I just got hired at a record store, ask me anything

I just got hired at a record store, ask me anything

Other urls found in this thread:

npr.org/sections/therecord/2015/07/10/421483599/goodbye-music-tuesday-starting-today-albums-come-out-on-friday
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

How hard was it to get the job? Can you choose what music to play in the store?

What was your major in college?

Well, I've been going there and buying stuff for a few years now, and I know almost all of the guys. However, I was going to be doing all of that stuff regardless of whether I ended up working there or not. So, I probably wouldn't be hired if they didn't know me already, but I didn't get to know them specifically to get a job. And yeah we take turns playing whatever we want.

Currently in college, majoring in Marketing.

do you have an online store that has like $1 CD's and shit available to buy

Are the employee discounts good?

where do you work?

Did mu core knowledge help land you the gig?

25%
Nah, place is in a touristy area so they're a little bit steep, which sucks
Rekkid sto
Honestly, yeah. Never would have been into music if it weren't for this shithole.

Why does music come out on Tuesdays?

it doesn't

How does that help you get the job? Do they actually care about your music knowledge?

wait what? everything comes out on Tuesdays, dude
DVDs, video games, music, books

they changed the day for music releases (not sure about movies and stuff tho) to Friday like a year ago

They do. Biggest part of the job is recommending/talking to people. It's not a kind of "sit there and wait for the customer to come up to the counter with their records" kind of place. We have to really make the sales

Hat or hair?

favorite album from this year so far?

Tim Hecker, or maybe Nonagon Infinity or Teens of Denial

Where do you keep the Pantera albums and how much do they cost

That's interesting. Do they try to hire people with different sorts of tastes so that all genres are covered like a techno guy and a hip hop guy and so on

Is Crosley a normie meme or are they actually good? I have about 2 grand to spend on a decent setup but I really don't know what to get because I just now got on my own and don't have much experience.

How's the selection of used albums compared to new albums? There's two stores near my location, and one buys more reissues than the other -- and probably for good reason, because they don't get a very big selection of used ones other than straight-to-the-dollar-bin stuff in bulk. After all, getting more copies into circulation increases the chance that those albums would end up back in a store later on instead of another dollar bin record, right?

Crosley is shit. If you want to listen to records and not destroy them, get an audio technica player and a decent used receiver and some used speakers. Shouldn't be more than like $300 total and it'll give you what it seems like you're looking for.

A lot of the used stuff is pretty good. This place is a bit overpriced, so you'll either have really good/desirable used stuff in there for a decent price, or records that are more common, in worse condition, be overpriced. Also, all of the used stuff is old.

did you freeze yourself f0r a year?

Would you be mean if a somewhat androgynous, scrawny long haired guy walked into your store, and would you look at him like you want to rip his fucking head off?

I can't remember the last album I bought on release day

As of July, 2015, albums are released on Fridays.

npr.org/sections/therecord/2015/07/10/421483599/goodbye-music-tuesday-starting-today-albums-come-out-on-friday
whaaaaat

why do comics come out on Wednesday then? are they gonna move that to Friday too

oh shit is that millennium records in portland?

Is your boss a condescending prick?

the record store is closed
K Street Records, Sacramento

nor can i. but do you not pay attention to like when albums drop on the internet? this board is quite centered on new releases

I'm a cross-poster
Please no bully

sorry, no hard feelings

you ever see mc ride riding his bike in sac?

Crosley owner here.

DO NOT GET A CROSSLEY, I REPEAT, DO NOT GET A CROSSLEY.

How did you get so lucky