Is this the Neon Genesis Evangelion of music?

Is this the Neon Genesis Evangelion of music?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4MC_63WX8fw
youtube.com/watch?v=4xSRbO7YLKQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why would you ever think that?

It's the Ergo Proxy of music.

that's an insult to OK Computer

Its the Serial Experiments Lain of music.

this is the Gurren Laggan of music

prove me wrong

what the fuck is neon genesis evangelion

lmao kill yourself. even normies who don't watch anime know that fucking nge is.

excuse me for not wasting my life watching cartoons for little nip children

Come on, OK Computer isn't THAT bad

>Goes on Sup Forums
>Doesn't know about Eva
You have to go back

yeah, and browsing Sup Forums isn't a waste of your life, is it? you said it yourself, you don't even know what it is. educate yourself on the show and you might find that you like it.

You're missing out, you fucking nigger piece of shit.

no thats parklife

>Cartoons

get outta here pleb

Not the worst comparison, but kind of a longshot.

Dohoho

I fucking wish. That said,

> anything but Twilight by Boa
> the SEL of music

at least browsing here i can find decent new artists. i'm here to pass the time before i leave for class.
i'm not watching a cartoon. i'm 22.
good

been on Sup Forums since 2012

Speaking of which, why did the creators pick a Radiohead song?

Wouldn't it be cheaper to put together a crappy J-pop tune than to license Paranoid Android?

More like The Last Airbender

> i'm 22
> been on Sup Forums since 2012

Watch out, we've got a badass over here.

Came here from /r/the_donald
Heard Sup Forums has the epic meme magic. #NIMBLENAVIGATOR #MAGA #CENTIPEDE

you can stay

trump 2016

>since 2012
>has never seen anything about NGE

If nothing else Ergo Proxy felt like it went for broke. I liked it but it's the textbook example of a pretentious anime - it tries so hard to be one of the greats like Lain or Cowboy Bebop but it only has the chops to pull of being decent.

maybe i have
i wouldnt know
i dont look up names of cartoons or pay attention

Is there an anime out there that doesn't feel like it written either by or for 14 year olds?

>90s
>Deconstruction of a genre popular in the 90s (Britpop for OKC, mecha for NGE)
>Critically acclaimed
>Heavy focus on isolation
>Considered entry level by their respective boards
>Emotionally important for a lot of people who first experienced them as teenagers
>Both are "deep", but not really that deep

And most importantly
>Both star a small whiny boy

Steins Gate

Of course not.
That's the target audience.

I still loved the setting though, it's a shame it wasn't longer since it had the potential to be a really interesting universe and lore.

there are some
largely no though

Maybe Mononoke? I feel like that series is too slow to maintain a teenager's attention.

>Steins Gate
LMAO

Mushishi

I'd argue that NGE was even more influential than OKC.

Main character has a bad case of the chuuni, yo.

fags

30-sai no hoken taiku

It's was literally written for the purpose of getting 30 year old virgins laid.

Welcome to the NHK and just about anything from Satoshi Kon.

It starts off gay but ends up being pretty fucking good

my nigga

Yeah, it gets serious in the back half but the characters are still teenagers and you can tell. Hell, Kurisu is basically a closet Sup Forumstard.

Nope, this is
>actually pretty good
>very overhyped
>hipsters and contrarians hate it
>massive commercial success, which in turn lead to over-comercialization

Haibane Renmei
Texhnolyze
Now and Then, Here and There

A cartoon is a drawn animation

> Texhnolyze

Now that's a pleb filter anime.

planetes.

i hate anime and i was trolling an anime thread on /wsg/ and some cocksucker posted a webm of it in reply to me and described it a little and i thought 'hm' so i downloaded it and that son of a bitch made me like an anime.

Bland, try-hard and overrated as fuck? Sure thing.

Yeah, but the thing about Eva is that it pulled off its bait and switch. Like OKC, it showed that an accessible expression of deeper themes could resonate with audiences and make a beaucoup of money in the process.

it's one of the best albums ever, it's that kind of bad

Evangelion is still the best series ever made.

Yeah, just like Mirai Nikki, Elfen Lied and any other shounenshit that tries so hard to use psychological/religious themes and ends up beign total trainwreck swarming with plotholes.

It's not even the best gainax show

Ànd unlike those, Eva has good, well developed characters and doesn't be edgy for the sake of shocking people.

It surprised me how good this album actually was when I listened to it all the way through for the first time.

>good, well developed characters
Shinji truly was a well developed, considering how his whining got more and more intense while learning nothing from his mistakes.

>doesn't be edgy for the sake of shocking people
Then what is pic related and other Asuka's abusing scenes.

>Shinji truly was a well developed, considering how his whining got more and more intense while learning nothing from his mistakes.
That's stupid, there isn't a rule that states a character has to progress over the course of the story, Shinji is a very realistic portrayal of an abandoned, scared 14 year old boy.

