Thoughts on Animal Collective?

Thoughts on Animal Collective?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yTg2G7no-fQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

great

Animal Collective is legitimately one of the worst bands of all time.

This is what happens when a bunch of faux-artsy numales really want to be cool and different but are too dumb and uninteresting to do it any way possible and also think they're too good for anything that conveys any kind of emotion. Or is catchy. Or is written well. Or has anything redeeming.

Listening to this god-awful band is like having an 8th grader beat me over the head with a finger painting. It is so contrived it's agonizing. These guys so hard to be artsy it sounds like the members have veigns popping out of their forehead.

It goes out of its way to be different because it has no other ways to be interesting and the way it's different is just random bullshit. It's lame as fuck and them cranking that factor up to 11 doesn't change that.

I don't expect any kind of rebuttal because their fans are the worst kind of hipsters that act like babies when someone doesn't like what they like and think insulting someone is an argument.

They're by far my favorite group of musicians. Let's have actual discussion in this thread, though. One word replies are for narcs.

>Most sonically unique release in your opinion?
>Best experience listening to an AnCo album?
>Which artist has your favorite solo work?
>Who is the cutest?

you must be fun at parties

10/10 pasta

thyre cool

You're good at using buzzwords and generalizations to stretch out the idea "I don't enjoy this band".

That being said I can promise you AnCo is just a group of psychedelic dads who like making cool music and if it doesn't click for you then so be it. They clearly aren't trying to impress anyone.

there ok but I feel like 21 Pilots is a more refined version of the sound they are trying to make

STGSTV or HTCI
My first strong lsd trip, I had no real visual effects until In the Flowers, literally everything seemed colorful and incredibly interesting

Probably Panda with Person Pitch
>Who is the cutest?
Panda

I wish i could time dropping acid so it hits full force the second In The Flowers picks up, i can only imagine how magical it would be

i actually don't understand why people enjoy anco. it sounds like garbage. i enjoy a few tracks out of the one album i've heard,but the rest of it is trash imo. also, it's overproduced as hell (listen to their live performances)

i was at a live show last saturday and it was great

how does one describe something concisely without buzzwords?

Starland? Me too that shit was incredible

>mfw at an anco concert on acid
>mfw loch raven

yeah i was blown away by their energy. vocal performances were almost flawless too

STGSTV, it's so light and sharp at the same time
Lying on my bed one evening in complete darkness while listening to Visiting Friends through my stereo and just thinking about everything going on.
Honestly, probably Avey, he's got the most varied solo work and while I love Panda's stuff as well, Avey's is a lot more interesting
>Who is the cutest?
Do you even need to ask this? Everyone's thinking the same thing: Panda

Twenty One Pilots remind me of Animal Collective.
IDK why though

Autism

What a waste of quads, kys...

>6666
waste

kinda cool but nerdy

I prefer Avey's work with AnCo but I think Panda's solo output is superior. Weird.

Anyway the stretch from For Reverend Green to Fireworks to #1 is goddamn magical

I think they're a great band with a varied discography. I'm not sure why, but they get a bit of hate on this board.

Their best in my opinion is a tie between HCTI and Campfire Songs

>it sounds like garbage
>out of the one album i've heard

Feels >>>>>>>>>>

That's not Strawberry Jam

essential embryocore

Does anyone have that one video of a guy ripping off Purple Bottle?

gotchu famalam
youtube.com/watch?v=yTg2G7no-fQ

What is it about them that incites lust in the average 20 something male?

I was about to say the same thing.
In my first listen to Strawberry Jam, that was the thing that caught my attention the most.

SJ > Feels

What album? They have some pretty sparse albums

I have the most powerful memories of listening to Animal Collective in 2009. I go back to that time period whenever I listen to their music. Do you think an acid trip would bring me back to those times even harder? I've never done acid but I am very curious.

It's their core demographic. Is that a bad thing?

I like em. Used to love em. Their last album was not very good.

I had no idea AC grew to be so popular until I started browsing Sup Forums
I think listening to their music produces more dopamine in my mind than any other music i've been able to find. I would listen to them when I was going through a really rough time and it would make my mood so much better. Maybe it has this effect for males who are experiencing the life changes of becoming an adult?

