clyp.it/afwskqik
clyp.it/jtkiicc2
clyp.it/2jzuwhoi
clyp.it/zj0yokjg
clyp.it/wsrwll02
clyp.it/4goquvxb
clyp.it/kvvkkhd5
thepiratebay.org/torrent/11671807/Xfer_Records_-_Serum_v1.038_OS_X_[dada]
kat.cr/clips4sale-family-therapy-melanie-hicks-experimental-slut-serum-makes-mother-my-whore-480p-roleplay-t12144408.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Does anyone know how Can's Zhengzheng Rikang was produced?

Also, what are some good, free drum vsts that sound alright? Both real drums and synth drums are appreciated.
I already have MT-Power Drum Kit and Old Tape Drums for Kontakt.

why did /prod/ die so fast

Just got a Macbook Pro Retina 13" and Logic Pro X. I'm still hating it compared to FL 10. I ended up getting Ableton Live and I like it better, but it still doesn't feel great.

>4032÷2
>not using FL Studio
wew

Because Sup Forumstants don't give a shit about making music

anyone have a recommendation for an interface similar to firestudio mobile? mine stopped working out of nowhere and I'm antsy to get another presonus because their customer service isn't helping me at all and the thing isn't working for any good reason

*hesitant, not antsy. opposite of the term.

Focusrite Saffire Pro 26

gotcha, I'll check it out thanks. probably could've just figured that out on my own but this is just as easy

considering moving to a mac

I'm an ableton user, will I have any trouble getting my VSTs to work? any other advice?

sc thread proves otherwise

but at the same time I'm glad they dont come here, it's all fucking trash

mac is annoying cause it uses vsti's instead of just vsts, so some if not most your plugins might not work

>cut frequencies with EQ
>compress
>boost frequencies with EQ

Is this how it should be done when cutting and boosting?

hmm, that's annoying. any significant benefits to making the switch that would offset that?

I'm considering switching for reasons other than music, or I'd have looked into all this before anything else

I honestly am not super familiar with the transition process because I've always had a mac, I would google "vst vs vsti" or something like that. one problem I've run into is that a lot of free plugins only come in vst and not vsti which is a bit of a bitch

does it work for you?

then sure

The problem is, I don't know if it works for me.

why

I don't know if I should just cut AND boost frequencies before I compress. I don't know what's more effective.

any ableton tutorials?
making the switch from FL

Literally use your ears.

Depends WHAT you are EQing and compressing, really
For vocals I'd cut and boost before compressing, with (for example) guitar I'd do it the way you are doing it right now
Depends on what you are working with, really

What program would you guys recommend to produce $uicideboy$ style beats?

Ive been watching this guy sadowickproductions. Hes got a whole course on it on YouTube
Best of luck mang

depends on a few things:
- how steep was your roll off on the intial cut
- what part of the sound is being compressed
- how much post-compression gain is being applied

an example:

say you high passed the low end using a 12db slope because you still wanted a little bit of that low end.

then you compressed the same sound - the part of the sound that had its gain reduced was in a different part of the spectrum.

you then you gain compensated and brought the levels up.

because of this, the low-end you left behind because of the soft-slope on the high pass would be louder (by however much you brought the levels up by) + relatively more present due to compression.

if after this process you think you left too much low end you have a couple of options:
1. if you still have the entire effects chain at your disposal you can just go back to that initial cutting eq and adjust it
2. if you've bounced/flattened and do not have access to that initial eq you can cut/shelf again

2 is less desirable as you'd be flipping the phase on the signal again, which might cause issues - if it doesn't cause issues then there's no problem.

boosting post-compression is a good idea generally as long you're sensible.

Anyone here recording Black Metal? I could use some advice on this one. It's still in it's working phase and there are quite a lot details that are going to be added, but what the hell. Also it's 2 minutes long and has no vocals yet.

clyp.it/3ulbbeho

Just finished this, feeback pls.
The first few seconds are silent, so just skip ahead.

clyp.it/map2rop3

FL Studio is really easy to get started with but Live will be better for you if you actually stick with it and learn it.

