Suddenly, Sup Forums hates Henry Rollins now

>Suddenly, Sup Forums hates Henry Rollins now

What happens?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8HGb7yo4SFM
rollins-archive.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

He is an insecure SJW nu-male cuck faggot who insulted our lord and savior of the white race, Donald Trump

He was an uninformed dick who talks authoritatively on issues he knows jack about.

He cool though

>he's a trump guy
>he's an any candidate guy

Sup Forums gets triggered by anything

youtube.com/watch?v=8HGb7yo4SFM
Let's start some discussion

He expressed an opinion

me in the back

Greg Ginn has always been the real talent.

>inb4 someone mentions What The

He's a tryhard fag and he has shit taste. And he criticizes electronic music when he has no clue what he's talking about.

He reminds me a lot of myself. Intelligent, nihilistic, and with a wicked sense of humor.

Isn't he like 5'6" or something lmao

I bet he's a pussy.

this

>suddenly

to be fair, he criticized electronic music when it was shit

when was that

Sup Forums has lots of teenage fans of DJ FUCKHEAD

i honestly respect Rollins a lot. Of course he's edgy but that's what makes him likeable imo. He seems pretty down to earth.

of course this is embarassing but this was just him trying to be le hardcore punk asshole. he was just playing a role
kudos to that kid though, he handled it pretty cool

He did some cool music in the past, but he's kind of an asshole. His rants against dance/electronic music are old grandpa-level.

2006?

His standup comedy is not funny at all.

Care to explain?

I don't hate him.

He seems like a pretty cool guy and someone that I would get along with, regardless of the opinions that I hold politically.

Opinionated, yes, but when he's wrong he admits it.

Other than his shallow views on electronic music, he seems a pretty cool guy.

In 2000, at least thats the year the youtube clip of his talk was filmed

This

He's pretty cool and has a very admirable work ethic

He has a secret podcast series with one of his few female friends and they're cute af in them

He also has a channel on vimeo where the same friend is playful with him and they act like they're 15. Its pretty cool

Henry Rollins is great imo. Not only is he like, 50, and still fucking ripped, but also quite edgy and inspiring.

Besides the politics, this. I also like His acting, he's a solid 7/10.

>I WAS THERE

That's basically been his career after music.

His weekly radio show has great playlists too. His music taste is pretty good and he really likes Ty Segall, from what I've gathered

You're forgetting Chris Ott

>2006
>electronic music was shit

>Kid A had been released
>Homogenic had been released
>Discovery had been released
>Endtroducing... had been released

huh

>>Kid A had been released
In 2000

>>Homogenic had been released
In 97 I think.

>>Discovery had been released
That sucks anyway.

>>Endtroducing... had been released
In 1996

I love electronic music but you're not proving your point very well with those shitty albums.

Not to mention none of them are anwhere near 2006.

I've always hated Henry Rollins.

Talentless coattail riding douchebag.

He doesn't do standup comedy. He just goes out and tells stories. Sure you could say he just sucks at getting a laugh but he isn't even remotely going for laughs at least half the time.

Guy has a bad reputation for a lot of people unfortunately. I think he's gotten more and more tolerable as a person as time goes on though. His "stand up" or whatever it is called is really enjoyable. Guy can tell a good story and makes some nice points. He's not really classically funny but he's entertaining nonetheless. Also he was smart enough to give up on the music stuff before he got too old.

I would understand this position if he didn't openly admit to being any and all of those things.

>Talentless coattail riding douchebag.
If he was talentless he wouldn't be getting gigs where he goes out and entertains crowds of people by just talking for 2 hours.

As for coattail riding how do you figure? He was in a notable band and continued to have success outside of it for the following 20 years or so. In fact I'd say he had more mainstream success outside of Black Flag.

Besides it's not like he would deny his solo career was possible without having been in Black Flag. But what is so inherently wrong about trying to continue doing something after what you're initially known for ends?

If I was fortunate enough to play guitar for some band that ended up becoming HUGE for 5 years but then everyone else decided it was shit and the band broke up I would sure as fuck try and start a new project.

He's a jerk and a SJW; lots of punks are, but Rollins doesn't have a sense of humor about it. He should aspire to be more like Johnny Rotten, Danzig or Penny Rimbaud from Crass.. though, they're way different politically.
There's also the "Keith Morris is the better singer" meme, but the Nervous Breakdown EP (which is less than 5 minutes long) is the only good thing he released with them.

Sup Forums will take the piss out of anyone who doesn't have a sense of humor.

Watch him talk about any current event or issue. He knows jack shit about what he's talking about. Literally any one of them. Just choose. I can't explain further.

Even when he reaches the same conclusion I have and I agree with him, he still reached that conclusion incorrectly.

Not him, but holy shit, the level of terrible reading comprehension across Sup Forums is disgusting.

