Every hipster faggot I know is obsessed with this band...

Every hipster faggot I know is obsessed with this band. Decide to look them up because of all the praise about how they're "Heavy" and "Dark". Listen to a couple of songs and it honestly sounds like mastodon, or like radio friendly "hard rock". What am I missing?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RXm0mOeEnqU
youtube.com/watch?v=muFtXyTZKKY
youtube.com/watch?v=6A-IoOEPbUs
youtube.com/watch?v=6l2FEHr_Yzg
m.youtube.com/watch?v=Gx4BbKBAcrU
youtu.be/qhiZn4Z2HsQ
youtube.com/watch?v=GkNask_pMKo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

that's all there is to it OP

literally never seen them described as dark. it's self aware """occult""" hard rock with a sense of humour.

personally I can't stand the vocalist, so I don't listen to them, but I get the appeal.

also there's nothing wrong with mastodon and they are a much better and more interesting band than ghost

Its just scooby doo chase music, don't worry there's not much to get

except scooby doo chase music is much better.

>hipster fattog
>osbessed w/ Gohst

HAHAHA gratuitous usage of "jipster" what are you, not hip??? hahaha faggot. obviously, no true scotster listens to Alice Cooper anyway, corpsepaint only works in black metal, which is grabge

metal bands without long hair. it's like rappers without gold chains. djs that don't make dance music. jazz covers of rap or rock songs.

But none of these are bad?

You couldn't even explain what you meant because your just spewing a meme

it's possible for all of them except jazz artists that cover rock or rap. that's almost always bad. unless we're talking like elvis or the temptations rock

holy shit ur rite
nice

youtube.com/watch?v=RXm0mOeEnqU

If it sounds like Mastodon then you're a retard.

That's because you're too young to remember King Diamond or Alice Cooper to like that kind of stuff.

when I played the acoustic version of Jiggolo Har Meggido my gf thought that it was R.E.M.
Good times.

>comparing Ghost with Mastodon
kill yourself
youtube.com/watch?v=muFtXyTZKKY

I know, right? Mastodon kinda sucks

Saw their show in louisville, very entertaining. Didn't make me a fan but i can definitely vibe

nothing wrong with a little ghost

people think it's hard because of all the faggy fucking shit on the radio

fucking faggots you're the reason

YOU SHOEGAZE LISTENING TWATS

youtube.com/watch?v=6A-IoOEPbUs

Literally no one I know is into this band. No one. They are so good and I want to spread the love with everyone but no one likes them. Why does everyone have shit taste. Do you know how fucking fun it is to get high as ever loving shit and go to one of their shows? Fuck everyone

>Why does everyone have shit taste
I ask this every time I browse Sup Forums

kill yourself

Oh geez I wonder why hipster fags like them

As a musician, I've been dealing with this kind of crap for years...the attitude is make the show great and then the music itself can be largely overlooked. Not saying that these guys can't play, but the theatrics CLEARLY dominate...

Just like on the DIY underground circuit (if you're a musician)...DUUUDE did you see how wild that lead vocalist was (hitting himself with the mic and throwing beer bottles) or "holy shit they used fire extinguishers during their set, brooooo"...

HOW ABOUT...attaining to Led Zeppelin/Deep Purple/Mahavishnu Orchestra/Bad Brains/Santana/Zappa status and letting the MUSIC speak first...and then go nuts afterwards. Sure, live performance means something...but play first and drop the gimmicks...dude if we all wear white and have lasers...that would BE IT!!! C'mon man...just learn how to play for real...

They are gimmicky but I dig them. Their fanbase (12y o goth girls and obnoxious hipsters, mostly) is cancer tho desu senpai

>be a buncha tards from Bümfück, Sweden
>peddle your shit music in malls for years
>I know, we'll wear masks n shiet
>????
>Deal with Universal, a Grammy, millions of albums sold

Humanity baffles me

>It honestly sounds like Mastodon
You are either deaf or retarded.

Because they're fun, they have a concrete aesthetic, and there music sounds different (at least superficially) than most of the rock on the radio right now. It's got that Sabbath/Cooper vibe, but it's totally self aware about it.

Fun, self-aware band with good melodies and some nice vocal harmonies. Nothing to hate, but nothing to go crazy over either.

>there
Time to kill myself

youtube.com/watch?v=6l2FEHr_Yzg

F U N
U U
N U F

that song about "hearing the thunder" plays at my gym. This band is definitely in the public consciousness.

