/dark/

>i woke up and there wasn't a dark thread edition
goth/death rock/post-punk/industrial/darkwave/coldwave/etc.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ep14nXS9UhU
youtube.com/watch?v=41AqlPjc-Wc
youtube.com/watch?v=cUyv3HTjNRU
youtube.com/watch?v=GO36YVfRpfQ
youtube.com/watch?v=w_CmKZWby5g

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hZGSRzz-b4M
youtube.com/watch?v=psSqhcWLJDU
youtube.com/watch?v=IqRNXCFH43U
youtube.com/watch?v=QEpW4mLHN60
youtube.com/watch?v=zNPVjUrFfNM
youtube.com/watch?v=_hMagNuhLkk
youtube.com/watch?v=TtAHLV7hkXE
youtube.com/watch?v=QqhOyuR8rpo
youtube.com/watch?v=8-D-2KaPlgM
youtube.com/watch?v=6DTORCOrZ4c
youtube.com/watch?v=d9jAsGaCZBw
youtube.com/watch?v=PGVXTX3NHxE
youtube.com/watch?v=fYGkRDe0TyY
youtube.com/watch?v=VL0RPeVXFY8
youtube.com/watch?v=811ZxuhgWl4
youtube.com/watch?v=plTQnzTA6Ho
youtube.com/watch?v=wjdA3vC0HyQ
youtube.com/watch?v=wJn-TV74yRs
youtube.com/watch?v=OMZFeYa9zyk
youtube.com/watch?v=NXjs859UdKI
youtube.com/watch?v=fTnUE5tRpLU
youtube.com/watch?v=_zHGPsJOHI0
youtube.com/watch?v=DvOYumynYiQ
youtube.com/watch?v=dW6RXTjm4iA
youtube.com/watch?v=poeTZPimOo0
youtube.com/watch?v=6fA_pTaXBT8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Keeping it alive. Wake up children.
youtube.com/watch?v=hZGSRzz-b4M

youtube.com/watch?v=psSqhcWLJDU

>dat out of tune g-string

My head hurts.

Nice blog, bro.

i love skeletal family promised land!
did you know that girl sang briefly for a small time post punk band called the elements?
ill link my fav song "stranger in town"

youtube.com/watch?v=IqRNXCFH43U

Oh nice. She also did a big project with Gary Marx of Sisters of Mercy called Ghost Dance.
youtube.com/watch?v=QEpW4mLHN60

Does this thread include isolationism?

i love her melancholy voice

She's just a great singer when she wants to be. Little hit and miss the earlier you go back, but she definitely has innate talent.

Any of you guys into any metal,

I was walking by a construction site the other day and the sound some of the tools were making just struck me as being so incredibly musical.

Little bit, but it's off-topic in here. There's a big black metal crossover going on in general right now. I'm personally into a little bit of old 90s gore-grind, death metal, and 2nd wave British myself, but pleb-tier surface stuff mostly.

youtube.com/watch?v=zNPVjUrFfNM

Yeah that's why I wanted to mention it here, blackgaze and atmospheric sludge seems to be getting bigger and bigger.

There's getting to be this trend of black metal bands starting straightforward goth side projects at a local level too. Don't know if anybody well-known is doing it yet.

That's cool, I've been trying my best to make sludge crust punk with industrial techno. It's still a work in progress, don't mean to go off topic.

Any favorite releases this year?

That was nice, I particularly enjoyed the opening.

The only other stuff I've listened to by them is the album Kollaps.

Halber Mensch is a pretty similar sound too. Little darker, but same pure machine stuff.

Christ Vs Warhol and The Spiritual Bat are both putting stuff out and touring this year. What I've heard from each sounds great so far.

Italian gothic rock is always interesting.

SB is just great. I've opened for them and had them stay at my house before. They coming back this way in August. Great people too.

Wow what. Link to your music please. I'm very interested.

My music's pretty middle of the road, but it works at a local level.
atrocityandthecomplications.bandcamp.com

Also learning Italian all year so I can actually talk to their guitarist. He's blind, I don't really make any noise if I'm not talking, so he barely knew I was there most of the time their last tour, and the singer had to translate if I had anything important to say.

You produce all this?

Yeah, that's home studio stuff. Ridiculously low-budget setup. Tascam 8-track, audacity, nothing else.

I know the struggle man haha, that's good youre playing locally. Kinda impressed you're doing this one man band thing live. That's my problem i have.

Oh I have a full band live. Sampler, humans on keys, bass, and 6-string. I just play the 12 and sing.

Nice I have a bass synth drum machine and my guitar. But it's pretty rough to keep adding sequencing with out this minimalistic approach to it. Since I'm just by my self. Really digging this as the storm.

That whole album is about MarbleHornets/EverymanHYBRID/House of Leaves lol. I did the lyric book to look like HoL too on the inside, like the lyrics are all in prose with crazy footnotes and color-coded words and all that. Middle two pages stapled together with "something" inside, marked "DAREYOUDAREYOUDAREYOU" in red sharpie with arrows. Scared the shit out of a couple of people.

The heart of the band is a beat-up old version of this toy. I could probably play a whole set just me and it and nobody would notice if they'd never heard us before.

Heh animal collective did some thing similar to that on sung tongs

Yeah and EMH used anco as background music as a way to embed secret messages for all their puzzles and shit too.

Failing all my exams desu

I wanna read house of leaves, how impenetrable is it?

Shorter than it looks, but it's a journey. /lit/ would call you a pleb, but I think it's a damn fun genre novel.

youtube.com/watch?v=_hMagNuhLkk

Also not particularly /dark/, but you wanna listen to this while reading HoL. They were written practically in the same room together, brother and sister.

