Being A White Rapper 101

What are the required criteria for being a quality white rapper? One that doesn't come off as corny or gimmicky?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xeWYfI055BE
youtube.com/watch?v=SK6RIFKItTg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

don't go thrift shopping

be creative

stop giving a shit about how you might come off and just do what comes naturally

Beastie boys

youtube.com/watch?v=xeWYfI055BE

Find a flaw

Semi-deep lyrics about "lyfe"

buzzcut

so punk influenced? Can you see a white guy making an album like yeezus?

If the subject comes up, acknowledge that it is a genre created by black Americans and that a sizable amount of people are more likely to listen to a rapper if he's white, and otherwise don't care about your skin color and do what the fuck you want.

who is the softest most respectable white rapper?

I think it'd be easier to mention what every white rapper does.

>Suck. Once you pass this barrier you're good.
>Pander to scene kids and juggalos via a focus on shock-value lyrics and corny emotional tunes focused around being an outsider
>Cover themselves heavily in tattoos or facepaint. Once you've done this, you've reached the bottom tier of white rappers

Other than that, you're probably a nerdcore rapper, in which case you're fucked in general, and that's coming from someone who likes the genre.

>My biggest influences are MBDTF and Yeezus Kanye, MF DOOM, and odd future.

>Most of the beats I use are very lush beats similar to those on Rodeo plus some sample heavy madlib inspired beats.

>Someone once told me I dress like a german exchange student who loves a$ap rocky.

Where does this put me?

step 1. acknowledge that you will never be as good as early 2000s el-p

youtube.com/watch?v=SK6RIFKItTg

prime p4k scouting material

Throw Beach House in there too as a major influence.

step 1 - be good
step 2 - don't be bad
step 3 - don't say anything racist

I haven't listened to pre-RTJ El-P but damn that's good.

EL-P and Killer Mike are better solo than in a group, seriously. EL-P in particular fucking ethers anything by Run The Jewels.

Why?

yeah. he's still pretty solid nowadays, but i'm sad that he dropped the super aggressive flow he used to have

There's some guy named Eminem. Makes love songs with Skylar Grey. Idk he's pretty emotional and soft.

I feel like R.A. The Rugged man does a good job of being a rapper, not a white rapper.