How did he become so popular on Sup Forums?

how did he become so popular on Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

scaruffi.com/vol1/beatles.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

by being patrician

by being patrician

because he's everything Sup Forums already is: smug, contrarian, and convinced the world needs to hear its opinion

The fact that so many books still name the Beatles as "the greatest or most significant or most influential" rock band ever only tells you how effective this was at baiting.

>why is one of the web's most prominent music critics popular on a music discussion board

gee, i dunno

because he dissed Radiohead

memeing

He is literally a meme, and we like memes

Beatles copypasta

And offering a contrarian position to whatever consensus that Pitchork defined

He was memed because of his opinions of The Beatles, but then Sup Forums liked many of his other opinions on rock music.

LUSTY

>fly is unzipped

Because he's the one prominent critic who is unwinding the Beatles/Radiohead industry-pushed meme.

that's one of those types of jeans where the fly has buttons instead of a zipper

/thread

>posts opinions on private, personal, self published website, never promos, advertises, or anything of the sort
>"convinced the world needs to hear its opinion"

dude fuck off scaruffi is no god but he cares a lot about art and music and puts a lot of effort into his writings.

He's popular on Sup Forums because he has a very unique database of very interesting music and other media which he has self-curated, and which certainly has some value.

There is not a single boring or lackluster album in Scaruffi's top 20.

And, idk how much is lost in translation, but his writing is occasionally fucking fantastic. he is deft with imagery.

I speak italian and english and very rarely do I notice discrepancies between what is written in English and Italian

It's a shame that some of his writing, (like on Cocteau Twins or The Pixies) is still not translated, because what he writes is so short anyway.

So same reason Sup Forums like Armond White

the beatles pasta

scruffy pls

Thanks for telling me, I've wondered for a while. I've occasionally dazzled at a phrase of his and been like, oh, maybe I should credit this translator some for that magnificent shit.

His reviews of Pere Ubu (modern dance in particular), Suicide, and Have One On Me, though, are probably my favorites. If he ever wrote literature, I'd give it a read.

lol white's a dork.

> And, idk how much is lost in translation, but his writing is occasionally fucking fantastic. he is deft with imagery.

wew lad

why not translate some of it?

Scaruffi literally said in that interview he did that he started the site because people IRL kept asking him what the best artists for different genres/singing/instruments etc. were, so he made the site and when people asked him he just told them to go to the site so he didn't have to explain the same things to people in person over and over.

THE

FACT

because he will never be popular on /fa/
I mean just look at that outfit, what was he thinking?

Because he introduced us to the most patrician bands of all time, like Korn

>7.5/10

beyond the memery, i think the man actually nails about the beatles' popularity
scaruffi.com/vol1/beatles.html

>Extended note from 2010. The Beatles were not a terribly interesting band, but their fans were and still are an interesting phenomenon. I can only name religious fundamentalists as annoying (and as threatening) as Beatles fans, and as persevering in sabotaging anyone who dares express an alternate opinion of their faith. They have turned me into some kind of Internet celebrity not because of the 6,000 bios that i have written, not because of the 800-page book that i published, not because of the 30 years of cultural events that i organized, but simply because i downplayed the artistic merits of the Beatles, an action that they consider as disgraceful as the 2001 terrorist attacks.

his fly is open holy shit

damn...

THIS IS OUR FAULT