Will it be a classic like Lonerism?

Will it be a classic like Lonerism?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=gE5bD54-ewg
youtu.be/aGlpy5pgQW8?t=48s
youtu.be/gE5bD54-ewg?t=1m17s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

it already is

I have to admit that at first I was very disappointed by it but some time passed, I listened to The Less I Know the Better and I just really like this album. It doesn't have as strong peaks as Lonerism but it might be more consistent

No, Lonerism is so far beyond anything that has been released in the last decade or so it's not even comical... this is tame impalas best song
m.youtube.com/watch?v=gE5bD54-ewg

tame impala is nu-male shit

b2reddit

this album is sad in a way that actual makes me sad which is rare

I love the beatles new album

>Lonerism is so far beyond anything that has been released in the last decade or so it's not even comical
this is why Sup Forums hates tame impala so much. why do tame impala fags always have to say stupid shit like this?

I know what you're getting at but really they're a long way off from being a Beatles mimic...

i dont even like tame impala that much but i agree, lonerism by itself is one of the better albums of this generation

>they're a long way off from being a Beatles mimic...

lonerism is the sgt pepper of this generation

example:
(copy and paste into url, or skip to 0:48)

youtu.be/aGlpy5pgQW8?t=48s

the way he sings 'she', compared to the way kevin parker sings the line "soon i'll be alone" from this this song: (copy paste or skip to around 1:17)

youtu.be/gE5bD54-ewg?t=1m17s

The Less I Know the Better is the only good track on Currents

Eventually is also on Currents

Dont you understand that by being a band that is enamored with the distant past that lonerism can never be the "sgt pepper of this generation"? Being that would require actual groundbreaking music and studio techniques, not treading over the same ground.

every single thread it's the same shit
>generation defining album
>best psych record ever
>best record of modern times
i swear you guys are like parrots. it's catchy psych pop, i don't know what deluded you all into thinking it's anything more than that.

>lonerism is the sgt pepper of this generation
are you the same person that posts this shit every day? or are there actually multiple idiots that think this? idk which would be worse

no ones going to spoonfeed you why its so amazing, just listen for yourself, contrarian shill, its still going to be the most popular record of this generation and going to continually be lauded with praise because of how important it is despite you 'just not getting it' oh well fox can't reach the grapes after all

>lauded with praise because of how important it is
holy fuck user idk if this is bait but something tells me it isn't, so i'm going to waste my time writing a novel to try to explain this to you.

you're actually retarded if you think this record is important. the beatles were important. jimmi hendrix was important. pink floyd, the greatful dead, cream, and jefferson airplane were important. do you know why? because they released music in this style FIFTY YEARS AGO. tame impala recreating the psychedelic sound of the 60's with added digital studio effects IS NOT GROUNDBREAKING. no modern bands are going to make forward-thinking music because they were inspired by tame impala. if anything they're going to look to real psych rock for inspiration. do you want actual important music from this decade? listen to liturgy, listen to death grips, listen to oneotrix point never, listen to swans. do you know why those artists have been influential? it's because they're doing something NEW. tame impala is not important in the progression of musical ideas. you may like them because they sound catchy, but if you're seriously trying to say that they're important or influential then you need to get your head out of your ass

>despite you 'just not getting it'
it's pop music user. there's nothing to get. it's just pretty melodies that sound instantly gratifying

Don't even try user I used to post this exact idea in tame impala threads and their fans are in complete denial about their derivative sound. They're somehow convinced that their retro music is really innovative when it's clearly not.

if that post still doesn't convince him then i will be astonished that he even knows how to work a computer

It's good but it's not a masterpiece or classic.

So yeah just like lonerism.

>Will it be a classic like Lonerism?
way to ask a loaded question

bump