NOTM is their worst album plagued by filler content such as nonsensical lyrics and annoying bork samples spammed to...

NOTM is their worst album plagued by filler content such as nonsensical lyrics and annoying bork samples spammed to hell. The lyrical content is solely based on the whole idea of being abstract and special snowtwink but all it does is become a cheap gimmick for lazy song writing. because of how every verse is supposed to be interpreted as anything it feels like nothing and become off kelter at times especially in the over repetitive refrains, choruses, bridge which are usually just song titles repeated 32x. Notm sounds the weakest instrumentally out of all of their albums while vdrumming samples might be technical it really does nothing different besides make some of the most overwhelmingly annoying ass bork banter that just get repetitive as its stretched out and used in every song it also sounds like Andy had the least amount of work on this album instrumentally in their whole discography. If you want to listen to a solid glitchhop album from them that does a significant job at presenting an experimental sound then listen to Government Plates again and again and again otherwise skip this filler arc.

WEAK
B8
M8

The Bjork samples are literally what make this album great as it is.

stale pasta

Do you understand that the same fucking instrumental with BORK BORK BORK in every track does nothing innovative or new at all it gets fucking annoying and pointless to the point where even the use of vdrumming becomes less impressive honestly fuck this album it is seriously their fucking worst and liking ANY dg album does not make you contrarion

you sound peeved m8

You're a fucking pleb you and all the notmfags honestly I bet your second favorite band is swans fuck you seriously

>projecting this hard
you need to take a few deep breaths lol

>The lyrical content is solely based on the whole idea of being abstract
This is sort of true
> a cheap gimmick for lazy song writing
It could be, but I don't think it is. For one, NOTM has a super distinct 'atmosphere' that separates it from the rest (as good as the other albums are). I think the Bjork samples work fantastically because it contributes to the theme of alienation - like they made a collaborative album without ever having to be in the same room as Bjork - reminds me of isolation. Jenny Death is 20 minutes longer and reeks of writer's block, not sure why NOTM rubs you the wrong way.

Wow you're like actually upset. Go take some B12 and chill my dude.

It's slightly comforting as a Death Grips fan knowing that its haters are far worse than the fan base, even with how bad the fan base can be at times.

Keep posting this every day, you're a petty loser and I'll only feel more sorry for you every time I see this pasta pop up.

are you really this mad you dont get the album? just move on, it's not for you. you don't have to convince everyone that does get this album that it's shit so you dont feel like a massive fucking pleb

>lol
kys my man seriously fuck dg altogether bp wasn't even that good and it was a lot more derivative than when their last albums came out like exmil and nldw honestly I'm getting fucking tired of this band now because of how the majority of the fanbase are such fucking plebs that think they're in some kind of buttfuck secret treehouse club for listening to sony sellouts the band

>not getting that it's death grips restricting themselves to one sound for an entire album and STILL making it sound good.

lol

>implying there's anything wrong with enjoying Swans
I bet you go on and on about "posers" too.

>be me reading this thread
>walking to go see a movie in my home city of Sacramento, California
>notice man in hoodie with dark skin walking in front of me
>we walk for a few minutes, he's about 20 paces ahead
>all of a sudden he stops dead in his tracks
>as I pass him, he turns his head to ne and is sporting a grin like the joker's
>mfw it's Stefan "MC Ride" Burnett, the lead singer of Death Grips
>I stop walking, dumbfounded at the coincidence, and just stare at him
>He stares back and slowly starts reaching his hand out toward my phone
>He grabs it and brings it about an inch away from his face, scrolling through the thread
>Keeps chuckling to himself and muttering, "sounds about right senpai"
>I start to feel uncomfortable and ask for my phone back
>He laughs again, turns to me and asks, "You wanna hear a new track we just finished?"
>I cautiously say yes
>He hands me my phone back. As I reach to grab it he catches me by the wrists and forces me down to the ground
>Stefan starts to violently fart in my face, holding me under him so I can't move
>Smells worse than death, like I've fallen into a pit filled with a 1000 corpses
>I see his pants turning brown, then black, then red as a viscous, bloody substance starts leaking into my face
>All the while MC Ride is screaming, "I don't need your HELP" over and over again
>Suddenly I hear gunshots and his grip on me loosens
>I run away into the arms of a police officer who saw what was happening and shot Ride
>Ride crumples to the ground
>An ambulance arrives, and the paramedics pronounce him dead
>Ask me if I know who he is, and I tell them it's Stefan from Death Grips
>The paramedics shake their head and say that can't be
>I take a look at the body and notice it looks like a plain old homeless guy, with no resemblance to MC Ride
>Across the street, I notice a man walking in a hoodie
>He stops and tips his head toward me
>it's MC Ride
>he then shouts "wait up guys" and joins 2 white fuses walking ahead of him

You're a fucking faggot they already did that in nldw which was their originally intended sound and an actual meaningful album

Oh fuck yeah dude please state some more about how you're gonna feel sorry for me in anonymous forums for mongolian sock puppet shows deep down you're probably the most insecure little faggot in this thread
>you're a petty loser
IM A
PETTY LOSER
IM A
DOUBLE ALBUM FILLER

I just got in this thread and I have to say this post gave me a hearty kek
I know you aren't being serious, but if you are god help us all

wtf did i just read

>JD reeks of writers block
>what is all of big dipper
>what is multiple repetitive refrains with just song titles stated 32 times PER refrain
>Oooh AhhhHHhh my Bony xD just randomly appears pointlessly in an already cheaply made bridge
>bork samples in every song is necessary cus muh isolation reddit theory xD

this is so obvious that I'd normally say you didn't even try, but I honestly think you're trying too hard
seriously, go have a glass of water before you have an aneurysm or a heat stroke or something

i think it's pretty good

Government Plates is objectively their worst album.

It is stylistically nearly identical to NLDW, aside from having more minimal production and not a single interesting song. Shit, even the track "This Is Violence" is painfully boring.

Government Plates is the EDM-ified NLDW, directly marketed to white underage edgelords.

2/10

I agree, album sucks.

*2/10 post

Yeah, haha, I got it the first time.

nuh uh

objective ranking coming through

powers(jd>notm)>plates>love>store>ex

still deciding where to put bp

close
NotM > GP > JD > BP > TMS > NLDW > ExMil

It creates a consistently recurring signal across the entire album. One of the only interesting things Death Grips have ever done.

You obviously are artistically illiterate and know nothing about semiotics. This was their best work at the time of release.

bretty good taste amigo

>bork

So I think we all agree that OP is a moron, at least.

Also NOTM is great and a contender for their best.

go kill urselfs

already did fampai
still have the best taste tho

Never going to hear Bootleg the same way again....