Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/AWijlCfZat8?t=2m50s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

highway to hell and back in black

other two cant compare

back in memes

i actually prefer to kill myself than listen to that gargabe

do it faggot

Love It's A Long Way To The Top, especially that 70s guitar sound.

Dude, you're like 60. Put the schoolboy getup away already.

The early stuff from the 70s is more interesting anyway. Brian-era AC/DC is boring af stadium rock.

Highway to Hell, their stuff from the 70's has far more personality and taste than anything they did with Brian.

Also this. Back in Black just happens to have a good amount of easy radio hits, but they already lost their charm by this point.

Let There Be Rock

The Bon Scott era stuff is a lot like Motorhead actually in terms of the songwriting. Problem is that what happened afterward is that they start making all songs sound like the more commercial tracks from the first five albums.

The first AC/DC frontman was fired by the Young brothers for creative disputes, then they put out an ad in the local papers for a new vocalist and when Bon Scott was one of the people who came in to audition, Malcolm and Angus initially snickered at him because he was like 28 and they were 18 and 20, so they thought he was a geezer and too old to rock. But apparently Bon was charmed by the two and thought they were kids who needed an experienced hand to guide them.

back in black is by far the worst

highway to hell (best production) > powerage (best songs & lyrics) > let there be rock (best solos)

If you listen to The Razor's Edge, you can really notice the deterioration of Brian's voice by 1990. He sounds so much weaker and soggier than he did 10 years earlier.

Dirty Deeds

Why is AC/DC getting hate? They are great

Dadrock cancer, although I guess you didn't have to worry about your dad subjecting them to you as a kid unless you lived in a trailer park.

this

Those early songs like IALWTT have more of a punk/barroom feel to them than the slick arena rock of Highway To Hell and beyond.

Powerage best AC/DC gimme a HELL YEAH

because they've been releasing the same album for 40 years over and over again already. they offer nothing interesting

>unironically discussing AC/DC
Sup Forums is dead.

I bet you think vaporwave is a genuine artistic movement.

Couple of good ol' boy farm rednecks I went to school with were into AC/DC. Since this was in the 2000s, I guessed their dads liked them and so brainwashed their kids into liking them.

Tomorrow we have a Kiss thread.

AC/DC: The Best Of

Highway to Hell or Back in Black. I prefer Back in Black though.

Let There be Rock is the best AC/DC album

I don't get why Sup Forums hates on certain artists or genres of music. This board was made for the discussion of all types of music, and if you don't like what a thread is discussing then just ignore it and move on.

Some of you people act like children, you need to grow up.

Only true rockers know that LTBR is the best AC/DC album

Brian really has no sense of delivery or nuance; he just uses the same vocal style and intonation on every song whereas Bon could vary his delivery a lot depending on the song. Just from TNT alone, the title track, The Jack, and IALWTT all sound different and unique while Brian hardly changes anything up at all for the entire Back In Black.

>Some of you people act like children
Where do you think you are? The average age of Sup Forums is like 15

hahaha this is awesome

Bon Scott you da man

and got to go with Powerage it's that good

but for the non listed albums I like are
Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
T.N.T.
High Voltage

for live albums If You Want Blood You've Got It is by far the best out there

as for the Brian era I liked For Those About to Rock We Salute You and Who Made Who

Well...that's no different really than Nikki Sixx hiring the almost 30 year old Mick Mars because they were barely out of high school and benefited from having an older, more experienced guy in the band.

>Sup Forums is dead.
>unironically liking pitchfork tier

kill yourself

>>>/reddit/

What the fuck is going on here?
I don't get it

>Sup Forums is dead
>probably listens to kanye, drake and killer mike

at least they're not dadrock

>le dadrock is shit meme

kill yourself

they're worse desu

>my dad's taste in music is better than yours! He likes the classics!!!

How is Kanye or Killer Mike bad?

Kanye is a decent producer if you ignore all the clipping issues but I hate his nasally voice and as a rapper he has a very uninteresting flow, Killer Mike is just an idiot.

because it's not EXPERIMENTAL and AVANT GARDE enough

don't you know faust 1 is the best album ever despite essentially being a bunch of incoherent noise?? BECAUSE EXPERIMENTAL BRUH

Not him, but my dad listened to blues and classical as a teenager. He never really liked rock and he thinks you're supposed to stop listening to it once you graduate high school.

lyl do you think teenagers in 1971 listened to their dads Frank Sinatra records? lolno.

Powerage obviously

anyone who listens to dadrock should go back to Youtube where they belong.

>at least they're not dadrock
enjoy it while it lasts cause one day they will become dadrap

Powerage > Highway To Hell > Let There Be Rock >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>urine>>>>>>>>>feces>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>AIDS tainted blood>>>>>>>>>>>>Back In Black

anyone who listens to memerap should go back to high school where they belong

at least Drake fans aren't posting on Youtube how they wish they'd been alive in 1972 to see Deep Purple in their prime and that Justin Bieber sux.

I think 70s AC/DC are great. I have never in my life wished I was alive in the 70s.

Fuck man i havent heard bon scott era ac/dc in years
Essential aussie teenager listening

Who fucking cares what people post on youtube videos
This argument is the dumbest shit

Part of their downfall in the 80s was that they had to make their music more generic to appeal to international audiences. The 70s stuff was extensively rooted in the Aussie rock/club scene of the time and you had to have really been there to appreciate many of those songs.

In that regard AC/DC were not much different from Judas Priest who also had to water down and become less British in order to conquer MTV.

what does that have to do with the artist you fucking retard

Essentially any nationality teenage listening. I think it's safe to say a fair amount of teenagers everywhere loved AC/DC in middle school/high school. It's like a rite of passage.

Yeah but acca dacca is very deeply rooted in our culture
I know people who saw them when played in pubs before they got big, they are very largely tied into our culture

*tip le meme hat xd*

It's kind of like the Beatles and The Who are for Britain. They've been almost inseparable from British culture for 50 years.

Australia is really...thin on music compared to the US and Britain though. What do they have except AC/DC, Men At Work, and Tame Impala?

INXS were pretty but i personally cant fucking stand them
King Gizzard and Pond are also Aussie

Pretty big i meant to say

Sometimes they try to claim the Bee Gees although they lived in the US and Britain for all of their prime career years.

Can't go wrong with any of the Bon era stuff

POST YOUR TOP 5 SONGS

mine:

It's a Long Way to the Top
Whole Lotta Rosie
Touch Too Much
If You Want Blood
Rock N' Roll Damnation

Let There Be Rock
Live Wire
High Voltage
Night Prowler
Baby Please Dont Go

Honorary mention for Jailbreak

>In that regard AC/DC were not much different from Judas Priest who also had to water down and become less British in order to conquer MTV

And then you had some bands like Oasis who never found much of any following in the US beyond 1-2 singles.

>There are people browsing this board who think Brian Johnson is better than Bon Scott
>There are people browsing this board who think AC/DC is good

>There are people in this world who think Axl Rose is the best AC/DC singer to date

>not using the original Australian covers

Not famous but still

I gotta give it though, Axl has been running circles around Brian especially with the 70s stuff.

The Wiggles

>not using the European covers

The Jack
Whole Lotta Rosie
Overdose
Who made who
I would spoiler that shit, but Skies on Fire

E U R O
U
R
O

touche

The Necks are Australian.

Bowie was practically a national icon in the UK. We had people randomly breaking down in the streets crying and shops putting up black-framed pictures of him in the windows.

youtu.be/AWijlCfZat8?t=2m50s

>le right generation kid tries to fit in with the big boys