FL Studio

daily
a
i
l
y
reminder

Your mix is the most important aspect of ur song

just finished up this track, mix/master on ATH-M50X and some medium quality desktop speakers, no monitors unfortunately.

feedback greatly appreciated
clyp.it/4km5vp4x

>it uses vsti's instead of just vsts

VSTs and VSTIs are the same shit, more or less. VSTI just means "Virtual Studio Technology Instrument", so FM8 is a VSTI while Guitar Rig is a VST. They both work on Mac but you need Mac specific VSTs. Mac uses .vst. .dlls from Windows will not work.

Macs also use AU which I would suggest while working on OSX. The only downside is that you're gonna be missing out on a lot of obscure plugins that Windows has, though. I'd suggest seeing which VSTs don't have a Mac port so you can see what you'll miss when you switch to Mac.

I prefer Windows but I also have a Macbook which has Ableton on it. OSX has only crashed once while my PC crashes a bit more than that because of its "open" nature.

>#easylistening
You should turn down the compression/limiting if that's what you're going for. Nothing worse than a chill song with the dynamic range all fucked to shit.

clyp.it/afwskqik

idk if I like the drums here

Anybody here a part of any local music groups or collaborate with any local producers? Im trying to find people to share creativity with but its hard to actually find people

No, the scene sucks where I live

I have two good friends online though.

i was kinda joking, its background music for a racing game in my head. Is the compression too heavy?

>30 minutes without a response
WILL /EMMU/ PLEASE STOP IGNORING ME IT'S NOT FUCKING FUNNY ANYMORE

That seems normal. I usually EQ after the comp because I'm lazy and if you EQ before the comp and then change the EQ settings it will also change the comp.

Why the fuck are you doing that on my goddamn post you twat?

I have a presonus audiobox usb and it also stopped working for no good reason at all, and presonus doesn't help me either even though my problem is extremely popular on the forums.

Its a shame too, I really like presonus stuff. I use studioone and notion just about every day and actually paid for licenses, but apparently that doesn't warrant presonus actually assisting me with hardware problems

Hey guys, I had my Boss BR-600 fail on me recently, anyone know any good alternatives?

Don't try to imposter me you fuck.

Ignore this guy, it is NOT me.

epic simply ebin

Yeah, nice try. So, how do you like the track and what do you think of it?

That's not how it works, buddy. You tell ME what you think of the track. I fucking made it so I can't give an unbiased view of it.

Does this sound good? I'm not sure if the transition into the beat sounds ok?

clyp.it/jtkiicc2

Sounds good, I think you should try some different drums, because if you're not sure if you like the drums it means they aren't right.

I didn't listen fully, cba rn

BUT I do think its very overtly loud. The dynamics are crushed a bit, esp with the kick (which sounds good btw)

Can you not do that, please?

I like the drums on this a lot actually, sample is cool too

Post the last song you've finished

here's mine

clyp.it/2jzuwhoi

STOP FUCKING PRETENDING TO BE ME THEN

What site did you meet them on? And happen to be by the 513 by chance?

Holy fuck, you're batshit crazy. Go hang yourself.

Mac has coreaudio which shits on every kind of asio if you're not buying 1000$+ interfaces.
You also got the possibility of using Logic which comes with so many great plugins and instruments.
Built myself a hackintosh so if needed I can always switch, which I never do.

I met them through sc, we both posted in the SC threads but that was way back when before it was shit, in like 2011(12?).

We exchanged Skype and the rest was history

He frogposts, but atleast he's not the one crying because no one responded to his post. That's pretty pathetic desu.

I ain't cryin' tho senpai, he set me up

ANYONE INTERESTED IN A COLLABORATION??

HEAD OVER HERE YA DINGUS

no

Phase issues be damned, I get the best results, subjectively, from chaining lots of shit together. Often something like EQ or filter -> MB compressor -> EQ -> FabFilter C2 or Glue -> Final EQ. Sometimes I do 2 multiband compressors, and sometimes I play with different phase settings on the EQ.

It kills my CPU, but sculpting away piece by piece like this works best for me.

Was there something in the pastebin for recording? Do you guys just put a microphone infront of your amp or what

also if I could get feedback on stuff I could improve on in general for stuff in the future would be nice.