Their look would be fucking ace on a band that was way darker than they are, the mincy music just grates against their getup.

They write fun songs and do interesting covers. The vocals aren't everyone's cup of tea, but that doesn't really explain the massive amounts of butthurt the band has managed to generate. I dunno, yeah they're theatrical and they've probably been overhyped but most of the criticisms leveled against them don't actually have much to do with the music either.

>the mincy music just grates against their getup.
That's the point homeslice. Their look is a parody of the metal aesthetic

>The vocals aren't everyone's cup of tea,
Which is funny because he's one of the few metal vocalists who doesn't make me cringe

Oh yea I totally get it, but for me it's gone past the point of parody, ya know?

cirice I think it's called.
Liked the first two albums.

Saw an interview with one of them, talking about their gear (guitars specifically), he basically said "a company sent us these guitars, and they looked cool, so now we're using them". So, yeah, can't really take them seriously right now, I think a huge part of the appeal is the whole "a nameless ghoul" thing, where people keep speculating who they actually are, etc.

I'm 95% sure that that was probably a joke

cool aesthetic with fun easy to listen to and enjoy music

Judge for yourself:
m.youtube.com/watch?v=Gx4BbKBAcrU

>a company sent us these guitars, and they looked cool, so now we're using them
What's wrong with that?
If a company sent me cool stuff I would use it.

That's not the point, talking about the looks more than ergonomics and actual sound makes me cringe a bit. Style over substance is not something I'm a huge fan of.

Holy shit kill yourself
>comparing Mastodon to that shit band
Kill yourself

yeah but it's unlikely in an interview that the guy is going to talk about how much he loved the action on the strings or some other shit like that

>muh tone
>muh tech specs
They're a metal band.
Shove a humbucker in a tennis racket and you could play metal with it.

Why not? Why do we need to water that down? It's a specific interview about their gear and their guitars, it would make sense to talk about that.
Ergonomics are still very important, for every professional musician. I'd rather hear someone talk about the neck shape or the string spacing of their guitar than listening to them saying "it's pretty".

Oh I don't think he's joking in a few interviews already he said something to the effect of "I'm not really a tech guy" and those were interviews for nerdy guitar rig websites so I don't think he had any reason to dumb himself down

I don't really think that it's something negative tho it's not like Ghost claim they are the future of music or anything, they just sold out their speed/death metal cred to get laid no harm in that famiglia

They actually remind me of a mix between King Diamond and Blue Oyster Cult

>actually

Well it's something negative for me personally, it doesn't affect the music itself but seeing as they are already very much show/style focused I don't think it's something I want to listen to.

I'm not disagreeing, they are all style and no substance, but I think they're doing it on purpose in order to reach a very specific demographic (ie chicks) All of them are involved in slightly more underground stuff back in Sweden, I think this is just a get the money/poon and run scheme.

But I base all of this from kinda meeting one of them once so I am totally not competent to judge n talking out of my ass desu

Linkin Park > Slipknot

Dont believe the hype user.

That is the Insane Clown Posse you pleb

you gotta be shitting me senpai

That's some conspiracy theory shit right there, but it would make sense that they're hiding their identity then.

Juggalo Har Meggido amirite

>I'll see myself out

Nothing, they're a gimmick band made by a corporation to sell metal to pseudo-hipsters who don't want to listen to metal but wanto say "but i'm cultured thin i listen to metal and rap #breakingboundaries" when in fact they're a runoff doom metal band that has no substance.

Then what would substance be to you? Why even care about who they are/were?

The masks are integral to them being as huge as they are, they never would've made it otherwise.

Subvision and Tid are literally the same thing, and they couldn't fill up a basement while Ghost sells out arenas and festivals and hangs out at Grammys. That means that the music in itself is bland shit but people fall for the le satanic pope n the beelzeboobies schtick. No substance.

Repugnant is pretty cool though, it shows that the singer can do a bit more than whine, and some riffs are pretty tasty.

Really just a pop act fronting as a band.

