Amazon photos

can i use amazon photos to store ~300 GB of japanese manga?

Other urls found in this thread:

kek.gg/i/85CbP5.webp
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

idk user compression might be a thing and no one wants a shitty compressed manga page. also not sure if they limit photo size

i'm more curious if they'll flag my acct if i upload a few gigs of hentai manga and they'll be like "you cant do that"

their Amazon Drive is only limited to 5GB.

Just webp your shit and store it on your phone.

I got my 12GB mango collection down to ~3GB with webp and visually similar quality.

Newest 0.6.1 is rumoured to now be like 70% more efficient than the standard lib-turbo library jpeg encoder.

>inb4: "lul just use the mozjpeg lib-turbo library jpeg encoder XD"
By the time you encode a single image with this webp will be done with your entire collection.

>free with Prime
>free
>prime

What did they mean by this?

Multi-threaded encoding seems to be faster now too. Got an entire folder with like 200 images encoded in less than a minute on my i7 laptop.

1. what app is that?
2. this is now a WEBP thread

App? It's just the google dev website.

Termux's ffmpeg might have webp encoding though.

I just use the raw binary executable through the command prompt on my wangblows laptop.

Would this work with camera RAW files?

>"cwebpcompresses an image using the WebP format. Input format can be either PNG, JPEG, TIFF, WebP or raw Y'CbCr samples."

I think so, ye

WEBP doesnt get much more compression than JPEG at larger sizes, looks only slightly better, and with less native support in common apps.

Why not hosting Sup Forums at amazon photos?

kys pedo scum

>he doesn't know
hehehe

This used to be true for like 0.2.0 back in WW2. A lot has changed since then. Also why the fuck are you using SSIM to compare lossy encoders? This shit is barely even useful for video codec comparison now that we have VQM.

>PNG 508 KB
but you still preach about muh compression all day

speaking of which

you may as well sign up for an unlimited business onedrive/dropbox and upload everything before the trial ends.

I did that for my cloud plex server, 3TB streamable for free.

>lossy PNG
Jesus, you can clearly see the horrid color banding.

Didn't know brain damage was so popular with Sup Forums

Wait for the AV1 image format tbqh.

If your image is more than 1kB you're wasting space.

Who are you trying to fool soyboy? If you're gonna cheat with lossy PNG encoding at least use proper fucking dithering.

go ahead and do a diff>divide and show me which pixels are different in the raster, dumbass

Wtf explain yourself

I'm assuming they don't delete your files when the trial ends, to not lock you out.

So just sign up for the biggest trial and archive your shit forever.

I'll be dead before it even competed with HEVC. Doesn't it take like 10,000x more encoding time to beat HEVC by like 5%?

You or the encoder must have done something strange to it then because on my mobile chrome browser with data saving turned off I can immediately see color banding on it.

they don't delete your files when you stop paying the subscription, a free trial is all you need.
use a disposable 7-eleven debit card if you're scared of giving your real card.

>phoneposter
>calling anyone soyboy
>You or the encoder must have done something strange
>because on my mobile chrome browser
Works On My Machine™

Have you considered that your browser or your phone may be doing something stupid, because it's a fucking phone?

This is like the fifth time this week I've heard about browsers fucking up image decoding/visualization

I'm a learn-ed phoneposter boi, I even figured out how to write bash scripts for termux. Their ffmpeg package distro doesn't seem to be able to do webp encoding though so I have to SSH into my laptop to make webps rn baka.

>I'll be dead before it even competed with HEVC. Doesn't it take like 10,000x more encoding time to beat HEVC by like 5%?
The reference encoder is optimized for maximum gain at any cost, so it uses a "fuck you, we'll just bruteforce the search space" strategy.
It beats HEVC by a solid 25-30%.

People are making much, much faster encoders — think comparable to VP9 — that only lose a couple percents compared to the absolute optimum.

The catch is they were planning to finalize the bitstream by xmas 2017, no later than end of March, definitely by June.

Only clover should do that with it's fast resizing and decoding jewish tricks. Hmmm, is hiro redirecting phoneposters to different image files, heard that was a thing a few months ago.

So it's pretty mucu another daala shitstain? Maybe google can save AV1 but VP9 already seems to be maturing more and more.

It's based on Google's VP10, with contributions from Cisco and Mozilla (the daala thing).

The tech is fucking impressive, the only problem is just how much they suck at actually shipping a codec.

huh can you circle what exactly you're pointing us at here?

Mozilla would only remove slave from the code but glad cisco is on board, they could even help make hw encoders.

Color banding everywhere where 2 adjacent colors meet.

Try it and sue them for false advertising if they tell you to stop.

>Mozilla would only remove slave from the code but glad cisco is on board, they could even help make hw encoders.
At this point even Apple is on board, that's just how badly the MPEG fucked up.
HEVC is pretty much dead outside of HEIF.

