What do you think of Elliott Smith, Sup Forums?

What do you think of Elliott Smith, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=a4fYYtSYv-8
youtube.com/watch?v=EAhD0Wm9PfM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

p good

p gr8

p dece

glad he's dead

he was probably a real douchebag but he made Kiwi Mad Dog 20/20 so as far as that goes i'd say him and the world are even

Overrated junkie

If he didn't die he'd be like Jason Mraz

Favorite musician of all time desu

Every one of his albums is damn near 10/10

Apparently he was super nice and funny, just really awkward and shy.

If he didn't die he'd be making more of the abstract noise rock songs that got cut from FABOTH.

youtube.com/watch?v=a4fYYtSYv-8

>tfw we will never get a full album of songs like these

Either/Or is a 10/10 album

Between the Bars is a perfect song.

no

no

i cried more than once to his music desu senpai

Between The Bars isn't even the best song on Either/Or

Speed Trials > Alameda > Ballad Of Big Nothing is probably the best three song stretch in his whole catalog

I discovered him when i was a loser kid in high school, which is the best time to discover Elliott smith, this was the early 2000's when the only people who knew who he was were people who listened to the good will hunting soundtrack lel.
Now that im older and he was name dropped in a rick and morty episode im out

nah, it's gotta be the first three songs off roman candle

Oh yeah that's a great one too

desu now that i think about it the first three-song stretch on all his albums is pretty great except for maybe s/t depending on what you think of Clementine and New Moon where it goes 2-3-4

Fucking amazing. From a Basement, s/t and Figure 8 are 10/10's

>a show i dont like mentioned a musician so i hate them

nice

I only just started listening to him and I think he's great. I've been trying to learn Tomorrow Tomorrow on guitar for the past couple weeks.

Good luck, some of Elliott's fingerpicked songs are insane. I tried to learn Angeles once and barely made it past the first chord.

From A Basement is still great for me but it would have been an actual 10/10 if he had finished it. Like, gone down in history 10/10.

youtube.com/watch?v=EAhD0Wm9PfM

The unreleased cuts from the album are unbelievable.

Agreed. He DEFINITELY had the genius to release one of the GOAT's, and Basement would much likely be it. Such a huge loss.

>stabbed himself in the heart
props for rare method

HE WAS MURDERED

WAKE UP PEOPLE

from Either/Or it's Speed Trials > Ballad of Big Nothing > No Name No. 5 for best 3

Always assumed he was typical oversentimental teenage girl core, recently started listening and discovered he's a legitimately good songwriter and his songs generally have great guitar parts with weird and interesting chord movements and changes

>No Name No. 5
fuck no that's the worst No Name of them all

my nigga

>charles bukowski

kek

i was having a shit day and this made me lol

thank you