/daily/ - musical abortions edition

It's move in day

isten to your library, show off your backlog, babble about new music, tell us what you have been listening to today and what you will listen to in the following month, just let the good times flow!

topsters.net/
>resurrected but keeps fucking up, just use paint for your charts honestly

synctube.org/r/Some_dumb_synctube_channel
>fifth dimension for space-time memery (aka "music") ever since plug deejay was musically aborted

dailymu-sic.weebly.com/
>Site with templates, OP covers, archive, & random stuff, updating again, welcome back damsjans!

Most importantly, youtube.com/watch?v=aZ2uR4pgPTY

Previously, on /daily/:

Other urls found in this thread:

rateyourmusic.com/release/album/john_fahey/fare_forward_voyagers__soldiers_choice_/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

first for me

Why always people talk about about of that piece from Steve Reich but never Drumming? Am i the only one who enjoys drumming?

No, you're not. People talk about Music for 18 Musicians because that's the most popular and the most accessible piece by Reich. And that ECM version isn't even the best one. Pic related is.

>those trip leaks in the last thread
wew /daily/

who really cares about leaked trips though
i took it as an opportunity to get this new cool trip

much better

meh, I'm keeping mine.

I also want a tripcode with a funny word

Who remembers?????

Nah drumming's cool too. I like most of his phase music.

#|Dセ-Mtq,

I don't.

glad I'm such a nobody, no one would wanna steal my trip anyway

Test

Thank you

leak my trip so i can replace it with one that has a funny meme

oh good trip

desu I've considered getting a new trip but I've gotten attached to my old one
yeah that sounds alright

it's not like it'll affect you much anyway
want another one?

I don't know who discovered this but he's based

#mK撃^[Dk

hm?

Nice. Drumming is really amazing. When you have listen to it so many times you start to notest all the details, it's so great. Such beautiful music.

jinx'd

test

Test

one # only

Fun fact: Reich began composition of the work after a short visit to Africa and observing music and musical ensembles there, especially under the Anlo Ewe master drummer Gideon Alorwoyie in Ghana.

Ok im a retard

10/10

Nice

Just pull a hampus from time to time and search the archives for your name.

Holy shit I'm dying

do i keep it?

yes but since eruditey posted the trip anyone could use it so idk

why are they talking over each other

should i keep the 'jazz' trip or not

do tswana and sotho voices next

i dont care very much about it, i'm planning to change name every month or so

5 to a Nino Rota ost?
Triggered

check my meme trip lads
you could but like yamir said it could be used by anyone
>Eruditey

sorry nerd

nice trip btw

c'est the plan
man that's the day i listened to it. i've fallen behind as per usual

Yes you called?

Have you seen 8 ½ yet?

by the way totally do keep the snuff name/jazz trip. it looks nice.

Yamir is better to meme your releases and stuff but snuff jazz is nice

probably

it's a good trip and there have been a couple of name changes lately anyway so you might as well join in on the fun
ty
hello

this chart is starting to look like a benji chart by these scores

>Gary Higgins - Red Hash
the sort of singer/songwriter contemporary folk that you'd find thrown out in the bottom of a massive box of old records. it's a little boring and generic in the beginning, but the second half gets pretty damn good.

Just 7 to Carlos Paredes? Are you joking? Listen to that shit again. Carlos Paredes was a motherfuckin' genius.

Atmosphere - God Loves Ugly
This dude has a really annoying flow, it's just an annoying album in general
Also they sample someone vomiting for an entire track, it's as memey as it sounds
there are moments here, but they're few and far between
How the fuck is this conscious as well, what the fuck, this is about as conscious as a telephone

Deep Puddle Dynamics - The Taste of Rain... Why Kneel?
that one guy from cLOUDDEAD can be really annoying sometimes, but this was a better album by far thatn the Atmosphere one, it's certainly not a masterpiece, but it's still somewhat enjoyable
the first track ends in them sing/saying row row row your boat, it's dumb and the worst bit on the album and it sets a bad precedence for the album and I hate it

what next?

While I wait for the two nerds misha and edcvghklpoiu to rec me something for the tourney, what first?

canticles of ecstasy

sing me a song of songmy

>this chart is starting to look like a benji chart by these scores
I chuckled

A.D.D. Trio

Cardigans!!!!!!