>Then what is pic related and other Asuka's abusing scenes.
The shocking scenes in Eva were never forced or in your face like the two you just mentioned.
Everything was maturely handled in my opinion.

and that would be?

How?

>implying Radiohead gives PTSD

this

>Kurisu is basically a closet Sup Forumstard
most accurate description of hers ive ever seen

>depressed teenagers living an alien monster apocalypse
>implying its not Kid A

K-On, you pleb

I agree with that sentiment

no, that's Kid A

Nah, this is.
youtube.com/watch?v=4MC_63WX8fw

dubs of truth

Absolutely. Hell, the first episode is a pleb filter. The first 11 minutes contain no dialogue and are presented in the most abstract way possible.

I highly suggest re-watching NGE and EoE if you aren't shitposting. It is nothing like Mirai Nikki and Elfen Lied, and comparing it to those shows is insulting. I've seen NGE a number of times and could write a thesis on it's brilliant direction, atmosphere, character depth, and theming. It's subtle use of symbolism (I'm not talking about the religious symbolism, which I will concede is there simply to look cool. I'm talking about repeating imagery and situations that reoccur throughout the show that symbolize the characters' state of minds) and foreshadowing are phenomenal, and it's atmosphere is unmatched, I feel, by any other anime (although Serial Experiments Lain comes extremely close).

>OKC is NGE
>Kid A is EoE

Is this accurate?

Pretty accurate, I would say.

>unironically comparing it entirely based on its culture and critical reception as opposed to similar themes and/or story

This is closer 2bh
youtube.com/watch?v=4xSRbO7YLKQ

is this pasta?

It's like... What Anime looks like a meme, is 60s themed, is overproduced but is surprisingly enjoyable?

the only anime actually worth watching

Neon Genesis Evangelion

I rewatched Eva in february and EoE about a year ago. Alongside christianity Anno tried clearly dealt with oidipus complex of some sort (Shinji and her mother's relationship, Eva's pilot chamber filled with water like amniotic fluid and so on), but using these kind of themes in a shounen show makes it feel the same way Mirai Nikki tried to dealt with parallel universes: laughable as hell. If the idea to put teens with attitude problems to control mechas to save the world isn't ridicilous, then I don't know what is.

[spoiler]You're still right about Lain, it's a great show.[/spoiler]

It's a deconstruction of shounen and mecha tropes. The fact that emotionally unstable children are piloting the "robots" and saving the world is supposed to be ridiculous and horrifying. Most other shonen and mecha shows do the same thing, having children save the world, but are never really aware of just how insane that is.

Eva really isn't shounen. It starts out that way, sure, but it eventually becomes a deconstruction of that sort of genre. Also, can you really compare EoE and Mirai Nikki and not see just how vastly better EoE is executed on an artistic level than Mirai Nikki?

In my opinion it's very ineffective, especially when Shinji's whining was so over-used that it felt more like attention-whoring rather than unstability and seeking acceptance and pity from other characters. And what comes to the attention-whoring, Asuka was the most one dimensional of them all because her personality was almost entirely based on that factor. I would call that very complex and brilliant character writing.

It sure tries to progress away from shounen, until Kaworu appeared with his gay pandering. As much as I hate Mirai Nikki, at least it hasn't overly long still shots, generic symphonic soundtrack, unimaginative Angels and impractically designed cities.

Oh and forgot to mention about plotholes which I stated in older post: if Gendou really needed that badly Shinji to pilot EVA, why the hell he didn't force Shinji to collect his shit so he could actually operate that thing when needed? Gendou supposed to be a leader of massive military organization so why he would care, considering how much he ignored Shinji in the first place? And what comes to those other mecha shows, Gunbuster handled traumatic aspects way better and had at least believeable characters than this.

what's deeper than the existentialist reality of the millennial society?

Is it? It's the only one I've seen, and it's my favorite show altogether

I would say yes, I haven't found one other show that really just "gets it" it like Neon Genesis. its just deconstructing enough to be interesting and just non pretentious enough to be taken seriously.

OVAs are good though, Ghost in the Shell is very good and Akira is even better than NGE imho. But I know nothing about anime

>"I mean yeah why the fuck wouldn't a 14 year old kid risk his fucking life against a giant ass alien godzilla shit just because his faggot father that doesn’t even love him asks him to do so"

Glasslip
Rail Wars
Pupa
Oni Chichi

>no one has posted this yet

there is nothing wrong with trying too hard and who honestly gives a shit about potholes

wrong, this is EoE

That's the music equivalent of a huge trainwreck like Samurai Flamenco or Aldnoah Zero

you're the musical equivalent of shit taste and can't into meta art

You're the musical eqivalent of Korinefags who pretend literal shit is deep art