youtube.com/watch?v=wkndoqWH_FQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What is it

oh god why

>Hurr durr what is Vivo Apex
A shit
Because "Innovation"

Lg

It's just a concept, chill, if it ever goes on the market, just don't fucking buy it.

i don't know which i hate more, the fact that companies follow stupid trends or the fact that stupid trends are what sell just because they're trendy

I haven't seen anyone liking notch though.

Why do companies bother with expanding the display for no reason? First it was samsung with the edge display and now this... It would seem cool for showing a ticker style notification but all they do is just make accidental presses more common.

>buying a phone without copperhead os support
Retards

idk what you're talking about that phone looks amazing

essential phone looks fucking good though, I don't get why other companies can't do it that well. They're giving us these massive waste of space notches that take up 3/4 the top bar, you're not benefiting from that extra screen space at all

Looks pretty good I think but I've never owned a smartphone. What's so bad about it?

thanks obama

>M is cut off
The notch is pure shit.

>memescreens

samsung and apple went too far

Just deal with the fact that andropoors will copy apple's innovations, whether they're good or bad.

don't worry goy
we made the notch so we could make it slightly smaller in future phones and then eventually MAYBE get rid of it somehow, we don't know yet.
Buy this phone.

Samsung is still fine.

Their hardware's been pretty good for the past 3 years, damn shame their software is hot garbage. Even if they did fix up the jank and stuttering there's still a fuckload of bloatware and duplicate apps not to mention fucking with the basic functionality of Android such as outright removing features that stock Android has. Every person I've ever heard bitch about how laggy Android is has only experienced Samshit's Android.

just use package disabler to stop the bloatware from hogging CPU/RAM resources.

>$800+ flagship phone
>Hold on just gotta disable all this bloatware and bullshit brb guys

That''s alright, a good phone hasn't come out in years anyway so I couldn't care less how retarded new ones look.

>too retarded to even spend 5 mins making your device better
Are you sure you're not just a retarded iToddler?

Do you even xiaomi, bro?

Also, enjoy your smart rearviewmirrors. Tabs will die because of it.

He never said he couldn't, he's saying he shouldn't have to.

Just don't buy a retarded looking phone. Simple, vote with wallet. There is NO reason for that notch to exist.

I voted for chinks.

I dunno, there aren't really a lot of examples in technology where spending more money means you need to do less customization.
It's more like when you spend more money there is more "value added services" included that the company is trying to push as justifying that price.

Samsung and UMIDIGI are still around.

Sup Forums laughed at me when I said Samsung is and always will be a top tier phone manufacturer that will stick to their guns, well... guess who's laughing now.

>its applel's fault that other companies are doing the same stupid thing applel does

i'm pretty sure that's not how this works.

dont buy it then.

theres other phones without notches

use a package disabler
install launcher or roms

stock android kinda bland anyway

>sucking so much corporate cock you unironically make excuses for pre-loaded malware
At least you’re not an iToddler™!

My S9 doesn't have this problem.

>round corner screen
That's even worse than the notch.

>t. iToddler

>implying that it's apple's fault that chinks decided to blatantly a design feature they don't even need

>Thanks essential phone
FTFY

What's wrong? Looks nice

why does it still have a bezel?
If you're gunna rip off of apple do it right

>putting a case on the iphone to make the bezel look thicker

>package Disabler
What exactly does this do?
I've got a shitty android and it just randomly slows down then when I go to ram usage there are a bunch of google services and other shit like WhatsApp that self activate

its still bad looking.

YOU GAIN NOTHING BY EXTENDING THE SCREEN SLIGHTLY ABOVE THE TOP SPEAKER JUST SHIFT THE ICONS DOWN SLIGHTLY YOU CUNTS YOU'RE JUST ARTIFICIALLY INFLATING THE PRICE OF YOUR PHONE

>degoogled android
>only works on google hardware
what did they mean by this?

even better, get rid of all the front facing shit

The S9 isn't out yet.
[spoiler]But I am getting a coral blue S9 at the end of the month[/spoiler]

all these new notchphones remind me of the note 4.

i really want to buy one now. not sure why

>Sony cucks to modern shit design and removes headphone jack
Literally only decent brand left is Nokia, xz1 will be the last good phone.

The last good phone was the BlackBerry Classic

The irony is that they could've moved the bottom bar to the top and include the camera in it. But instead, you have a fucking useless bar on the bottom AND a retarded notch. Bravo LG

I mean I guess decent smartphone. When the fuck did removable batteries just dissappear,it used to be a selling point.

