According to AcclaimedMusic, these are the 100 most acclaimed albums of all time

According to AcclaimedMusic, these are the 100 most acclaimed albums of all time.

How many of these have you listened to?

Other urls found in this thread:

acclaimedmusic.net/Current/1948-02a.htm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

...dad?

acclaimedmusic.net/Current/1948-02a.htm

>U2 twice
>Oasis
>Primal Scream
>Arcade Fire
>AC/DC
proof critics have no taste

What's wrong with Primal Scream? Screamadelica is a fun album

britpop is SHIT plus that album sounds dated and cheesy as fuck

Exactly zero.

There are albums which I've listened to dozens of times and songs I've listened to hundreds of times (and longer than three minutes, too), they just aren't those on OP's list.

93/100 but quite a few of them shouldn't be up there.
I mean... the list isn't that great but if you haven't listened to any of these albums you seriously haven't listened to a lot of music unless you're an extreme hipster/contrarian.

Which are the seven you haven't given a chance though?

>but quite a few of them shouldn't be up there.
such as?

>given a chance

I don't understand the bias that dictates that you should give a chance to music to be heard, but not give *yourself* a chance to spare yourself a painful listening to music belonging to a genre that experience shows is awful.

You forgot
>Springsteen
>Guns & Roses
>Kanye
>Radiohead x4
>Rolling Stones x3
and actually pretty much everything else on there.

>if you haven't listened to any of these albums

I'm not very interested in listening to music that either has been evolutionarily obsoleted by more developed forms, or deliberately wasn't intended as an evolution in the first place (i.e. was some 'clever' Cage-tier abuse of the definition of music). I'm interested in the end products -- there's already enough of them for a lifetime.

>hating springstreen

come on man

bruce springsteen is a talentless hack and i hope he dies tomorrow just so all of his shitty fans like yourself cry like the fucking babies you are

(Which is not to say I'm not going to listen to anything on the list -- I must look into that 'TMR' thing finally, and just yesterday, I heard a song from that Talking Heads album, which sounded promisingly similar to KC's 'Discipline'.)

a bit odd that Disintegration isn't on there

This is a sensible way of looking at it in my opinion. However, it often happens that the earliest examples of musical forms are among the best.

>>Radiohead x4
We all agree that The Bends shouldn't be on there, but the other three deserve their spot

Fair enough. I'm not completely dismissing the hypothesis that some decades were more creative than others (I love three records from the late '60s so far).

30, 41, 52, 63, 77, 79, 90. Some of them are on my list to hear but I haven't gotten to them yet.
Don't want to start a shitshow.
That's alright, but you should still condsider giving a good amount of them a listen or at least be familiar with what they are. Otherwise it's like avoiding history because they really are extremely important to music today.

>Don't want to start a shitshow.
No please do.

>three records
There are a whole horde of phenomenal releases from '65-'69. There's certainly a much wider variety of music produced nowadays, and many of the best figures in the history of popular/experimental music are producing material today, but the actual ratio of great music to shit music definitely peaked between '67 and '73.

Well do you want to hear which ones deserve to be up there or which ones aren't that critically acclaimed (because Jeff Buckley got shat on when he released Grace).

both

Well, you can recommend me some. Beside 'Court', I like 'The USoA' and 'Valentyne Suite'.

So what do you like, prog, psych and jazz fusion? Anything else?

Actually now I think of it, those might *be* my favourite genres. Mostly prog, yes. For a bit of modern context, I'm getting into math-rock, but have been liking a number of zeuhl(ish) records for some reason.

>a number of zeuhl(ish) records for some reason

(Namely, French 'Rahmann' and 'Xaal', and Tatsuya Yoshida's stuff, except it's easy for me to dislike vocals in music.)

Xaal aren't really zeuhl though

To be honest with you ma familia; if you haven't listened to most of these albums you shouldn't be posting here as you're using music as an accesory and not to expand your horizon. Nearly all of these albums are on the "intro to Sup Forumssic" list made six years ago that was made to allow people to gateway into music through the entry level. If you can't understand the entry level you won't understand anything deeper apart from superficially which is why we have so many KTT, ledditors, tumblwhores, fagbook and general memers here now as they don't care about music just about fitting in to what everyone around them likes whilst pretending that it's obscure (which is funny as 99.99% of neo-neo-Sup Forums listens to pop music).

1. Imo: Stones (always were better live), Dylan (lyrics were his strongest attribute), U2, Costello (too blown up), Waits (same as Costello), Low (wasn't even Bowie's third-best record), Oasis and The Bends (are a bit dated), Layla (is so deep in dadrock to me that I personally can't stand it), Imagine (had one good song), hate me yet?
2. I honestly don't know that much about critical consensus but Led Zeppelin was deemed terribly by Rolling Stone so I know some people are lying in order to be considered "cool" by agreeing with the masses.

32, plus 10 I've been meaning to listen to but haven't

Nevermind, Velvet Underground and Nico, Sgt, Pepper, London Calling, OK Computer, Highway 61, Sex Pistols, Ziggy Stardust, Queen is Dead, Doors, Led Zeppelin 4, Remain in Light, Who's Next, Doolittle, Automatic for the People, Sticky Fingers, Odelay, Rumours, Loveless, Daydream Nation, Trout Mask Replica, Hunky Dory, Murmur, Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, Led Zeppelin II, Transformer, Psychocandy, The Bends, In Rainbows, Raw Power, Surfer Rosa.