from frets that have been ground down and are completely flat.

a shitty solution looking for a problem

What is your favorite guitar finish?

(pic related is not my fav finish or anything, i just post it because i think it's unusual)

Holykek

gloss, but favorite look is pic related

>tfw no walnut gf

Slightly flat frets are just flattened then polished frets. Guitar companies can ger away with it easier because they're usually starting with fairly level frets to begin with. It's a cost cutting measure. There are two acceptable fret tops: hair thin, and two hair thin. Two hair thin will last slightly longer without affecting intonation, but it's harder to be consistent, so usually some frets will be harder to bend on than others.

>a fretted instrument
>proper intonation
tok pek check this faggot out

It looks really pretty. I think I will constantly pish it and shit and be super OCD about not damaging the finish.

:^(

For the amount of shekels I paid the amp is bretty gud. I get a pretty clean sound with a bit of overdrive. I don't play meme metal or djent or whatever that gay homo """"""""music"""""""" is called.

Because perfect intonation isn't possible it's even more important to not fuck it up by putting the open strings out. Having flat frets will change what's normally a gradual and slight difference in intonation to one that noticeably jumps around, especially when playing half-steps. People care so much about intonation precisely because a fretted instrument suffers from intonation issues.

tfw not rich

Alright /gg/ so I'm conflicted what guitar should I play?

If you play an SG, LP, Strat or Telly you're a dad rocker
If you play a jazzmaster, Jaguar or hollowbody, you're a hipster cunt
If you play an ibanez any sort super Strat/ pointy guitar you're a shred fag
If you play a PRS you're a trust fund kid

wat do?

>SG
>dad rocker

just no

buy a guild

Don't play anything. Become a producer instead.

Well, which one are you?

Anyone know how the fuck to cure tendonitis?

I've begun developing the shit in my left hand and elbow.

True. More like a cuck in a cuck shed

Classical guitar. It's the only true guitar.

Does this man look like a cuck to you?

professional musician here. a fretted string instrument will NEVER intonate properly no matter how well the instrument is set up according to my perfect pitch, strobe tuner, and years of experience. it's commonplace to see guitarist with heavily worn frets playing in perfect pitch. it's called bending a string and it's the expressive hallmark and signature of an actual player. it's not the guitars job for ever note to be in tune, it's yours.

do you sit and play? if so, try standing and playing

Sorry to say, but that's is a pretty common stereotype... And you don't have to hang out here long to find that most of the SG owners here are middle aged.

or this man

Yes, and a manlet.

>literal grandadrockers

Yeah I sit down while practicing, I don't know if it's got something to do with the angle my wrist and elbow is in that position.

>And you don't have to hang out here long to find that most of the SG owners here are middle aged

Sup Forums is mostly highschool students. I remember a ton of threads had people talking about prom in them.

>it's the expressive hallmark and signature of an actual player. it's not the guitars job for ever note to be in tune, it's yours

not an argument faggatron

I get pain in my left elbow and wrist when I sit and play. I assume you are right handed, so I'd give standing and playing a try, everything won't feel so tight, at least for me.

I've got a chinese Stratocaster clone for kids. Did I fuck up by replacing the 6MM output with a 3.5MM output? It's just for fucking around with guitar rig, I've got a full sized strato clone for serious use.

Sure, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't keep your frets in good condition. If you have flattened frets you're generally sharp, and you can't bend a string down in pitch. What's more a polished fret will last longer, and having level frets means you will be able to play in tune on different guitars better instead of only playing well on one guitar. That's especially important because if you keep playing on dented frets you're going to need a refret sooner rather than later and you won't have that familiarity any more.

Really, nice crowned and polished frets bend and play better. One tends to get used to whatever they have but the fact of the matter is damaged frets cause buzz, string breakage, intonation issues, and less consistent bends.

A good player can compensate for some but not all of these issues.

well, by here I meant /gg/. Even if /gg/ is pretty young, though by now it's clear they're on average older than the rest of Sup Forums, the SG owners here are not.

The Dream

>and you can't bend a string down in pitch
>pic related
stopped reading right there. i do this all day everyday, you don't know what the fuck you're talking about. opinion discarded

>posts picture of mechanism that literally causes your guitar to never be in tune ever

You're one dumb nigger aren't you?

hnnnnnnnng

>he can't keep his guitar in tune when playing
i laughed at you

How am I supposed to play the 7\5 part? I thought it was just a slide, but it sounds so much different in Guitar Pro. (I'm new, obviously.) I read some "how to read tabs" articles but none seem to explain the weird thing above the 7\5 connecting them and how it makes it sound different from just sliding your finger.

Meme time all the time

That's a slur senpai

it's either a slide, or it's a whammy bar being pushed down a whole step while holding the note

Legato slide, m8
youtube.com/watch?v=Z5JRcPG9dj8

anyone have an angry charlie pedal? it sounds pretty good from the videos i've watched

Not all guitars have a tremolo. In any case you can only be so subtle when bending. When you bend, it sounds like it. Obviously bending is not always appropriate. Moreover, you won't be able to compensate for each note in a chord. You can't use all right hand techniques while holding a trem bar.

Thanks!

Traditional straight frets don't intonate perfectly. Those do.

nope, sorry. you're obviously not a guitar player in any sense of the word. not responding to you anymore after this post, so have a nice day

>this is a professional musician's attitude towards reasoned argument

No wonder they're still buying into tonewood. The only thing I wonder is how someone can simultaneously hold the belief that you need a high-end guitar and also believe that fretwork doesn't matter.

underrated

Impressive. Very nice.

This guy is correct. It's impossible for a fretted instrument to have perfect intonation. Obviously all good instruments get pretty fucking close but sometimes you have to compensate.
It's automatic for most guitarists to correct slightly out of pitch leads by tiny subtle bends, you don't even have to think about it. It's something all guitarists do to some degree.

>you can only be so subtle when bending.
lel

How do I write good basslines like Steve

youtube.com/watch?v=sZUoxe3tMLg

I just try to match the flow of the song and accent key changes and such

>that transition at 1:44

Literally how

couple power chords. Everyone else stops playing. Continue with change

rate I guess

>wanting a guitar that looks like the wall paneling in a community center

dear lord/10

stop downloading these retarded pictures and filling them with stuff you've never even used to get other people's approval and go play guitar/10

High aspirations/10
You should start by getting a decent Sterling guitar.

the guy is arguing against good fretwork. I absolutely believe that you cannot get perfect intonation with fretwork. The guy is only coming back to that point repeatedly in an attempt to misrepresent my argument. But what he mistakenly believes is that because the player should compensate for the intonation problems, a fret job doesn't matter. He's wrong on multiple counts, even if you discount intonation. There's many things that will be more difficult on a guitar with damaged frets, and many things besides pitch that you can't simply compensate for. I absolutely believe his premise that a player can and should compensate for intonation though playing. I disagree with his conclusion that good fretwork is not important because of this.

If he wants to take pride in being able to play a damaged guitar well, fine. If he wants to say that to him in has no value, fine. But to everyone else good fretwork and setup, including intonation, is what makes a guitar's playability and quality.

>But to everyone else good fretwork and setup, including intonation, is what makes a guitar's playability and quality.
Hmm. Zorro On Donuts might disagree.

Looking for criticism and advice on what I can do to improve my improv abilities. I did some noodling with the harmonic minor for this one.

clyp.it/fqqaene1