Who /feelsfat/ here
I think i am going insane with depression pls help

Whats some good music for this feel? Listening to Lydia lunch rn but shes a whore so idk

The sounds of you starving your self is great for this feel

Wake up, eat jelly, sandwich bars, and barbed wire.
youtube.com/watch?v=TtAHLV7hkXE

Should i make a field recordings album

who wants to collab

Not music, but Naked Warrior by Pavel Tsatouline and a moderately ketogenic diet will really help you out with dem feels and get you a nice fit for an off-the-rack suit.

Lye, Blue House, and Strange Apex are also particularly /slender/ if you're into that angle of it.

youtube.com/watch?v=QqhOyuR8rpo
>tfw no qt japgoth gf

what are some goths like this?
i just know bauhaus??
youtube.com/watch?v=8-D-2KaPlgM

What lmao

There is nothing like that, but I was so blown away at how perfectly that song compiled/lampooned all of goth tropes when that episode came out.

Try The Wake, Screams for Tina, Like Wreckage. All somewhat similar and dancy, but the guitars are a lot heavier.

Thank you.

strictly meh. if you want dark, read some brian evenson

>taking literature advice from the shift-key-impaired

dont be rude lad

youtube.com/watch?v=6DTORCOrZ4c

old lo-fi LVTHN is hella /dark/

youtube.com/watch?v=d9jAsGaCZBw

It's like the volume got turned up so high it rolled back over to low, and is paradoxically more chill than most proper goth rock.

i mean technically its /metal/ not /dark/ i just posted the original picture because it fit the a e s t h e t i c

Love his work regardless. Check out lurker of chalice if you're looking for a similar sound but more of a gothy feel

Always on the look out for more extreme metal influence cropping up in /dark/. The two did have similar roots after all. Hardcore and thrash did seep into things early on.
youtube.com/watch?v=PGVXTX3NHxE
youtube.com/watch?v=fYGkRDe0TyY
youtube.com/watch?v=VL0RPeVXFY8
youtube.com/watch?v=811ZxuhgWl4

DARK
youtube.com/watch?v=plTQnzTA6Ho

And then, well, this happened I guess
youtube.com/watch?v=wjdA3vC0HyQ

CF feels so cheesy in the context of what we're talking about lol.

Try this on for size.
youtube.com/watch?v=wJn-TV74yRs

Just gonna randomly bump as needed with whatever pops up in my feed.
youtube.com/watch?v=OMZFeYa9zyk

>tfw page 7
>tfw all the mu goths are asleep or dead

Yeah that's my sentiment. Might have picked a more eye-catching OP image as well. If things don't pick up later this afternoon and this guy 404s I'll do that. That may have been a mistake. Have trouble finding it in the catalog myself.

youtube.com/watch?v=NXjs859UdKI

we need to create a proper general pic like some of the other generals.Rather than just using some spooky movie image, (which i assume this is? Anyone know the source it looks interesting lol)

A proper eyeactching image could be valuable in keeping these threads alive. Assuming theres even enough want for them to be alive.

lmao wrong thread

youtube.com/watch?v=fTnUE5tRpLU

hellhammer was a lot /darker/ than CF in my opinion

youtube.com/watch?v=_zHGPsJOHI0

The movie image I picked is of a movie pretty relevant to /dark/ actually, just not eye-catching enough. I'm also not usually OP, just been posting a lot the last few days.

youtube.com/watch?v=DvOYumynYiQ
Not strictly /dark/ but heres a nice dark ambient / synthy tune

I'm sure it is man I just wasn't sure what it was.
What movie is it from?

Return of the Living Dead. The soundtrack is solid dark punk and death rock.

nvm i totally forgot google image search exists.
>tfw havent even seen any of the evil dead films

poseur desu

*coughs*

Gotta give the other side of the pond equal time though.

Man i need to buy myself this on
[spoilersonmu] CD [/spoilersonmu]

The CD does have the Deathwish EP as bonus material, so it's kinda worth it.

Acquired OP vinyl a couple years back and try so hard not to play it too much, but man it's hard.

this could also work as op image

>mfw rozz drew the original cover for otop
Neat

YES

but with /dark/ written below in a spooky font

>at 16ish

Hang on I'm gimping

>spend too much time on /gd/ to go all out on decorative fonts without cringing against inevitable backlash

youtube.com/watch?v=dW6RXTjm4iA

I mean they're fine for what they are, it's just a different thing from /dark/ as I think of it. Selling it as /dark/-themed metal just isn't proper presentation. It's like having a plate of Chicken MacNuggets carried around at a gallery opening.

If the res was a little bigger it would be perfect but the font is really great. Dunno how easy it is to get a larger batcave logo tho. We could beg some board to help us with a vector image lol

I'll give it a shot on that bigger one.

On second though, didn't realize it was a photo of a patch. CG text would just look like ass. I dunno.

not really /dark/ man. Needs more makeup and cold feeling. Stick to deathrock and goth you know

youtube.com/watch?v=poeTZPimOo0

JUST LIKE THE OLD DAYYYSS
JUST LIKE THE OLD DAYYYYYYSSS
JUST LIKE THE OLD DAYS

Hang on I have an idea. Gimme an hour.
I wrote this manual duplicator simulator plugin for gimp so I could do decent-looking silk screens of scaled up low-res images. Gives it proper grit. It runs really slowly though.

the hero /dark/ needs tbhh
Good luck user

youtube.com/watch?v=6fA_pTaXBT8

maybe we could replace 'batcave' with '/dark/'

How bout this?

any /kvlt/ user in?

looks fantastic desu but i can barely see dark written there
see

I'll see what I can do.

love it mane good work.

this would probably work too, we can just interchange them.

Got the alternative cooking right now. We should really have a few.

Thats some Diablo II act II shit right there.

ye