Even KISS was more authentic.

youtu.be/qhiZn4Z2HsQ

PEOPLE LIKE THINGS I DON'T

I love this song, thanks dude

fuck off mastodon rules

Your dads name is Mastodon? Neat.

the metal version of Black Veil Brides

>What am I missing?
The mentality needed to fall for gimmicks

it's like uncle acid for people who think they know a lot about music and what's "hip" but are actually clueless retards

literally Juggalos

they're a trad(not really)/stoner(not really) band they should be absolute toanwhores with 18 model Ts and vintage Travis Beans

the other bands theyre in fucking blow and sound just like ghost

But they aren't nearly as popular. That's what I was getting at. Nobody wants to see a bunch of chubby balding Swedes perform that mediocre crap, but put them in costumes and you get a monster success

I'm not a huge fan but I don't mind them. They seem fun live and I wouldn't mind seeing more Deep Purple/Blue Oyster Cult/UFO-esque music in the mainstream.

They aren't my favorite band yet their show almost felt like a religious experience. The crowd knew the lyrics and were louder than papa at some moments. They do a fantastic show that was worth the $20.

I would say Papa's voice is a little weak live, but in the studio stuff I have no complains

>tfw I agree with this bait

I kinda like scooby doo chase music

so you just post as he gibs me dat now?

I don't mind them. But when I first saw their pic I thought their music was going to be dark and heavy. Surprised when they sounded like a Blue Oyster Cult cover band.

I think that 90% of the metal genre is redundant and insta boring, but these guys sound like they are not even trying. They are the most uninspired band I've cheked out in a long time.

Agreed.

Did they drop the B.C. from their name? I thought it made their name a little less generic sounding.

> sounds like Mastodon

No it fucking doesn't.

>scooby doo chase music

thanks for reminding me of this awesome song:
youtube.com/watch?v=GkNask_pMKo

It was just for copyright reasons, now they settled it in court. BC literally meant "because copyright"

this - They're not even comparable

i think they sound like mastodon

both complete buttrock

A common misconception with Ghost is that people see them and assume they're gonna be brutal and hardcore and are disappointed when they're more like pop music meets Blue Oyster Cult. I wouldn't say they're typically heavy, although if you listen to Opus Eponymous you might see what some people mean when they use that term. Never really understood the gripes about the vocalist either. What Tobias is trying to do makes sense. Would you ever see the Pope screaming or headbanging? No. What he does with his vocals and stage presence is try to be elegant and graceful. I for one love them and think they are phenomenal live (saw them twice this year). Can't say meeting them was that fun though.
Subvision are pretty good to be honest.

It was something to do with copyright in the US. They always said the B.C. was silent and that they would drop it asap. They did.

try hell on earth

I thought that when I watched videos of them live, but when I actually saw them holy shit was he powerful. Especially during Year Zero.

>slipknot lite

Subvision are okay, I do think they're better than MCC or Tid but still

>Can't say meeting them was that fun though.

Haha mah nigger. Was Martin acting like a supreme sperglord during your meet n greet too?

AYYY I'm not alone! I tried shaking his hand and he told me to fuck off and that he wanted to just go and see his girlfriend before blowing me a sarcastic kiss with a shit eating grin on his face. I felt really disappointed because before that he came out for a fag backstage and we glanced at each other and smiled and I thought I was in for a good chat, plus he was my favourite member. Never meet your heroes.

Also, agreed MCC Goodmorning Restrained is a fucking GOAT album.

I got to meet them after a show and didn't have any trouble. They all came out and signed my copy of Infestissumam. Sorry to hear they were dicks when you guys saw them though

He has a gf with him on tour? Cause he was loudly commenting on the quality of pussy brought backstage when I saw them. Ayyy lmao for a dude who looks like he does he is surprisingly Chad-ish. The rest of the guys were cool though haha

Fuck I'm jealous. Me and my mates waited over an hour. Martin came out and blew everyone off before storming off across the street and the small blonde drummer came out to help the roadies but this girl asked him who he was and I don't think he liked that because he just walked back inside and didn't come out again. We waited longer for Tobias and Simon but no show.

back to
www.ultimate-guitar.com

Really? He loudly commented that he was fed up with meet and greets and shit and that he wanted to go back to wherever they were staying and be with his gf. Here's to hoping he's not a cheat as well.

They're just style over substance the band, there's not much more to it but that's not a bad thing in my opinion, they have a good image and a fun sound and I don't really need much more from them.

Their live shows are fucking incredible, at least the one I went to was, not only do they put on a great show but they usually gather really good crowds and a lot of people have said this but it does feel like a religious experience of sorts, the crowd gets really into it.