Awful guitar gear

Post the worst pedals and amps.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sOTuhJaHdVc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

That Behringer shit is a fine set of knockoffs for studio work. It's just fragile and eats the hell out of batteries if you use them that way. Yes absolute shit for live, fine if you just want the sounds.

Also that Tony Iommi Signature combo by Lanely. That thing sounds atrocious

Still got that little guy from when I first started playing

Metalzone is great if you want a distorted tone, not if you want a clean one though so I can see what you mean.

idk why you'd buy a metal distortion pedal for a clean sound desu senpai

How do you make a delay bad though? Isn't just anything that repeats the signal atleast decent?

>he doesn't buy metal zones for clean tone

Kek

Nah
Delay sounds vary in quality too. The way that a pedal repeats what you played will sound very different from pedal to pedal

Good example at one that ruins it completely?

I made an entire album using this fuck you man

Can we hear it?

You wish buddy

i own one
it sucks
big time

Ok, now that we have the worst delay pedal confirmed, what are the other ones?

this
the circuits sound exactly the same as the boss ones they're copying
the build quality is just total shit

>implying boss is any good

Line6 DL-4, for example

ever record in an apartment? try turning on a pedal with one of those standard loud-ass switches and not have it screw up the recording.
they're not my favorite sound-wise but they're relatively cheap and objectively well designed.

Lol, I used to own this one, until it broke after 3yrs of heavy use and bought another. The build quality became atrocious, behringer literally stopped caring about their pedals, sold it and got a dd7
Still not as bad as danelectro FAB series though

Look at this pretentious fggt and laugh

There is nothing wrong with Boss for filling out your chain with necessary things you're not picky about. Very generic, middle of the road sounds out of everything they put out. Like if you're looking for a signature distortion tone, I'd go for anything else, but if you need a chorus, just any chorus afterward, a Boss would be the way to go.

Also their builds are pretty solid and they're easy to use, as far as switching, keeping noise out, intuitive controls, easy to open up, etc. They're pedals you can forget about.

Boss's non-distortion pedals are great if you want something cheap and basic.
Even their distortion ones have their place, the Power Stack ST-2 is objectively pretty bad-sounding overdrive but I use it for shoegaze stuff

the must have pedal for giving up on writing, technique, or both. JUST

>bad
>not the greatest thing to ever have existed on this beautiful blue planet

Good for drone, shoe gaze and experimental stuff, but that's about it. Good for soundscapes and the like

13:40
youtube.com/watch?v=sOTuhJaHdVc

>Good for bore, blandgaze and full retard stuff, but that's about it. Good for literally not paying attention and the like

>lol it has a magic button

>being this much of a nigger

what the fuck
I don't even play guitar but I want to make a harsh noise album with this now

Has anyone plugged in a mic and tried singing through this one?

lol you have no imagination

The music you make will never have any cultural significance.

i've used this one before. it's just like a less durable dd3 2bh

what's so awful about this one? it's not an hm-2 but it gets the job done

>implying boss doesn't do good effect pedals
there are good sounding fx-heavy bands that use mostly boss pedals like mono

it's not just a fuck my shit up button.
it's just arpeggiator+harmonizer+delay in just one pedal with optional noise generation
it's pretty unique and niche i guess but it works pretty well

stop hating on inanimate objects and get your shit together

>drone
>no cultural significance
can you stop spilling shit our of your mouth for a second thanks

Not him but drone is shitty, boring music

I'm going to buy this now, thanks.

i got this guy new for $25 and sometimes i use it over my carbon copy
it just sounds different to me not shitty

This pedal is only bad because people don't know how to use it

Absolutely not true
I mean, if you take some time to tweak the settings it does sound a bit better, but the sound is still shit

>not him
is him

There are so many fuzz pedals that are cheaper that sound way better

Sorry laddie, you got that wrong

Drone still sucks

>implying
it's just a muddy high output distortion
if you're trying to use it as a rat or a fuzz it won't work but if you're trying to obscure your sound hm and mt pedals are a classic

i own pic related, top channel is the same as the dime pedal iirc and it's usable. i'll admit i mostly own it for the fuzz on the bottom channel though

so untrue. it's a great sounding fuzz so tweakable you can make sound like a fuzzface or a muff

Used to own this... Absolute bullcrap.

That's not a pedal that's a bomb.