STGSTV is their best album

>not Campfire Songs

gotta be pasta

what are ancos worst songs? baby day has to be up there

Hollinndagain is literally perfect

Whaddit I Done kind of sucks

I still like it though

forest gospel kicked my ass
and I Think I Can is so fucking underrated

avey seems like such a genuinely good person

One of my favorite bands of all time. I grew up on the beach boys so when I first heard sung tongs all those years ago it just clicked.

There's that story of when he got drunk and acted like a knob on stage. He said he felt really bad and played some songs in the parking lot to make up for it, though. He does seem like a really nice guy.

Panda seems sort of inapproachable though, but I've heard he's clinically depressed

Are there any medieval musicians that sound like Animal Collective? Like, something that sounds like AnCo but it's really from 1440 or something?

doesnt panda have stage fright or somethin? also whats that story about Avey being a knob

Those are both great.

Yeah

pic

I don't know, I like Whaddit I done, but I can't decide if I like it's placing in the tracklist

the first two on STGSTV are unlistenable to me. 2deep

>april and the phantom
>unlistenable
have you tried listening for more than 20 seconds

>he doesn't like April and the Phantom
good god man please listen again

What is the best album, is the newest album any good? I like floridada

It's the greatest album of all time

if you go in expecting anything more than some fun, almost laid-back (not in the sense that they're slow, but rather there's no urgency) pop songs you will be dissapointed. if you listened to and hated PBVSGR just stay away. but yes i thought it was good.

It's alright, but far far from their best. There are some great tracks on it, but it's lacking the emotion that has been so present in most AnCo records

Campfire Songs a best

>Best Album
>Best Member
>Best Anco related Album
>Worst Album

>Best Album
Strawberry Jam
>Best Member
Avey
>Best Anco related album
Person Pitch
>Worst Album
Hollinndagain

Here Comes the Indian > Spirit They're Gone Spirit They've Vanished > Sung Tongs > Feels > Merriweather Post Pavilion > Strawberry Jam > Campfire Songs > Painting With > Centipede Hz > Danse Manatee

I just wanted to know what was about them that made dudes so gay

those are two of ancos best songs. i can understand spirit theyve vanished but how is april and the phantom unlistenable?

baby day is listenable but everything comes together in a sour way and its not very enjoyable to me

Honestly my favorite band since freshman year. You can listen to their songs over and over again and still pick up little parts that sound so sweet. I'm extremely jealous of anyone that was around for the MPP era with Oddsac and FBK.

The five worst Animal Collective songs, in no particular order:

>Penguin Penguin
>Father Time
>Whaddit I Done
>Vertical
>Daffy Duck

thank you for putting in Vertical. I do disagree with Whaddit I Done

Anyone have a link for Danny's Jam?

>daffy duck
>bad

>Daffy Duck
very true. whenever i listen to feels i space out during this track and think about stopping the album there

I love it, it gets me bobbing my head and singing along. Although I only listen to the Live at Other Music version.

>Best Album
feels
>Best Member
Avey (his melodies are better)
>Best Anco related Album
Sleep Cycle or Tomboy
>Worst Album
tie between Centipede and PW (too many weak trax)

>Moonjock
>Wide Eyed
>Guys Eyes
>Summing the Wretch
>Father Time

>sonically unique
danse manatee
>best experience
i had just bought hollinndagain on vinyl and i put it on my friend's turntable and we listened to it while making pancakes
>solo work
i have to say deakin
sleep cycle wasn't better than person pitch but i have a feeling he will make an album better than person pitch
avey, his jawline is too good

>think insulting someone is an argument

>bunch of faux-artsy numales really want to be cool and different but are too dumb and uninteresting
>god-awful band
>like having an 8th grader beat me over the head with a finger painting
>lame as fuck
>fans are the worst kind of hipsters that act like babies

congrats you're a fucking retard

>i had just bought hollinndagain on vinyl and i put it on my friend's turntable and we listened to it while making pancakes
dang you guys are cool

>Moonjock
no
>Whaddit I Done
>Penguin Penguin
>Spilling Guts
>Must Be Treeman
>Everyone Whistling

stg, still haven't ever heard another album similar
probably the first time i listened to stg and actually realized it was fucking sick, i didn't like it for a long time
panda
>Who is the cutest?
panda

this 2bh

I'm personally more of an avey tare man myself

perfect taste