Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fAMz5VlaUic
growhouse.bandcamp.com
soundcloud.com/tangiblerays
youtube.com/watch?v=s77H27p9VgY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

we need him back

We don't

I love rock and its best but it's clearly past its creative and commercial prime, and hip hop and edm have taken over the pop-listening culture so much that the youth consuming the records don't relate to rock anymore. It's not going to happen and it shouldn't.

You can't

bump

cmon guys we gotta save rock

You have to kill Courtney Love to break the magical seal around the crystal ball that she trapped its soul in. Then you have to smash that crystal ball and all will be right again.

Kids these days are too confident we need to make them as anxiety as they were in the 90s

Rock will probably live on in sub-genres, that i believe are still fresh and interesting, noise, shoe-gaze, psych, garage (not for much longer tbqh) are all still good and creative IMO. Hard Rock though, is dead. In the mainstream, Hip-Hop is rock, its a long road to acceptance, but i think you will make it, OP.

Support the underground, that easy

with the internet, there is no such thing as 'underground' anymore.

Everything comes in cycles, it will have its time again, but the thing is rock has always been and will continue to be more interesting in the underground than it ever will in the mainstream, and that's ok. Rock is far from dead, if anything the fans of modern Rock are truer than ever, it's nice to see a genre where people appreciate it when they are the ones who have to look for it.

And that's the great thing about it, music is in a really exciting place right now. 10 or 15 years down the line and it will be all choice, music being spoonfed to the public will continually decrease and a new phase based on live performance and fan devotion rather than hits will emerge. And I think especially for rock that's exciting. Genres will keep blurring until every artist is a niche and that's gonna be quite the time to be alive.

Another thread filled with endless speculation from no-talent idiots of how we are to "save rock" when none of the people in this thread are even capable of picking up the mantle and making actual, decent music.

Buy your records and shut up.

Hope she forms a band I guess.

Reminder that she married her dad.

youtube.com/watch?v=fAMz5VlaUic

this is just about the cutest and handsomest Kurk Obane pic I've ever seen. He doesn't look dirty, depressed, or manchild at all. Hm. Hng.

>you have to have talent to critique something
>buying music
Stop this.

Put up or shut up.

it's not bad, they remind me of Silverchair, sounds a bit like you know you're right at some points, but yeah she obviously has daddy issues.

>but yeah she obviously has daddy issues.
So does every girl, to a degree.

The heroes we need are here /mew/

Holy shit, he does look a lot like Kurt at some points. This just makes me sad. Most girls who feel abandoned by their dads tend to go for dudes who look like them because they want that father figure in their life.

exciting for the fans, not much so for the musicians themselves

Rock is dead as far as commercial success goes. Rock is now a rotting corpse that goes on Nostalgia concert tours and the newer bands just hire some cute girl to do keyboard and sing background vocal.

>Making actual decent music

I'm trying. What have you done?

Tangible Rays

>Psych Gaze

growhouse.bandcamp.com

soundcloud.com/tangiblerays
(Grow House LP posted in its entirety for free)

Seance LP out in June.

you have to be at least 18 to post here

Oh god your band sucks and doesn't have original ideas.

Where's your band?

>being a rockist in the year of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, 2016

Meme-ing this hard

Why not? Just because superstardom is out of reach or harder now?

>implying rock needs saving

quit listening to emasculated indie shit and listen to extreme metal

metal killed the genre by pulling much of the "masculine" appeal that rock once had

Compensating this hard

nu-male detected

People are already working on bringing back 1990s grunge

youtube.com/watch?v=s77H27p9VgY

Better than a fedora wearing edgelord metalkid

>if someone doesn't like cancerous trap rap or boring indie rock they must be a fedora edgelord

lol kys my man

guise stahp fightin ur makin jesus sad :(

Bump