Underrated albums of the 2010's

post all of your favorite underrated albums of this decade.

pic related - i think this is actually a great pop album that was better than foster the people's debut, and definitely did not deserve the negative reception.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dOJpMr6-cqU
youtube.com/watch?v=WQWt17UVPzs
youtube.com/watch?v=qaUOBzNeDD8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I love this album. It got negative reception?

Love this album too. Listen to it regularly.

It was too mature for their fanbase.

yeah a lot of critics didnt like it, but the majority of the fanbase liked it. i for one think that mark foster has some really fucking great lyrics.

fuck em, it's a great follow up album. Will there be a third?

i think there might be this fall. i know theyve been working on music for at least a year and a half.

can't wait, their music is really unique and interesting.

here's my vote.

I felt like their first album was a really good, unique pop album and that this one had a few decent songs but otherwise completely missed the mark

this one's not very popular even though it's a 10/10 album AND on seargen house which is a well respected lable.

agreed

don't lie to yourself.

No one on mu even knows these guys and I don't know why.

lol fuck off these guys were "the new shit" back in 2010
in the end they suck that's why you don't see them anymore

Underrated...Fall Out Boy, Foster the People, Two door cinema club.
Go on youtbe and see how many millions some of the tunes of those bands have.
How the fuck those bands which are more famous than bread are underrated? in what paralel universe you guys live?

Tabloid Super Junkie is such a jam. Most of the songs are great and have super funky vibe.

I think they're good. Sorry I found out about them like a month ago and never heard anything about them prior.

They are good, don't listen to that disillusioned downer. Floating is my favorite by SPP, it's really damn good

no... just no...
probably both b8 but I can't help myself
SR&R was legitimately one of the worst albums I've ever heard. FOB sold out so hard for this one. made me hate FOB.

I really loved the direction Supermodel went in. It was more interesting, experimental, and creative, but track for track, I do think torches gets the edge.

Pic related I find very catchy and enjoyable. Not the most creative stuff, but it's really fun and has a lot of catchy beats and sounds. Critically overlooked and underrated, imo, but it could also be because I got into it years ago and it's just nostalgia

Although I disagree w/ the FOB, I think they mean critically underrated, and underrated by people within Sup Forums, not mainstream popularity.

We are drifting on a sad song was my favorite but lately floating has been growing on me.

>Atlas Genius

gosh, that's some fucking trash right there.

underrated on Sup Forums, you dipshit.

>no... just no...
back2reddit

Same, Foster the People is my guilty pleasure and I really like Torches, but apart from Coming of Age and Best Friend the rest of Supermodel is pretty boring

>critically underrated
see pic
doesnt seem all that low does it
rym/mu is a fucking terrible sample group

New Politics debut album was really good imo, it was short and sweet, would recommend this album. I dont know about their new stuff, havent heard it

Samples
youtube.com/watch?v=dOJpMr6-cqU

youtube.com/watch?v=WQWt17UVPzs

youtube.com/watch?v=qaUOBzNeDD8

Wow another person. This was a pretty good album.

That last track...

This

Fall out boy literally makes the worst music I've ever heard

But to each their own

I dig this album, but I remember it being praised fairly highly...

I will actually agree

It was released in 2002 but Kid Dakota is actually underrated. Their fanbase is so small.

I fucking love this album. And yeah, was surprised it got negative reviews too. I can genuinely say I love every song on it besides "Goats in Trees"

The grew up an hour or so from where I'm from. The second album is also very good. Next year is one of my favourite songs of all time

Eh

Anything by the generationals really

I thought this album was amazing, shame people seemed kind of disappointed by it.

this is anything but mediocre, to be honest. It has songs of all variety: from the adrenaline inducing title track and "Snake Oil" to the chill, nocturnal, very comfy and introspective "Birch Tree" and "Lonely Hunter". Even when Foals' dull tendencies seem to get the better of them, the album is more than enjoyable. Easily a 7.5/10 in my eyes.

I have a choice to see them or Calvin Harris at Hangout Fest on Saturday, which should i choose? foals are great but calvin would be so much fun

If Calvin is doing a set similar to the one he did at Coachella, I'd go with Foals. I love Calvin but the set was underwhelming for the handful of times I've seen him and Foals always put on a great show.

MATURE? MORE LIKE OPPOSITE, GARBAGE POP SHIT.

fuck i love this album but never got into the band, suggest an album?

foals are amazing live, go for them

you're proving her right you fool

Torches is the obvious superior choice here.

THANK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU imnottheonlyoneee

i really enjoyed Baroness' Red album and Blue album

This was my favourite album when it came out, the second album was shite though.

Just bought it man thanks for bringing it up.