Why is this such an underappreciated album

Why is this such an underappreciated album
It was produced well and the lyrics were technical and written nicely and he had some nice vocals too especially on urn
Can someone give me a non biased analysis on why this album is so bad?

For fuck sakes Sup Forums

Can you faggots have at least ONE fucking decent thread that's not memeing bullshit?

>the lyrics were technical and written nicely
nothing by childish gambino is technical or written nicely

>if I'm a faggot spell it right I got way more than two g's

It's good but there's far better hip hop that gives me what this tries to give me

there's just ultimately no reason to listen to it
it's quality but it's not original and I could just listen to someone else

damn..

lol this cover looks like that picture of michael jordan crying

it's really not possible

>produced well
somewhat

Hit or miss I think. The trap stuff won't age well.

>Written nicely

Fucking NO. You know how you hear people say "meme rap". This actual, LITERAL meme rap. Not the informal literally that everyone uses now, actually LITERALLY memes in the rap. Besides the now dated memes, and references to instagram and twitter

You get genius lines such as
>Showin' off her ass, that's a net twerk
>Can I have some? #NiggasBeLike

Cringe

Lyrics aside, gambino has a horrible rap voice and delivery.

there's nothing WRONG with being nerdy, contrary to what gambino fans imply I'm saying. I'm just saying he's awful for most of the other factors first. Arguably one of the worst lyricists in rap in recent years next to forgettable trap artists. Just endless amounts of cringeworthy lines.

Songs like shadows show Gambino's capability as a real artist. Great beat, great vocal performance, no cringe to be found (besides maybe some slight lyrical hiccups)

I'll admit worldstar is probably the weakest track in the album but you're just projecting especially when you're just basing the whole album on one or two buzzwords in a song titled worldstar

>projecting

What the fuck are you on about?

I've listened to the whole album at least twice and I was left with the same bad taste in my mouth every time. There is no "projecting" here.

Btw "can I have some" line is from the crawl. Don't make me go and post 20 more cringe gambino lines because there are plenty.

I mean, it's a concept album about datapanik and information overload and society's relationship with the internet and all that information age crap yadda yadda. it might not be the most tasteful but I don't think it's fair to criticize it for making references to internet culture when it is very much an album about internet culture.

such a bad album, jesus christ

one of the worst out there

On a technical standpoint his delivery and flow is great his lyrics might seem childish at times but he's still delivering some well thought out metaphors that are relative to the song in like every verse I honestly think the hate he gets is biased more than anything

>Half-Thai thickie, all she wanna do is Bangkok
>Got her hair done, French braids now she A$AP

>Different color, my passport, Instagram my stack load
>Hashtag my day wear

>She on my back about it
>C3PO, C3PO, C3PO

>Send them pics to my phone, GPOY

>Trolling, trolling, trolling these niggas
Rick Rolling these niggas,

>Realities like allergies, I'm afraid to go nuts

>Life's the biggest troll but the joke is on us

>We are the dreams of our parents lost in the future
Who hide the deepest desires and wear a mask like a lucha-

>Gut niggas, so Kurt Vonne

lots of people have a strong bias against bad music :/

I liked it. Don't let the contrarians get to you.

This is how you know a person is running out of good things to say about a rapper

"On a technical standpoint the flow is good"

I know this is unfortunate but that doesn't mean shit when combined with a terrible rap voice like Gambino's

It's not biased. literal meme rap for teenage girls. I fully understand the hate he gets here because of the reasons I listed myself. When you have WOAT lyrics and are averaging 2 cringe lines per song you're not gonna get a lot of love from people with at least an iota of taste.

I'll say it again, he shined on shadows, that's where he showed his artistic capability. I would be content never hearing him rap ever again.

>contrarians

has it ever occurred to you that you are the contrarian here because everyone hates it.

>Idk I really liked that part where he rapped about twitter in a whiny voice

>terrible rap voice like Gambino's
>I'm not being biased
Yeah whatever faggots
Deltron>MF Doom

you can't be serious?

Are you really trying to argue that gambino has a good rap voice? Whiny nerd lil wayne flow?

Continue on with your delusions.

Maybe if he had lyrics that weren't shitsmears his voice would be tolerable.

I don't think it should be a factor in judging if an artist is good or not

Well that's too bad because I do. Even if I gave his voice a pass you're really about to excuse lines like

>Trolling, trolling, trolling these niggas
Rick Rolling these niggas

???? I noticed you guys conveniently ignored my cringe compilation up there

Dude thats like 1 or 2 lines that you're just exaggerating and you're really forcing yourself to believe in the memerap buzzword unironically, he did stand up and wrote sitcoms so I don't know why people freak out when they find pop culture references in his work and his lyrics are still written better than the generic
>pop pussy all night hella weed boy boy oh gawd

Have you felt pussy before?

Do you go out?

This entire argument is hinged upon the idea that social media and the internet isn't worth discussing or rapping about, even though it is a major part of modern life and probably the single most significant influence on society at large today

???

???

???

Please explain

Honestly I'm suprised how many people hate it. I'm with you there OP, its pretty damn good.