A screen is supposed to be a perfect rectangle. A notch takes up a part of the screen estate at the top, so when you watch a video in full screen, the notch covers up part of the video.

They fill in the sides with a black bar which makes the whole thing pointless.

this hasnt bothered me at all

>all phones
>only 4 phone models in the entire world

just buy older chink knockoffs

only downside is the retarded ui

Sorry, I was just pointing out facts.

What's the one on the left???

Looks like Mi Mix 2 but the bezels look even thinner.

Disgusting

hahaha

The only fact is that you suck corportate cock.

you retards just get a new nokia
>good design
>pure stock Android with regular updates
>good specs
>headphone jack, no notch

youtube.com/watch?v=wkndoqWH_FQ

I have
My fucking theory and aesthetics of industrial design professor has the iPhone x and says he loves everything about it

Time to drop the class, you're not going to learn shit.

the mi mix 2s implementation isn't bad.

The only one with good specs doesn’t have a headphone jack. Unlike on iOS where you can walk into any semi decent tech store and buy a 10$ Dongle, if you lose the proprietary dongle of the Nokia you’ll be SOL.

my coral blue arrives today apparently. would be nice to get it a day early but i suspect they will delay until tomorrow because they are cunts who do whatever samsung say

Yes, sell a phone without a front facing camera. See it fly off the shelves like a RX 580 in China!

they always did way before the peninsula bezels.
>a rectangular slab with round corners and a protruding camera.

>dropping a class because a professor likes a phone you don’t like.
The neet life must be a good life.

ohhhhhhhh check out them quads!

>USB type C
>proprietary
user...

>blaming apple
>not the oems

lol fanboys much

>they're just doing what they had to do!

Why are phones so stupidly big now? I was forced to buy an iphone (SE) because there is not a single decent android with a smaller screen

the notch separating the notifications from the system stuff is genius when you really think about it

Because it’s really hard to market for contrarian edge lords with small hands.

>getting rid of the piezo earpiece in v2
>still no microSD
Missed potential, but still hawt.

Why do you even need the big screen for? If you want to watch movies or play games just buy a fucking tablet. I want my phone to comfortably fit in the pocket of my pants and to be able to easily use it with one hand. Holding a big phone with one hans is just akward

having a notch in the top center of the screen is the biggest blunder of the year i really hope samsung and google never implement such a retarded design on their flagships.

ITS GONNA TAKE YEARS FOR THE NOTCH TO WORK ITS WAY THROUGH THE SYSTEM AND OUT THE ASS END OF THE BUDGET MARKET

WE'LL BE SEEING THIS ABORTION FOR A DECADE

THANKS APPLE

holy shit this is hilarious, have a (You)

I won't mind the notch on next generation Androids when designs and software are actually built with it in mind instead of hammered around it in a panicky sprint to copy Apple fast enough.

For now I'm glad that I feel no pressure to upgrade from my Galaxy S7, and when I do it'll probably be to another Samsung or a Google phone that will stick to their own design language anyways.

If you can’t fit a 5 inch phone in your pocket that’s your own problem. I can hit all corners of the iPhone 8 with a single hand and don’t want to spend extra on a device that I’ll rarely end up using.

>muh microSD
nice meme

A 128GB phone with no expandable storage will always only have 128GB of storage. Meanwhile my 16GB phone can be expanded with higher and higher capacity microSD cards until it hits the 2TB limit of SDXC.

Oh boy, that sounds like a shitty professor

is clover being gay for any of you? i keep getting timeout and it wont let me post

you need to post faster

even after refreshing the captcha i get the timeout

agreed, i want it. My Note 8 is looking boring

>no japanese locale to set as secondary language in order for moonrunes to display correctly
I need it for my weeb studies. Getting a Sony next.

>use cheaply counterfeited apple alternatives
>complain the "manufacturers" have to update to latest iPhone to produce their "next generation" phones
Pottery

Piezo earpiece was a complaint point of the old phone.

No reason to use the microsd slot when the internal data is cheap and SSD-fast.

My biggest complaint with this phone is only that many apps do not make use of the 18:9 ratio with navbar disabled, so the bottom of the screen is black in many apps and unused, and using navbar at all with the gestures available is stupid. Everything else is pretty much perfect. Even the bezel being on the bottom, so you can drag your thumb up it onto the screen for home/recents.

Thanks, Apple, indeed. Now we know what other phone brands are shit without question.

>they all fell for the smartphone meme

I like notches, I think the status/Sinhala/battery bar looks kinda cool in its own little section up there.