What happened to Hardcore?

Went to see Bane at The Gorilla in Manchester. Main support was Code Orange.

I was thinking "oh these guys are a bit doomy for my taste but I the bass sound on that album Kurt Ballou did"

2 songs in I'm witnessing the most elaborate light and smoke show I've ever seen at a venue this size, fat kids in baseball caps and spinkicking, the bass player is spinkicking... turn around and the sound engineer is spinkicking.

The whole set is just one big breakdown, the pit looks choreographed, then Bane came on and everyone left.

To Bane's credit, the first thing they did was say "please turn off the fuming strobe lights and smoke machine" and you could see Code Orange side of stage clapping like "yeah right on".

I think Hardcore has lost its self awareness.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/peFZKe9j-AM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>complaining about big guys at a Bane show

uh its been like that since like 2002 OP

Not sure was wondering the same thing.

youtu.be/peFZKe9j-AM

I saw Bane live before when I was working security for a venue. Shit was so god damn cheesy. Hardcore is one of the lamest genres of music ever. It's just metal without good musicians.

Couldn't count the number of times I've had shows ruined for me because of cunts swinging their limbs around just to feed their own egos. I want to be able to see the band up in front of me without running the risk of copping a fist or foot to the head.

The thing is Bane as a band I quite like, it's the fucking scene that pisses me off.

Oh and Code Orange are great except they haven't got any good songs.

I like Japanese hardcore but that genre is never coming back

Tough guy posturing mixed with #swag irony killed hardcore.

Fetch by Melt Banana was pretty good...

;_;

dunno , I liked Sick of it all

Biohazard were pretty big

then there was the straight edge scene

I've got a Sick of it All tattoo. Everything from Straight Ahead to Death to Tyrants was just great

>Straight Ahead

I meant Built to Last

>hardcore
there's your problem my man

Don't go to entry level hardcore shows.
Darker European bm/crust/emo influenced hardcore doesn't have the karate audience

stultifyingly embarrassing thread

this happened

>goes to brocore show
>complains about broshit happening

even if a band like this is good and they're trying to avoid it this is what their shows will be like. Good serious hardcore is and always has been the punks in "scary" all black skinny clothes or combat fatigues. "mysterious guy hardcore" is best hardcore. "jordans and basketball shorts" shit sucks.

basically these kinds of kids got into real hardcore and it got even worse

"jock metal" hardcore has always been bad, hardcore that still sounds like punk music is great.

this is what I've been trying to say with The shit that's made by people who actually like music and that takes itself seriously as art is really fuckin good. the shit made by dumb guys in jordans blows pipe.

as someone who used to play hardcore shows, it's seriously the worst genre ever. It's boring, uninspired and cheesy and the fan base is incredibly shit.

I thought it was fucking awesome

"Hardcore" is such a broad genre. One side of the spectrum is meathead shit like Terror and Hatebreed trying to stay "true". The other side of the genre is full of bands who aren't afraid to experiment or explore musical boundaries

>Went to see Bane
>I saw Bane live
>Bane

I don't... what?