This the UK's answer to american hip-hop

>this the UK's answer to american hip-hop

You guys really think you reach our standards with this shit?

youtube.com/watch?v=VqVw2ZC9VU4

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=D8PeDsO0vGo
youtube.com/watch?v=lmRHdaOIS9s
youtube.com/watch?v=YRpGFi8-0FE
youtube.com/watch?v=r9KxqBiE_YQ
youtube.com/watch?v=ZixLBSqIlnY
youtube.com/watch?v=VTB_QikxhCk
youtube.com/watch?v=iM59LQOn_0Q
youtube.com/watch?v=lXft6zhGuxg
youtube.com/watch?v=K_7XipJGYWc
youtube.com/watch?v=qWLqzByMDCY
youtube.com/watch?v=4AFAy_jHy2I
youtube.com/watch?v=esjJK8Iijqo
youtube.com/watch?v=PDb0cp-w2l0
youtube.com/watch?v=VkoQcI0wac4
youtube.com/watch?v=C3Pp3V0N0hk
youtube.com/watch?v=It7640BMexk
youtube.com/watch?v=c_wnjxwxFgo
youtube.com/watch?v=IgL6AcixfuA
youtube.com/watch?v=uY2oH29AOdU
youtube.com/watch?v=7XYo7IcpkMs
youtube.com/watch?v=1GYYYZbGEuU
youtube.com/watch?v=QiRNzVSKWXY
youtube.com/watch?v=NfPP4YC8lLI
youtube.com/watch?v=RqQGUJK7Na4
youtube.com/watch?v=tkSSA8_WR2c
youtube.com/watch?v=U4mYo3dLE5c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

We don't copy American reggae.

>inb4 "but grime isn't hip-hop it's jungle-step garage-core"

Grime is grime, idiot.

youtube.com/watch?v=D8PeDsO0vGo

MAD TING BAR MITZVAH BREH BREH BREH
WAGWAN

certified badmen

Genre has so much potential desu, just wish someone would make a new top grime album.

I get that it's not an "album genre" but it's been done before and BIDC is a fucking classic and Wiley's first 2 albums are pretty damn good.

There are some good new more experimental producers about too, just need a good MC to spit some good shit and put some decent songs together rather than just spitting bars on a beat.

It's like our sound, UK hip-hop is shit, it's our thing. Might as well make it better.

Agreed. Promising shit been coming out on Keysound past few years

What happened to chiller, slower, more feelsy grime like the Wifey riddim and Together and shit?

Swear it's all just bangers now. Boring.

Who are some good Keysound artists to check out?

Or just grime in general. Trying to get more into instrumental grime.

Wen, Logos, and Etch are good starts

>rather than just spitting bars on a beat.
That's what grime is, fuck off. If you want anything to come back it has to be pirate radio and DvD's otherwise it's gone, it's a scene it's not just music. There are no labels and there should not be, grime artists are not sell-outs - well they weren't sell-outs, BBK are selling out hard.

>UK hip-hop is shit
No, it most certainly is not.

youtube.com/watch?v=lmRHdaOIS9s
youtube.com/watch?v=YRpGFi8-0FE
youtube.com/watch?v=r9KxqBiE_YQ
youtube.com/watch?v=ZixLBSqIlnY
youtube.com/watch?v=VTB_QikxhCk

>Might as well make it better.
It's fucking dead, there is no more grime - it's gone. There is a reason why Stormzy says 'if grime is dead'.

>mfw I am american in this thread

Its just someone trying to start the meme that grime is an offshoot of American reggae because they both use Jamaican toasting.

But plenty of grime artists have made albums.

I don't get it. A GHETTO TEENAGER made a classic with this genre, and no one's tried since. Why is this so off limits? It's a genre of music.

because it's not part of the culture. this really isn't hard to understand. i've seen you make these same posts in every grime thread you sperg.

Like Burial, people cling on to one album in a genre and never explore further because muh critical acclaim.

because most grime fans don't consume it in the album format

But it's clearly part of the culture because it's been fucking done and highly acclaimed.

An exception to the rule.

Maybe back in the day but nowadays it's different unless you're proper into dance music, but nowadays grime is rooted in roadman shit which is hip-hop culture so albums are gonna be more prominent.

