Look who's 51

Look who's 51.

Happy birthday you amazing bastard.

hurry up and release music bruh

Fuck this manlet and his shit music

I am genuinelly curious what he is cooking up, I myself loved Hesitation Marks, I know it has gained mixed reception, but I am glad Trent said fuck all and did what he wanted to do. It is a very unique record, it sounds like nothing I heard yet, It's haunting scary and wonderful.

I wonder what next album will sound like, with Trent you can't ever know.

> shit music.
Tell that to his oscar and his grammy, m8.

Even if you dislike some songs of his, you canot dismiss his genius when it comes to instrumental works.

How come we've never hate-frotted, trent?

Do you think they will ever find a cure for autism?

Trent is based in every sense of a word.

No.

Looks like sacha baron cohen as brĂ¼no there desu

kek

I've never been a massive fan, but I do respect things that he's done which have had an impact on me. He collaborated with Bowie and did the sound on Quake, both of which I really dig. I also loved Johnny Cash's cut of "Hurt" he really bought that song to life. I also saw Reznor touring with QOTSA not long ago and enjoyed it.

Anyway a worthwhile artist, even if he's not my cup of tea. Salut!

wow, happy birthday big guy

The guy is a mountain of muscles, no matter if he's 170cm tall

Pretty sure Reznor can beat up almost everyone on this board.

I tried making a thread with the same fucking image. RIP.

Happy Birthday Lord Reznor.

TDS is still my all time favorite album no matter what. We should stream some NIN on the Sup Forumstant radio today

DON'T GIVE UP SKELETON!

-I never get a chance to post these. Sorry.

I love that John and Trent can bond over industrial and videogames autism. Such a beautiful relationship.

>tfw sleazy died before we could have another amazing coil/NIN album

Am I the only one here who likes everything Trent does *except* NIN? It all just seems so . . . silly.

No, I'm

>tfw I'll never be jacked up by Trent

YFW you realize you're 51

Exactly.

He fits this weird position in my mind where I think he's a really talented musician and really interesting performer, but the vast majority of the time he chooses to expend his energy and talents towards something which seems almost beneath him. NIN isn't bad, necessarily, but it's just so predictably angsty that I can't get into it. Then you hear things like the Gone Girl soundtrack or Johnny Cash's "Hurt" and you realize that Trent's really got some awesome substance.

the quake soundtrack is amazing
such a shame q2 was shit and trent didnt want to do the soundtrack

I don't completely disagree, but I'm kind of tired of the notion that angsty tracks have to be necessarily childish or immature. Just look at Ghosts. There's some really well crafted stuff in there.

No, I actually agree with you completely that angsty tracks are necessarily childish. But for me, especially early NIN stuff (the reason that he gained popularity) it's just over the top. It's not individual songs so much as the early catalog is just a collection of angst. His first album, Pretty Hate Machine, is angsty, but for 1989 it was fresh and somewhat unexpected. But then following it up with an album like The Downward Spiral, it's just gratuitous. Then, the 90's for him is just rehashing the same thing.

His later albums, like the Ghost albums, are much, much better, and much more indicative of his talent.

>are
Fuck, that was supposed to be aren't

hell be fine

hell probably outlive each and every one of us

Agree with this completely. I like the soundtrack stuff a lot, but for some reason the early NIN which some people get hype over I just never really got into.

Hesistation Marks also shows his talent greatly, keep in mind he was into drugs and was fucked up druing TDS and The Fragile era and was pretty young, it's understandable.

Happy birthday, Trent.

Hoping the new NIN is better than "Hesitation Trails". Also hoping for a new HTDA as well.

rare trent

>suicidal
>he's still alive at 51

hell be fine

5"1'? fucing manlet haha