Had both the digital and analog, the digital makes some weird noise when you set the feedback over 60% and the analog is usable, also noisy but usable, sold it bcs got a proper delay pedal.

gr8 b8 mt8

da fuck are those? srsly curious

Both are distortion

Best answer itt

This motherfucker right here.
Just wanted a cheap useful looper, the reviews where good so I got one. It's awfull, unresponsive af, getting both loops to match is nearly imposible and the preamp for mic is just a feedback switch
Fuck this pedal

What the hell were they thinking when they didn't make the loops sync up automatically? Were no musicians in the working team for this?

What did that thing ever even do, tangibly?

According to the manual you can either use the metronome (who the fuck would do that in a live getting) or just count the seconds.
Maybe they wanted ppl to buy it's big brother, but is just as shitty and doubt anyone would want another Vox pedal after this one.
The fucking Zoom G1on has a better looper

quads confirm

Imagine one day drone artist will use two different notes, whoa

It's a diy footswitch, how can it be shit?

These are my candidates for worst pedals, still, the metal distortion is better than the mt

R8

You don't really think all drone is just one note, do you? Poor stupid child.

Marshall pedals are good for guitar wankery and not much more. But if thats your thing, it's ok

Holy shit it still probably won't be right. This is just so fucking stupid and bad that it angers me.

>muh pedal points

>Melodic drone

cringe setup

Boss is good for digital/analog delay, and their new RV-6 is actually pretty good, way better than the RV-5.

Anything else they're pretty bad at

the EQ is fine

>actual Fender strat
>not Squier
>through all those shitty pedals
Shame tbqh

Man I started playing guitar on this pedal. Great memories with this thing.

But yeah, don't be seen with this pedal if you're sporting something other than a Squier Fender...

Well, the DD3 is a good delay pedal, can't tell what the rest is

>you will never make dadrock you can talk about at rich white people dinners

Boss makes gr8 pedals familia
They might be generic and all that but they last forever and get the job done. The're like the sm58 of guitar pedals, of course some of them suck balls (metalzone being one of the main offenders) but the basic ones are gr8, and they have some weird ones that are criminally overlooked, like the excelent PS3.
Graham Coxons setup consists on nothing more than boss pedals

Well, I (personally) really don't like the sound of FAB pedals. They're terrible.
He should have gotten ToneCity stuff instead.

>FAB pedals
to be fair, those are cool cat series, had true bypass and were clones of boutique gear such as paul cochrane timmy and frantone peach fuzz

The cool cat series is pretty decent, theres one model that has that "jamc psychocandy" sound, can't remeber the name.
FAB series are atrocious

Sounds just like Strymon to me

hey, newbie guitarfag here.
I don't own any pedals, but I've been thinking of trying out some. What are some decent Bitcrushers, Reverb, Loopers and Wah, not after edgy Distortion shit though.

is a send/return effects loop. You run two different effects chains that you can switch between with the pedal going straight to your amp.

the bassist of Swans uses this pedal tho

the GOAT

holy grail reverb and cry baby wah best for the money

not sure about bitcrushers or loopers

rate muh setup

here they are again

fab echo is great for garage rock vibes

fucking shit setup

Does Vomir actually use that shit?

Metal Zone, DOD Grunge etc are all pedals for playing quietly imo

You're gonna sound like shit if you try to use these stage volume with a drummer, but they are fantastic for playing bedroom level to get thick saturated distortion without a bass to fill in the bottom end

You kids might be too young to remember the Danelectro Fab Tone. When they started making pedals (cool cat chorus, fab tone, daddy o overdrive) they weren't those little toys people think of now. This was my favorite "holy shit" wasps in a box distortion when I was a kid. I've been meaning to order one from ebay for years now since I lost mine

Well, he is a talentless hack, even for harsh noise stardards

The DS-1 is the GOAT pedal for noise, I. hooked mine up to a busted mc-303 and had an extremely fun power electronics session

>The DS-1 is the GOAT pedal for noise
I fucking sold mine.

But yes, DS-1s are extremely noisy, and they're great when you turn up all the knobs and the tone to the highest frequency possible.

I currently have a bass big muff and it's good enough for what I do, but I want to get another fuzz with a lot more range/gain.

I think Unknown Mortal Orchestra used this on his first album. I heard some of the 'vocal' presets on there from here

ehh, i assume you are just saying this because those are popular and BBE swindles people into thinking they need them? its an alright maximizer

Yeah those are actually pretty alright. The minis are shit however. Made the mistake of getting the reverb one as a kid, thinking "How can you fuck up reverb? I'll just get the cheapest one I can find."

And that's how I learned how they can fuck up reverb.