Why does it have to be an exception?

but even then, they're more likely to watch a set on youtube or listen to a single than sit through a whole album

>i'm too lazy to seek out this music on my own so i want it in the most easily consumable format possible, preferably reviewed by pitchfork

This is an acclaimed highly popular breakbeat hardcore ''album'' but the rest of the genre is all about the singles. No wait, Altern-8 released an album but like Experience, it was just a collection of bangers.

>A GHETTO TEENAGER made a classic with this genre
Yeah but all he did was turn his bars into an album. Dizzee was famous well before he released Boy in Da Corner. Dizzee is far from just a ghetto teenager, he is one of the reasons why grime is so big, mainly the only reason. Pretty much the only reason he got SO big was because of Crazy Titch, one of the true grime grand-daddies.

youtube.com/watch?v=iM59LQOn_0Q
youtube.com/watch?v=lXft6zhGuxg
youtube.com/watch?v=K_7XipJGYWc

Notice how smiler they sound? Crazy is doing 30 years for murder and if he weren't in jail him and dizzee would probably have the same career.

It's simply not an album scene. It's about beats and bars, that's what it should always be about - it is changing though, sadly.

So let's just say a good rapper/MC made an album with grime beats? And it was good.

What would that be and what happens then?

post your favs
youtube.com/watch?v=qWLqzByMDCY

It would be grime..... Grime is not restricted to the UK.

youtube.com/watch?v=4AFAy_jHy2I

A good grime album coming out outside of the UK probably will never happen.

youtube.com/watch?v=esjJK8Iijqo

This is an acclaimed highly popular jungle ''album'' but the rest of the genre is all about the singles. No wait, 4hero released an album but like Slammin' Vinyl, it was just a collection of bangers.

Which does Sup Forums prefer?

*American reggae and grime

>good rap is political
How to spot a retard.

Stormzy has good flow which, as you know, can't be expressed in lyrics alone. Also using the new-school artists is an easy way to spot someone who knows nothing about grime.

>triggered

hip hop is shit, as is grime

trip hop took the idea to its logical conclusion 20 years ago. get with the times americucks

The fuck are you talking about. I didn't say either was good or bad. Why are britbongs so defensive?

>dälek
loooool

>using a biased image and saying it's un-biased
>projection
>American

>grime
>hip hop

All EDM is shit, fuck off.

I'm not biased. I don't like either

You're simply retarded if you think that image is un-biased.

If that's the case it's because reality has a bias

>being this retarded
Please, for the love of god, continue.

If Titch wasn't in for murder he'd have been picked up for something else by now. Man had videos of him kidnapping someone in Practice Hours (2?)

Plenty of MCs drop albums. Mixtapes too. Problem is that it's a small genre so unless it hits the radar of large publications no many people know.

>saying because you're afraid of the bantz
Pathetic desu

**saging

(Free bump)

skepta - konnichiwa

youtube.com/watch?v=PDb0cp-w2l0

youtube.com/watch?v=VkoQcI0wac4

youtube.com/watch?v=C3Pp3V0N0hk

youtube.com/watch?v=It7640BMexk

youtube.com/watch?v=c_wnjxwxFgo

youtube.com/watch?v=IgL6AcixfuA

this is not becoming a meme, senpai

youtube.com/watch?v=uY2oH29AOdU

BIG BOY TING

Overwrought platitudes aren't good lyrics.

Someone post a US rapper who is as good at flowwing and consistent at flowwing then most Grime rappers.

youtube.com/watch?v=7XYo7IcpkMs

A$AP - Ferg is all who I can really think of.

hip hop is lazy. grime is getting massive and brings the energy hip hop did 16 odd years ago

make way, grime is taking over

youtube.com/watch?v=1GYYYZbGEuU

>all day im in the endz

Oblivion is my favorite Grime song.

youtube.com/watch?v=QiRNzVSKWXY

youtube.com/watch?v=NfPP4YC8lLI

Trim = Best grime MC in existence. You cannot prove me wrong.

Can the UK do ANYTHING right?

kek
youtube.com/watch?v=RqQGUJK7Na4

youtube.com/watch?v=tkSSA8_WR2c

Riko Dan is og af.

Yes, yes he is.
youtube.com/watch?v=U4mYo3dLE5c

grime is no reat