I can't decide on an OS. What do you all use? I've been using 7 for a while and I'm ready for a change

I can't decide on an OS. What do you all use? I've been using 7 for a while and I'm ready for a change.

Use debian and install every DE.
Try them all and stick to your favorite for at least one month without much worrying about your system, you will love GNU/Linux and slowly start to learn your system.
After 3/4 months with Debian you can start "distro hopping", trying different distros. Then you will stick to your favortite distro and be totally happy about your OS.

windows 10

I'm hearing people say that Linux has issues running games, is this true and how true is it?

Gentoo

Nope, the kernel doesn't have any issues running games.

...LTSB
It's important

Use fucking Debian

i did something similar but with Opensuse tumbleweed, i was amazed that nothing broke even with load of fucking updates

That is only true

>t. I want waste my life being unproductive while screwing around with worthless OSes that lack software, need to be constantly screwed with and will never work quite right
>t. I have just the solution for you

Ok, here are your options.

>Windows
Use Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB 2016 if you need Windows software or you're some kind of gaymur faggot. There are guides out there on how to activate it for free like an absolute Pajeet. It gets only security updates and has only the most basic applications installed. The main advantages of the upgrade from 7 include better battery life, slightly better performance on SSDs, and better driver support for some hardware. The UI is a matter of opinion but the built in workspace switcher and unified notification center are nice. It's still a botnet, but so is 7 if you've updated it since like 2010.

>OS X
Make a hackintosh. It runs like raped ape on laptops, and you'll go through hours of Clover config fuckery to get it working. Hackintoshing is only really worth it on desktops, and even then you're limited in hardware choices. OS X isn't as good as advertised, and real Mac hardware is overpriced and outdated trash with the durability of wet newspaper and the serviceability of Fort Knox.

>GNU/Linux
Debian is stable but has older packages, and you will have to use the command line for things. Fedora is the same but has newer packages and better QEMU support. For the UI I recommend KDE5 or XFCE4. Use KDE if you have 4GB of RAM and 2GHz CPU and XFCE for toasters. Another option is Q4OS, which uses the Trinity desktop. It feels a bit like Windows XP but has a GUI app store type of thing for one click installations of packages, and it's based on Debian. Trinity is a fork of KDE3 and it's light on resources and user friendly. Q4OS has great PlayOnLinux and WINE support, so you can easily install and run lots of common Windows programs. For any distro you choose, always install TLP on laptops. It's software for automatic power management that will double or triple your battery life.

mfw when I've run yaourt -Syua --noconfirm to update for four years now and never had anything break

Gentoo, usually with LXDE.

Manjaro i3

thats because you have been saying no to all the updates

--noconfirm prevents are you sure you want to install this package prompts and prompts to edit the pkgbuild

Use iOS

gentoo

OpenBSD

Use OS/2 , faggot

Windows 8.1

Use debian. the best complaint he could come up with is that the updates, which can be done in the background, take too long,

the perfect blend of 7 and 10

I love this post 10/10

>update Void
>it takes 30 seconds, maybe a couple of minutes max if you waited for months
>xbps never breaks anything

stay with windows 7 unless you need specyfic new features that can only be provided by other os's