Kill Bill or Beastie Boys please

also, glad you thought Deep Puddle Dynamics was alright and disagree with you on Atmosphere (though I also think that The Taste of Rain... Why Kneel? is a much better album)
Nicolas Collins or Marshall McLuhan

okok

ok so i hadnt finished listening to red hash before i wrote that review but i have to say Looking For June is a fantastic song, and it's worth checking out the album for.

ok i will

>Just 7 to Carlos Paredes? Are you joking?
its a good score for it, ill give it a relisten sometime. i just felt like while it was great, it wasn't like really great, you know? theres nothing really bad about it but it's not perfect.

i like the blue aesthetic most of the covers have, did you do that on purpose

Don't listen to those other nerds, listen to the Cardigans.

i did it on purpose ;3 can't exactly remember why i put the pink album though...

first come, first served

so this is sounding pretty great so far

Hey Comet
Its tuesday

TOURNEY??

Alright chart threads aren't really helping, but I don't know why I expected any different. Should've just gone to daily for recs in the first place.

Can anyone rec anything like Solo Violin Improvisations?

I've listened to all the other albums she's featured on, but none were quite as good. The closest thing, according to rym reviews, is the Charlotte Moorman comp, but that wasn't that good.

Witchfiddle

t. etinarcadiaego

Actually no I'm not him

I haven't even listened to Witchfiddle (plan to do soon) but I remember reading that is is similar to Solo Violin Improvisations

pic related is fucking boring

i'm gonna give Solo Violin Improvisations a try, what am I up to?

*screeeeetch* *20 minutes silence pause* *scraaaaatch*

For one hour and twenty minutes

plink plonk screech screech

one of the few records in the history of recorded music entirely devoid of any merit whatsoever

Noted.

Immaculately textured, very austere, but somewhat torturous free improv on a violin. Highly recommend a fair enough quality dl, headphones, and a quiet environment.

Scathing critique

I haven't heard it but based on these ekphrases
you might enjoy sciarrino's capricci, which are fantastic in any case

great, i'll give it a listen then

all the critique you need senpai

>my rym favorites make up 6 of the 9 reviews
dis gon b gud

>ekphrases
Having trouble finding a good version of this on RYM. Do you have a recommended recording?

ha ha

carolin widmann for shrill, atmospheric, laconic
georg monch for dry, virtuosic, electric

nice friend rating trips

I meant I was having trouble finding recordings of ekphrases. Turns out it's called "ekphrasis" on RYM. Problem solved.

what? by ekphrases I was just poking fun at those posters. the only piece I know called ekphrasis is by berio.

Gargallooooo!!!

I Don't know who is who anymore i'm scared /daily/ bois. I mean i was already confused when orz added the
The Sdc thing to his name.

Oh, well I learned a new word today. That makes a whole lot funnier now.

I thought sdc added orz to his name?

what's going on

(not true by the way)

This is true.

I just listened to Georg Mönch's version of this, quite enjoyable i must say. Much more than the bits of Solo Violin Improvisations i listened to.

they're good eh? I think I prefer Widmann's recording on the whole but his performance of no. 2 is jizzworthy

HEY HERB BOY I WILL REPLY IN A BIT IN TERMS OF REC

Anyone like some MOSAIC.WAV in this General ? Goddamn i seriously need my anime squad here

I love it

I'm going to dl a bunch of versions and see if I like any of 'em

>Goddamn i seriously need my anime squad here
Why? Why not just start an anime music thread if you specifically want to talk about anime music?

do u enjoy american primitivism

why even ask this

Because he's a bit daft.

Currently listening to haus der lüge! Also i'm gonna try to study physics for my thursday exam, although probably i'll find myself here again in 10 minutes

That policeband thing sucks, replace it with something better

i liked the fahey live album and loved a random fahey album i listened to on spotify that I don't remember

no you

No misha.

such as?
i don't mind listening to shit if it's not for too long, though

alright, i was already thinking of something else, but i guess u cant go wrong with this rateyourmusic.com/release/album/john_fahey/fare_forward_voyagers__soldiers_choice_/
his ratings say different things

oh it's all okay then

Ye ok.

"k"

what do my ratings say?

"Smoke the weed my dude"

kk