Keywords here: HAD BEEN

Oh please

Yeah, can't criticize Black Flag but his solo work, from what I remember, was nothing special. And him being a rather immature, arrogant ass doesn't help things. He's old and has probably been through a lot though, so I don't give him too much flack.

Ginn was the worst part of Black Flag

That's not the type of music he's talking about. He was referring to people with turntables that play other people's music and just scratch, loop, or whatever the fuck.

>He should aspire to be more like Johnny Rotten, Danzig or Penny Rimbaud
>Danzig
Danzig is a prick with absolutely no sense of humor

Shut up, it's not like Sup Forums can even grasp what he's saying, I mean even Rollins likes stuff like noise.

He's an emotionless husk of a person.

He's an asshole in like every interview he's ever done.

He makes it a point to be into as many obscure bands as possible just to show off how varied and distinctive his music taste is.

If stereotypical Sup Forums took human form, it would look like Henry Rollins.

first time hearing that
He's definitely aggressive, but I always just saw him as an otherwise softspoken horror fanatic who had a penchant for campiness and vulgarity.

I think he's a coll guy, would hang out w/
never liked his music though, he was funny on The Eric Andre Show

>He was referring to people with turntables that play other people's music and just scratch, loop or whatever the fuck

>Endtroducing... fits this description

presumptous as fuck and hostile towards everything

I think he may actually have autism.

The best music show on air currently, hands down. All the episodes from the whole 12 year runtime are on this site:

rollins-archive.com/

FROZEN YOGURT

Yeah the one guy who noticed I said "had been" is right you retards. I was talking about the cumulative state of electronic music. I intentionally chose albums before 2006 because i didn't want some herp derp busting my balls about how this or that album was released after Rollins' comments

In any case, Donuts was released in 2006 and is pretty much the perfect refutation to the claim that DJing isn't an art

I don't really get this whole "He's an SJW" thing.

Sure, he's voiced some opinions about women's rights and other social issues, but this man has been around the world. His whole context on what"social justice" is, is probably very different from what you or I recognize it to be (e.g. "the third wave").

As far as him being an asshole goes, I can see it in some interviews. But in recent years he's really come off as nothing but courteous and humble - though a little repetitive with his stories.

SJW, for me, describes a person's attitude/actions rather than his beliefs. I'm fine with his beliefs, but I'm not fine with him being a cunt about them.

>I can see it in some interviews. But in recent years he's really come off as nothing but courteous and humble
This. The best way to see how much he's gotten better is to watch his two Nardwuar interviews. In the first one he's a dickhead who thinks he's too cool to be interviewed by such a weird guy and in the second one he's not only having more fun but he apologizes for his past behavior.

And yeah the SJW thing doesn't make sense at all. Obviously the third wave feminism and overly PC culture today is bullshit but Rollins doesn't fall into anything like that. He just seems to have the rational beliefs and opinions most people have. Not the ridiculously left leaning SJW beliefs that total nutjobs have.

>NOT LEFT, NOT RIGHT, FORWARD
>turn out to be special snowflake leftist scum

Yeah I totally get that, but I still find his sincerity to be quite endearing. Too many musicians/artists are too fucking caustic and overly ironic in today's internet-permeated world.

>Donuts was released in 2006 and is pretty much the perfect refutation to the claim that DJing

j dilla wasn't a dj. djing and sampling are two different things

>j dilla
>j d
>d j

uuuuh

you're a retard

he's always had his fair share of detractors, what really has affected his fan base in the last few years was the opinion piece he wrote about robin williams that was published like a day or two after williams' death, i don't even remember what it said but it wasn't positive. i think he was forced to take down the article and publish an apology on the online paper he writes for.

>Henry Rollins
he has a monthly slot of NTS. Which is none for left field electronic music. I think he hates electronic music.

Hank thought he was Sup Forumss friend
but Sup Forums's one of them!

>He was an uninformed dick who talks authoritatively on issues he knows jack about.
Sound like most Americans, so he is okay.

he's annoying as fuck and an asshole. he has no talent

and fuck that nardwuar interview where he gets pissed for no reason. as if it isn't obvious that nardwuar plays a character. just fucking go along with it you prick, nobody cares about your "cynicism"

>he's annoying as fuck
>and an asshole
>he has no talent
>and fuck that nardwuar interview
>just fucking go along with it you prick

>>>>nobody cares about your "cynicism"

KYS

don't frighten the horses look, what the fuck

Henry Rollins did nothing wrong!

He has always been an asshole, he has no redeeming qualities, egotistical to the point he is willing to let his friends take bullets for his misdeeds.

>egotistical to the point he is willing to let his friends take bullets for his misdeeds.
edgy

why don't you just quote the entire post idiot

how is it cynical to call out someone's bullshit cynicism?