I don't get it. First song is OK but the rest is shite. Pls explain people

I don't get it. First song is OK but the rest is shite. Pls explain people

You just don't get it

It's the other way around for me, I think the first song's vocals sounds like lame 90s garbage.

took me like 6 listen to get it, try again OP

It's shoegaze you're not supposed to get it

It's literally pop rock

I dont get these fucking threads. There is no obligation for you to enjoy something. If you dont like it, you dont like it. Theres nothing to explain.

How can you not like Sometimes?

when someone doesn't enjoy something that is widely enjoyed, they feel ashamed/afraid that something is wrong with them and need to be justified

I suspect the threads that are always made about not enjoying this and mpp are made by dadrockers because i literally had the same opinions during that phase

I bet you just listen ironically. tell me what you like about it

When You Sleep is a banger, mate.

Sounds like a wall of random noise at first, but is actually a wall of melodies and riffs.

I suspect that almost all of the animosity toward dadrock on this board comes from former dadrockers who are deeply insecure about their past taste

They know that the album can become better after few listens so they try more and more
and ask us why we love it so much.

No problem with that

how can there be so many dads on this board?

don't have to be a dad to like dadrock

Tried to listen a few times never really got into it. The one from Lost In Translation and the first track I thought were decent tho.

personnaly i went through many other shoegaze's albums before really get this album and enjoy as fuck, i know now why many people love it.

"textures"

What is their not to get? Great melodies, lush dreamy guitar sounds that advanced the genre, Belinda and Kevins vocals complement the music really well too. Don't understand why people say this takes multiple listens, maybe if you guys actually sat down in a nice chair with a nice view and good headphones in without looking at your damn phone every minute and really took in the sounds you could actually enjoy some music once in a while.
>inb4 tips
also checkem