ASIO on Windows 10 is pretty good right now desu senpai. Running around 7 ms (64 samples at 44.1 kHz) roundtrip without stressing my computer. I could run lower but I'm using USB and my CPU is pretty old. With all that said, CORE is still basically plug and play. It's honestly a lot easier.

I guess production wise it isn't amazingly bad.
Composition wise though it's...beginner level.

Almost sounds like Sweet Trip. It is good for background music if that's what you meant by easy listening, almost suited for a video game

>acts like a spoiled cunt
>others tell you off
>"WASN'T ME SOMEONE ELSE HACKED INTO MY ACCOUNT"

Really nigga?

what did you use for the bass line?

Hit up the /r/makinghiphop collab threads.

Ah, fuck it. Say what you want, I don't care. If you don't believe me that's fine. I just don't care anymore. Shouldn't have even come here.

Get an audio interface and a instrument cable.

The Focusrite 2i2 often gets recommended, though it clips really easily on instruments, so go for the 2i4.

Damn, feels bad man. I've been producing for 2 years.

I definitely suggest the 2i4 if you're gonna record instruments. The pad feature and the ability to blend input with playback is also pretty fucking nice.

>clyp.it/2jzuwhoi
I feel like the only thing missing from this is a singer.
The wife actually started bopping in her seat when I put it on.

not only that. You can forget using audio from 2 sources with low latency.

>the ability to blend input with playback
doesn't every interface have this?

woah that's crazy, thank you man.

>wife
Get out.

Yep, but for a starter, they're the interfaces I always suggest. Between the 2i4 and 2i2, the 2i2 has a switch that's simply all playback or all dry input. The 2i4 has a knob where you can specify how much of the playback or input signal you want. The AudioBox has the same setup but the preamps a bit noisier. They're also a bit unreliable and tend to just stop working randomly.

Go watch some videos about music theory.

Anyone else wanna chime in?

I started watching music theory videos a while ago, but I just sort of lost interest in it before learning much. I'll get back to it now though, thanks.

Can you try to be a bit more descriptive regarding the track? Like what timestamps in particular I should fix, etc. When talking about the coposition, are you saying that the notes and chords don't fit together sonically or that the structure of the song is bad?
Thanks family.

clyp.it/zj0yokjg

clyp.it/wsrwll02

eminem came through and rapper over my beat what do you think

are these gigantic things really necessary? can't it be done on a computer

not the dude youre talking to but your song isn't bad at all man... i have also been producing for 2 years and you're basically at my level. i played french horn for 7 years and have 2 years of keyboard experience so i have a pretty good handle on music theory... maybe learning about rhythm theory could help spice up your drums. the problem with this track isnt theory related at all the drums just sound weak, and yeah the bass line is a little beginner.

Why does the compressor in Serum work way better than the Ableton compressor when it comes to Serum's synths?

also your sounds are just weak. i changed my mind you need to practice composing sorry

>clyp.it/zj0yokjg
synths sound like a megadrive

oh my god im laffin

its like you just pasted random chords and notes around. just stick to conventional chord progressions

wtf is a megadrive

By composing, do you mean that the melodies and chords are out of tune or boring, or that the song in it's entirety is poorly structured?

I'll definitely try to fix the drums and bassline, thanks.

The chords are really poorly composed. As well as the over all rhythm. It sounds thrown together

clyp.it/4goquvxb
thoughts, feelings, concerns?

anyone know what kanye does to his kicks on Black Skinhead to make them sound "bouncy"? I don't know much about production so thats the only word i could use to describe them

>Torrenting your DAW

how the fuck do i get better at EQing, everything i make sounds muddy after a couple of days without listening to it

Hey guys what do you think of my new dubstep beat?

clyp.it/kvvkkhd5

anyone got a link for serum mac?
>inb4 kanye west safari tab

10/10

>Cut the low end on everything that isn't a kick or bass.
>Boost the high end on hi-hats. symbals, and vocals
>Make sure that too many instruments and sounds don't clash together in the frequency spectrum.

thepiratebay.org/torrent/11671807/Xfer_Records_-_Serum_v1.038_OS_X_[dada]
kat.cr/clips4sale-family-therapy-melanie-hicks-experimental-slut-serum-makes-mother-my-whore-480p-roleplay-t12144408.html