Maynard James Keenan Weighs in on Donald Trump

>Maynard James Keenan Weighs in on Donald Trump: ‘Idiocracy’ Is No Longer a Comedy, It’s a Documentary

loudwire.com/maynard-james-keenan-donald-trump-idiocracy-no-longer-comedy/?trackback=reddit_top_flat_4

>“Here’s the thing, I’m Italian and I’m Irish. The Italian side of me is the wine and food making family man; the Irish side is the s–t-talking, ‘comedy first, always’ side. So I’m very divided,” Keenan said. “Because all the f—kin’ awesome jokes that are gonna come out if Trump leads the U.S. – the humor, the tragedy and the awful stuff that’s gonna happen – is gonna be fodder for comedians for decades. And the end of the United States. Of course, the practical side of me thinks, ‘I’ve seen this before; I think it’s called Germany, 1938.’ Idiocracy is no longer a comedy, it’s a documentary. Idiocracy is where we are.”

ok but where's the new tool album faggot

>Here’s the thing, I’m Italian and I’m Irish

ugh just shut the fuck up

Honestly I could care less who wins ( besides Hilary) but shit at this point I want trump to win just he can prove all these self-righteous faggots wrong.

Why do people who are part Irish always love to tell people about it? Is it because everyone likes the Irish?

You couldn't* care less, idiot.

>Is it because everyone likes the Irish?

I think it might have more to do with everyone hating the Irish.

woah, what an original thought. idiocracy is actually a documentary???? crazy stuff, maynard. a truly unique take.

the thing is he's right but not for the reasons he thinks. idiocracy is prescient today but not because trump is shitty joke of a candidate (he is) but because both the republican and democratic elite are just as out of touch and have the same disdain for america's poor working class as idiocracy does. they, like the movie, completely fail to see why a candidate like trump is able to gain so much traction and just blanket statement everyone of his followers as dumb hicks. and there are plenty of dumb hicks who are trump followers, for sure, but it's much more complicated than maynard here would have you believe.

also, tool fucking sucks.

>trump is shitty joke of a candidate (he is)

stopped reading there. you're an idiot, Build Wall Juan.

WHY

why would anyone that isn't 14 years old want that shit, 10k days was terrible, lateralus was boring as fuck, aenima was alright, and their first two albums are great. But you know what? Shellac does the exact same fucking thing those first two albums from Tool do, but better.

He looks like a hotdog

Because he's an amazing vocalist and some people actually listen to the music and don't care about the image days like you brand on it because of the baby boomerang effect.

His comment is retarded though, trumps not Hitler.

They were persecuted minorities and now they still hold this sense of inferiority. Same thing for Italian, Jewish and Polish descendants

*fags

And what shellac song sounds like tool?

>Because he's an amazing vocalist
He's actually godlike at holding notes

>amazing vocalist
nah
>the rest of your nonsense post
what? you sound boring and pretentious, just like their albums after Undertow
just about everything on At Action Park?

>Shellac
Actually they lifted their riff style from Pixies, Bossanova specifically

your a dorable

fuck off reddit

>ITT: mu pretends it's pol

a-are you mad user-san?

>DUDE HE'S LITERALLY HITLER LMAO
I mean if anything he's stupid but come on.

This is Sup Forums? sorry, thought I was on Sup Forums

maynard is a nigger

>Here’s the thing, I’m Italian and I’m Irish
No you're not. You're a fucking Murkan. Own up to it. Why is it that everyone living in the GREATEST NATION ON EARTH FUCK YEAH FREEDOM MURKA MURKA always want to pretend they're actually from somwehere else?

Just because your granny came on a boat from somewhere else doesn't mean you belong there.

Here's the thing about Maynard. The man has some serious pipes. He has a 4 octave range and he excels in any octave. He wrote brilliant songs. And his stage presence was only matched by Donald Trump. Seriously, watch them play Radio Gaga at Live Aid and then watch a video of the Nuremburg rallies. We had better thank our lucky stars Maynard didn't go into politics or he would have taken over the world. But Tool as a whole had a brilliant dynamic. It wasn't just the Maynard James Keenan backup band. They all made huge creative contributions to what made Tool what it is.

>watch them play Radio Gaga at Live Aid
You blew it.

Mike, shut up and bring back King of The Hill.

>that feel when not white
>this racist wants to round up minorities and put them in camps for "safety"

fuck you faggots

this
Chuck Mangione needs work

don't mind me, i'm just doing my "don't give a fuck what moronic musicians think about me" dance all the way to the white house.

How shitty of SNL was it to have him host one show and then literally turn around and say that he's Hitler and all of his supporters hate blacks and mexicans?

That's fucking low.

>trump wins
>all of these terrible celebrities and dipshit militant liberals move to canada
>literally nothing bad happens to America
>all of the idiots screaming "JUST WAIT ITS GONNA HAPPEN WW3 SOON" from their third world countries

trump 2016

>activision
i cringed

the gifs are worth it, friend. we will have them forever. in future digitalized history books, the dancing trump gif will be beside his name for all to see.

There has been some amazing meme magic, hasn't there?

>And the end of the United States. Of course, the practical side of me thinks, ‘I’ve seen this before; I think it’s called Germany, 1938.’

Wow, another rich, disassociated idiot who has never had to do real work (no, touring with your band and singing is not real work, it is fulfilling your dream and artistic expression for which you are royally compensated in money, fame, etc) thinks we're interested in his hyperbole. What a surprise.

Here's the thing about Maynard James Keenan. The man is Italian and Irish. The Italian side of gim is the wine and food making family man. The Irish side is the s--t talking, ' comedy first, always' side. And his stage presence was only matched by Donald Trump. Seriously, watch them play Flood at 7-15-98, Wings Stadium, Kalamazoo MI and then watch a video of the Trump rallies. We had better thank our lucky stars Maynard didn't go into politics or he would have taken over the world. But Tool as a whole had a brilliant dynamic. It wasn't just the Tool band. They all made huge creative contributions to what made Tool what it is. Yes, Keenan wrote Aenima, The Pot, and Rosetta Stoned, but Adam Jones wrote Sober, Hooker With a Penis, and The Patient, Danny Carey wrote H., Vicarious, and Third Eye and Justin Chancellor wrote Prison Sex and Schism. Other bands like Porcupine Tree for instance were not like that. Porcupine Tree was basically just the Steven Wilson backup band. Tool was this perfect storm of legendary talent, and Maynard James Keenan was the face of it all, the delicious cherry on top of an already delicious sundae. He was the ambassador that allowed the amazing talent of combo that was Tool to be brought into our lives. He was the prism that focused the lazer beams from the brains of Adam, Danny, and Justin, and amplified them until they were powerful enough to blow our minds out through our ear holes. Yes, he was the most incredible front man who ever lived, hands down.

Why Sup Forums hates The Tool ?

c'mon i spent 20 minutes switching out names in this. someone at least read it even if its not funny i dont want to feel like all that time was wasted.

MJK is 5'7', he's mad Trump made fun of Rubio's height

whats funny is that trump has a very IQ, and is very accomplished. god forbid anyone be against mass unchecked immigration - you must be a bigot. trump was cool and hung out with all these people right up until he violated their code

of course , i would expect MJK to be against trump - artists are entirely left wing. but you'd think he'd have a little more insight. its not even edgy to be anti-trump it is simply mainstream twitter/facebook/hollywood.

he has been edgy his entire life - if he was still edgy he would come out in favor of trump