Install Google photos on your phone
Run magisk and do the pixel mod trick

You have now unlimited no compression Google photos storage for free

It wouldn't without converting them, if you want to keep the RAW's as RAW's and compatibility with most software use DNG or the native compression of your camera (like whatever Nikon and Canon has nowadays), if you want more compression and don't really care about compatibility (archiving/backups) use a good compressor/archiver like 7zip or lrzip/Zstd/whatever
Some cameras have slight lossy compression that can't be turned off in their RAW's, specifically Sony, you can still save a bit of size on those by using DNG or compressing them, but much less than the other uncompressed formats
Didn't Onedrive kill their unlimited offers thanks to people actually using a lot of storage?
Daala was pretty much always a research codec, before AV1 consolidated they did had plans to eventually make it a production codec
>Mozilla would only remove slave from the code but glad cisco is on board, they could even help make hw encoders.
Daala had a shitload of innovations trend following faggot, it was by far more advanced than the VP10 base they choose since Daala was too advanced, also Daala isn't a Mozilla only thing, it was mostly a Xiph thing
Cisco contributed some innovations from their Thor codec, AV1 is the result from a VP10 base merged with some parts of Thor and Daala

Apple is irrelevant, they don't have much to offer for video codecs, maybe HW decoders on their iPhones but that only makes up like 5% of the phone market.

I don't think HEVC is anywhere near "dead" when basically everything has 8-bit hevc hw decoding and encoding groups are starting to use it. Netflix is using hevc for 4K and only a mass adoption of AV1 hw decoders would make them switch video codecs.

I give AV1 a decade to properly mature but isn't MPEG already working on FVC?

>Color banding everywhere where 2 adjacent colors meet.
that's just chrome's retarded zoom-in display afaik

wtf

>Apple is irrelevant
What matters about Apple isn't their marketshare, it's how deep their pockets go and how much weight they have to throw around.
When Apple does something retarded, you can be sure half the fucking phone makers will blindly follow, just to look modern.

Given the absolutely kafkaesque patenting situation it's looking more and more like big platforms will just skip HEVC entirely. Thanks, Velos Media.

AV1 was always meant to be a next-next-gen post-HEVC codec, so it comes at just the right time.
All the big hardware companies are in, so I expect hardware encoders to come out within the year, and all the major platforms already signed up for it.

At this point there's not much doubt it'll replace H.264 as the next big standard.
The exact thing that H.265 failed to do.

As for FVC, it's nothing more than an idea at this point, so don't expect anything concrete in the next decade, and even then all the H.265 patents still won't have expired.

>suing one of the biggest corporations on the planet
>when they reserve the right to do whatever the fuck they want with their services without warning in their ToS, which you accepted

You and I expect too much maybe. Even if AV1 surpassed FVC somehow transitioning to it would be a huge fucking struggle of comparability and HW enc/dec. I'm surprised 600 series snapovens even got 8-bit HEVC hw dec support.

TOSs should be illegal, nobody reads that shit.

EULA too.

There should just be a very small standard set of licenses for sales and free usage. Else you should have to sit down with management and negotiate a contract with lawyers.

But the IP lobby has more pull in governments than normal people do, I guess. Lots of "innovative" business models to try - lel.

how about lossless webp?

For good reason. I'm fairly certain that it's even on record that Lawyers intentionally draft and design these ToS and EULA letters to make them as unappealing as possible to the average layman so they end up just skipping it entirely. An disgustingly effective practice.

This is so not worth doing except for shits and giggles if you have way too much time.

Just buy some HDD, form a data cloud, RAID or whatever, and use that.

I've been following the development pretty closely, that's why I can afford to have some hopes.

AV1 has pretty much the same decode complexity as VP9, they spent a lot of time & money in hardware review to make sure things would work out smoothly.

My understanding is that the AOM member companies are going to push hard to get this shipped asap.
AMD, NVidia and ARM have been working on hardware design. With all the money involved there's really no stopping this at this point.

In fact VLC can play 1080p AV1 right now, and for a nightly-quality software decoder the performance is actually very acceptable.

lmao, PNG doesn't stand a chance unless you do lossy PNG encoding.

> it would be a huge fucking struggle of comparability and HW enc/dec
Not entirely for decoders if we go by HEVC.

Chinese HTPC and smartphones had HEVC decoders before HEVC even started to really appear on Youtube and torrents.

And whatever can't do that has a chance to maybe do it in software.

If AV1 has enough gains and no licensing issues and some serviceable encoders (even if they're software; they merely need to be better than HEVCs at the ratio of time spent encoding to gains over H.264), I'm sure we'll see it used pretty rapidly.

>This is so not worth doing
why? will it be hard to manage my lolis?

>learn-ed phoneposter
lmao

Yes, that's actually part of it.

Also they can obviously just delete your account for ToS violations or whatever one day. Or make the programs you want to use annoying to use with this service.

And you're limited to just xxx GB of lolis. Every off the shelf drive in your cluster / array could add >=10TB for a more reasonable collection.

yeah how about lossless webp?
I have no understanding on how webp does lossless, I have my doubt that it's actually lossless instead of "just as good"

>limited to just xxx GB
did you not see OPs image?
UNLIMITED

>webp
no thanks i don't like botnets

Doesn't matter, in reality they'll almost certainly ToS you or something else when your account starts to get suspicious.

Or they'll not provide enough BW/an interface to make this storage realistic to easily use. Or something else.

I haven't ever used webp and i don't have programs that can edit it in any way
feel free to reencode this in webp lossless and then do a raster difference between the two images, if it's true lossless it shouldn't be a problem

ex-static webm poster here: I am so proud of you Sup Forums, you finally stop being massive fucking troglodyte luddites

Maybe one of you mongrels might put enough brain cells together to make a webp only chan someday.

kek.gg/i/85CbP5.webp

>webp supports transparency