TKOL

What is your opinion on this album? How does it compare to the rest of Radiohead's work?
I find it really amazing and is my third favourite Radiohead album.

5/10 at best.

I think a lot of people who are avant-teens like it because it has polyrhythms and shit but honestly it is a bad album.

It's my favourite from them. It's so tight, everything is in its right place. The first time I heard it I wasn't expecting much because people didn't really seem to like it as much as the other albums, so I was blown away upon first listen and it helped me through a hard time in high school. Good times with this album, it's like an old friend to me now.

>How does it compare to the rest of Radiohead's work?
Not favorably.

I still like it though, but mostly because of the memories it brings back when I listen to it.

Why do you view it as a bad album? I've seen this opinion a thousand times, but arguments were rarely present...

More cliched than ever, The King of Limbs (2011) is mostly a rhythmic affair, with the beats prevailing over the rest. Bloom is brainy for the sake of being brainy: convoluted rhythm, angst-filled droning vocals, a bit of minimalist keyboards and sleepy trumpet wails. Morning Mr Magpie puts the project into a different light: this is mood music made out of pretentious ideas. The single Lotus Flower ventures into disco territory but it ends up sounding like a bad version of synth-pop of the 1980s. But that's still better than no rhythm at all: the slow slow slow piano ballad Codex is simply devoid of real music: it's just somebody strumming a piano and crooning a trite melody. And Give Up The Ghost it's not even that: just a hippie-style litany repeated over and over again. The ambition of these songs is often hilarious. Yorke's insipid and narcotized singing certainly does not help rescue the rest.

Woah, that's sharp. For me, codex is Pyramid song tier

Pretty boring, especially the first half.

I defended this album, but it was immediately obvious to me that AMSP was better.

Not sure what it is. Only songs that I keep coming back to are Bloom, separator, and Lotus Flower.

It sounds like a bunch of ideas rather than fully realized songs.

i like it a lot

When compared to the rest of radioheads works its not a terribly consistent album (codex is probably the worst radiohead song made) but Little by Little and Lotus Flower pretty amazing and overall i'd give it a 6/10

btfo cringe tier reddit fag

I'm not a music patrician, but I didn't like it too much because, especially in comparison to AMSP, it doesn't sound as organic I think.

It has some good songs though, I like Codex and Give Up the Ghost.

well, feral was a bit quirky but things will pick when once staircase and the daily mail are OH FUCK THEY'RE NOT ON THE ALBUM JUST FUCK MY LP UP SENPAI

It's the most non-gloomy Radiohead album and I love it exactly for it. It's their most hopeful, dancey and beautiful. Especially love the rhythmic madness of the first half. The more ballady second half is also good, but imo worse than the first half. Little By Little is lowkey best song, but The Basement version of Bloom is one of the best songs by them.

Separator is fucking good tho.
All in all, I think it's a good album if you're a total Radiohead junkie and can't listen to anything but them, but a little tired of gloom and doom. Not so good for anyone not into them, since you can find better krautrock or hopeful music for sure.

Also I really really can't understand why people love Give Up The Ghost. I love when Thom grabs an acoustic and goes all by himself (I adore I Will), but without harmonies it sounds really empty.

I think it's criminally underrated. I think a lot of people just don't like it because it doesn't hold up to Radiohead's other albums. I still love the album though 7/10

this

Better than AMSP imo.

I didn't like it but it's better than their new one tbqh

They seem to just be scraping the bottom of the barrel of unused songs at this point

It's a middle of the pack album. It's better than HTTT and the pre-Kid A stuff. From Bloom to Lotus Flower is a pretty great run of songs but the rest is pretty shit.

Kid A > OKC > Amnesiac > HTTT > IMBW > IR side 2 > OKC side 2 > the eraser >The Bends > IR > TKoL > Amok > AMSP > PH > TMB

i may have missed something

I may have missed something

he likes ambition that is well executed and thus borne out as good music. he specifically calls TKOL pretentious in that blurb, so you can infer that he finds the ambition, when compared to the end result, to be pretty overshot and thus humorously bad.

I honestly think every Radiohead album has been better than the last

I have a special place in my heart for the dark-jazz stuff in Amnesiac, though

>TKOL
>better than pre-kid a stuff
>better than OKC
>better than the bends
no.png

>What is your opinion on this album?
It's pretty good, I like it.
>How does it compare to the rest of Radiohead's work?
Well between the rest of their catalogue it isn't on top, but it's still very nice.

Nigel > Thom > Johnny > Colin = Phil > Ed

The Bends is generic as fuck.

>this is what millennials actually believe

Just kill me already

OKC and the Bends are two shitty Britpop albums, a shitty genre that no one did well expect maybe the Stone Roses on half of Second Coming

Idk what to think of it, but I honestly think Bloom's one of their top songs really. Something about the hypnotic drum loops grinding against the sweet wall of delayed piano anchored by a bass deeper than the deep web itself that soothes my soul. That melody that comes in at 2:17 really brings the track together though hnnnnngg.

tkol: live from the basement is one of the best things they've ever done

prove me wrong

I understand the hate for it, but I mean I like it

Every track is an 8+/10 except for Codex, which is okay at best

The King of Limbs better than Hail to the Thief? I swear I don't get some people.

A good album in a discography comprising mostly of great albums. The "experimental" tendencies are nice, but overblown by some - it still sounds very much like any given post-Amnesiac album despite the loops and polyrhythms, albeit a hair more angular in nature. Also, the single releases that followed after should've been on the album proper, especially Supercollider and Staircase.