Linux sucks.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=s087Ca9JnYw
youtu.be/radmjL5OIaA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

GNU rocks tho.

>totally not bryan lunduke
I do feel like that faggot comes here.

he can't even navigate the UI and resorts to responding to Sup Forums posts via twitter, so I highly doubt that.

>Linux sucks.
So does Bryan Lunduke. Had at least a modicum of respect for him until the "SJW" video the other day where he's dishonestly claiming he received "death threats" from a FreeBSD dev. All respect for him went right down the drain. Don't sink to their level with the "false narrative" bullshit, especially in a video where you're complaining about them doing the exact same thing.

Well, considering he mentions Sup Forums in several of his videos, mostly to bitch about the "usability" of the site, I'd say it's a distinct possibility.

>Damage control on Sup Forums
As much as I hate e-celeb culture, Bryan, for what it's worth is a decent source of information and does not give off the vibe of being a pathological liar for the sake of getting attention. I mean, he lost viewers because of his pseudo conservative views and anti SJW shit.

>>Damage control on Sup Forums
What in the literal fuck are you talking about?
>and does not give off the vibe of being a pathological liar
And yet there he is in a video, using a twitter screencap that he cropped the context out of, in an attempt to make it look like some moron's tasteless joke was an actual death threat. (Unless he actually believes that the exchange, up to and including the nethack headstone, really was a death threat. In which case he needs to contact the authorities instead of pretending to be upset by it in a yt video.)
>he lost viewers
He didn't really have all that many to begin with, but that's beside the point. I'm really starting to feel like he's trying to trade fake controversy for views and I can't respect that, especially from someone like him.

>Stop Using FreeBSD

>having respect for any youtubers in the first place
ooooooooook

Yeah, this isn't one of the video game boards, and we don't have to pretend that we "hate ecelebs" here or whatever. The dude has been a figurehead in the FOSS community for a long time, and his youtube usage has no bearing on that. Did you actually have anything of value to say?

>rationalizes his shitty life decisions to 'respect' an attention whore on youtube
and you're above the fags on Sup Forums because...?

Stop idolizing complete fucking idiots, look at where it's taken you, you're defending a retard on Sup Forums.

>look at where it's taken you, you're defending a retard on Sup Forums.
Except I'm not. At all. You seem to be the one who's upset that I have anything to say about Lunduke. Why might that be?

The Linux operating system dumb fuck

I remember watching one of his "Linux Sucks" speeches, and it's what got me to really fall head over heels for Linux and FOSS software in general. There was just something captivating about how passionate he was about the software and community behind it all.

see

Sure does.

you have to go back

>complains about foss software
>doesn't do anything to fix it other than complain about it even though the resources are out there to do so

hilarious considering he browses reddit from the terminal
has nobody told him about 4chanx? i feel Sup Forums has the most comfy ui desu

/ourguy/ youtube.com/watch?v=s087Ca9JnYw

That look.

>not realizing that him bringing a few thousand people's attention to a problem is more efficient than trying to fix it himself.

my problem with him weren't his views, it was his "i dont wanna get into politics" bullshit he says right when he's about to to get into politics

I just wish he wasn't a smarmy insufferable hipster douchebag. He's kinda like Pottering, only he just bitches about everyone else's code instead of actually writing any. Oh, he constantly CLAIMS to have written code, but no one outside of Microsoft (his alleged former employer) has apparently ever seen any of it.

I wish he'd not deliberately use SJW argument tactics in the very same video where he's bitching about SJWs using SJW argument tactics. I wish he'd actually "eat his own dogfood" (his phrase, not mine) while accusing other people of not "eating their own dogfood." I wish he wasn't a corporate dicksucking shill all while trying to cover up the fact that he's a corporate dicksucking shill by constantly pointing out that the companies he shills for are "totally, like, into the FOSS scene, man!"

He's the kind of fuckface that shows up at the local Starbucks with a System76®™ laptop instead of the usual iMacThingy just to outhipster the hipsters. Or I'd imagine he'd rather show up with that "electric typewriter" gizmo he did the two videos on and still can't shut the fuck up about. Okay, it was more like one actual video and an "interview" with the creator where he spent the better part of an hour badgering the guy about the product he thought he should have made instead of talking about the one he did.

For all the supposed good things this dude says and does, I still can't help but wonder how anyone can take him seriously.

Didn't this all start because he got pissy at Stallman back in 2012? "Y-you want my children to starve! Stallman hates kids and wants mine to die omg"
Fuck this guy. I'm glad he's gone from JB

JB?

Jupiter Broadcasting
youtu.be/radmjL5OIaA

>Don't sink to their level with the "false narrative" bullshit, especially in a video where you're complaining about them doing the exact same thing.
Jesus Christ, are you complaining about the ascii tombstone thing getting called a death threat too? Because you dumbasses seem to all be missing the point of that while schtick, which is that he's literally reflecting back at the FreeBSD nutters the same sort of ridiculous shit that they claim to take seriously, so he can call them out on their inconsistency. If *hugs* are literal rape, and have been confirmed to be taken seriously, something as mundane as death-themed ascii art might as well be literal murder, because they're refusing to acknowledge a difference between real and virtual "acts". He literally talks about this inconsistency the video he did on it, and it was literally the main point of the whole fucking thing. That's how you highlight shit that's being inconsistently enforced ffs.

I don't care about this system76 merchant, and lost interest in him in general when he couldn't install Gentoo, but how you idiots seem to go out of your way to not see the point of his non-technical arguments if mind boggling to me.

See:

soyboy sjwfag detected

wait wrong post. im talking about this guy

>in order to fight the sjws you need to become an sjw
Naw. That seems stupid, and I think you're stupid for suggesting it.

>11:28
"These people still have... all of their access. They have not been reprimanded in any way. Uhh, in fact, this means that the freely elected FreeBSD officials are allowed, specifically by the FreeBSD core team and code of conduct blah blah blah team, to make death threats. That's totally okay with them. If it weren't okay, they would do something about it."

Except that no one made any death threats. At all. This is a false narrative, as per the usual SJW tactics. There is no other way to spin this.

>hurr pointing out inconsistent selective enforcement is SJW
kys

>Except that no one made any death threats
gee captain obvious, reading comprehension isn't your strongsuit is it?

this soy man sucks

this but unironically

Linux is a kernel. The kernel of the GNU/Linux operating system, for example.

GNU/Linux isn't an operating system, it's a class of operating systems. Debian, for example.

Lunduke is a fraud trying to make a quick buck off free software

your fucking A well told.

Linux is an OS.

A thread died for this

no regerts

My only complaint is that he takes too much time getting to his points. rule #1 is not to waste your viewers' time, and I think he could cut 10-20% of hedging, rambling, and qualifying out of his videos.
Besides that, he can do his own thing, I don't mind

Muttzila?

is a fox not a mutt?

Walking, talking, reddit.

This guy literally wrote the SJW Handbook for Over-Reacting and Conclusion Jumping. Such a faggot.

Good bye Richard. Nobody unironically cares about gnu or the gpl anymore.

I don't especially like Stallman, but Lunduke was really carrying on like a lunatic. What the fuck was he expecting Stallman to say?

>lunatic
>not referring to Stallman