BBNG IV

How did you guys like it?

post link user?

BBNG listeners, tell me what you think of the following artists or be outed as a pleb:

>Vijay Iyer
>Steve Lehman
>Maria Schneider
>Dave Holland
>Tigran Hamaysaan

it was pretty nice yeah, one of their better releases

why are you having an autistic fit about obscure jazz names in a hip hop thread?

>obscure jazz names
>obscure jazz
>obscure
>those names are obscure
>he thinks those names are obscure
>BBNG fans think those names are obscure

your average obscure jazz artist, everyone

Probably my favorite rec of theirs yet. It's been cool to see them progress so far since the cover days

oh, artist? i meant to say autist, my bad

oh boy dubs tell the truth here. BBNG fans, those are straight up mentioned on NPR music. it would require you literally going to the first place any American pleb goes when they think of jazz to read those names and get your feet wet with contemporary jazz. but instead you just spam your fucking meme band that has "jazz vibes," drool over Fantano videos, and fuck up the board talking about Amnesiac's "dark jazz qualities"

because BBNG fans are not generally fans of jazz, so naturally they wouldn't know the genre. They also don't know much Tibetan folk

I only know Dave Holland and Maria Schneider

>>Vijay Iyer
Vijay Iyer is an American jazz pianist, composer, bandleader, producer, electronic musician, and writer based in New York City
>>Steve Lehman
Steve Lehman is a composer and saxophonist in the genres of jazz and experimental music. His compositions have been performed by a number of international performers and orchestras
>>Maria Schneider
Marie Christine Schneider, better known as Maria Schneider, was a French actress. She became known, at the age of 19, for playing Jeanne opposite Marlon Brando in Bernardo Bertolucci's film Last Tango
>>Dave Holland
Dave Holland is an English jazz double bassist, composer and bandleader who has been performing and recording for five decades. He has lived in the United States for over 40 years. His work ranges from pieces for solo performance to big band.
>>Tigran Hamaysaan
Tigran Hamasyan is an Armenian jazz pianist. He plays mostly original compositions, which are strongly influenced by the Armenian folk tradition, often using its scales and modalities

>BBNG fans claim to be obsessed with this band
>use it as a sign of knowledge about jazz alongside Bitches Brew and other rockist garbage jazz albums
>get called out
>well dude i don't like jazz lol

I'm not American.

Not good enough.
>tell me what you think of the following artists

>be outed as a pleb
>first name is Vijay Iyer

lmao

Never said I was patrician with Jazz

>tell me what you think
>i think that Wikipedia told me that this person is ____

>use it as a sign of knowledge about jazz
this has never happened
BBNG is a hip hop group

their dull lifeless covers represented the music much better than this goofy one, or are they turning into the mac demarco of jazz now?

>this has never happened
Fantano.

>using schoolthony shootano as a source
and I'm supposed to be the pleb here

>doesn't understand citing someone as a source and naming them as an example of something bad

i understand it's summer and that BBNG fans are generally around 15 years old, but your SATs are gonna go pretty badly if your reading comprehension is THIS bad!

projecting

did this album leak already?

>their dull lifeless covers represented the music much better than this goofy one

lel spot on

I don't care if Fantano thinks BBNG is his insight into modern jazz

the point is I don't, and it's me who you're getting jazz-tistic on for liking a hip hop group

Jazz is full of elitist pricks like you who discourage people trying to get into it.

You are the reason that jazz is dying. Cunt.

>You are the reason that jazz is dying.
>jazz
>dying
Jazz is in better straits than classical music really, has a much stronger stream of new talent.

why do white menhave such huge hips?

oestrogen in the water supply

yeah i like all kinds of contemporary jazz: BBNG, the list goes on...

that would be people like you who get into a band like BBNG, claim to love jazz, and then never actually look into the genre at all

or

I like jazz and BBNG
BBNG is a hip hop group
kys

Nah jazz fans/players are generally cool, it's the "I like modern jazz, BBNG, Kasami Washington, the list goes on..." crowd like yourself that is cancer

>it's a "Sup Forums is shitting on a pop jazz band when they can't even play an instrument" thread

who are these people???????? i don't listen to jazz sorry

>calling contemporary jazz "modern jazz"
>thinks he isn't a plen
hahaha lmao

that phrase is bounded by quotation marks you illiterate

On the first track. Sounds very ~~vaporwavy~~.

>"i like modern jazz" -myself
(you)

On the second one. Sounds very marcdemarco.

>likes jazz
>this defensive about people "gatekeeping" by posting NPR-core jazz artists

something isn't adding up here

I don't know what NPR is or what music they would have but I trust the memes are really heating up right now

i keep giving badbadnotgood ideas