Registry cleaner

Now that Piriform is compromised, which registry cleaner should I use?

Other urls found in this thread:

bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/373006/registry-cleaners/
archive.is/Bg9TM
decentsecurity.com/#/registry-cleaners/
youtu.be/efFHMt4Bib0
blog.malwarebytes.com/cybercrime/2015/06/digital-snake-oil/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

what's a registry ?

Like Schindler's List but for Windows

None.

bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/373006/registry-cleaners/

agreed
pretty sure it was mostly a useful(if it all) with fat32 pre winxp registry

Whats the last usable version of CCleaner before they got taken over?

Do the keys get freed at the end like in the movie?

Auslogic

Fake news

I just read a few comments like that too on Tom's Hardware.

I've used CCleaner for years before and although I cannot know if they ever caused any minor harm to my computers or caused them to be sub-optimal, it has never, ever done anything seriously harmful ("stop it from booting" or whatever).

Kinda confused...

I clean my registry every week and it runs like Day 1

A friend of mine doesn't and he complains about windows bloat.

>hmmm

No it’s more like the ending to the Blair witch

>Now that Piriform is compromised
Source?

Wise registry cleaner

Wasnt Ccleaner a malware?

Proprietary software problems.

>using registry cleaners

Are you a 70 y/o woman that bought a license for half a dozen make-ur-PC-faster or make-ur-PC-safer memeware because a pop-up told her the PC is slow and riddled with viruses and the only way to resolve the problem is buying snake oil programs?
If the answer is no, then you shouldn't use a registry cleaner at all.

oh.

F

archive.is/Bg9TM

There are many casuals or gamers that don't know better, user. Plus, cleaning the cache and registry of useless files and entries (along with cleaning the AppData folder manually) does at least help a bit to get rid of bloat.

How is this compromised? I use it for a long time.

>Be me
>Support like 14000 computers in the field
>Never use a registry cleaner
>Friends insist registry cleaners are necessary

This page is often referred by SwiftonSecurity,

decentsecurity.com/#/registry-cleaners/

>2018
>using registry cleaners
Nigger do you computer?

I only used the clean temp files functionality, but hardly use it now, especially after the hacking.

I can name two cases were Ccleaner's registry cleaner fixed a problem for me. Faulty driver installation and b.net launcher crash. Both didn't get fixed untill I ran the registry cleaner.

they are useless but if you really need to use bleachbit

I eat cereal for breakfast and my computer runs like day 1. A friend of mine eats toast and he complains about windows bloat.

>hmmm

The only real way to clean the registry is to delete Windows from your computer forever.

the registry cleaner is helpful if you're ocd about keeping traces of uninstalled software off of your pc. revo uninstaller helps too (although i've been using chocolatey as of late and it has pretty much remedied all of these problems, why doesn't windows have a built in package manager again?)
it's a peace of mind thing, plus ccleaner's registry cleaner is unobtrusive enough that i've never had it break anything

CCleaner is probably the only registry cleaner worth attempting in situations like this

I tried everything before. Reinstalling, deleting every trace of the previous installation etc. Only that helped.

Lets fork i... oh ._.

Have you guys seen this program? It's open-source and claims to have a much better detection rates than others. I'm itching to replace Revo with this.

youtu.be/efFHMt4Bib0

ccleaner with Winapp2.ini still works fine for me.

Same but it was on a clients pc. Sometimes these things DO work. And it’s nice to wipe all the unnecessary temp files that eat up space. There’s really no reason for people to just make a blanket statement that they’re bad. It’s just silly.

None!
They're snake oil.
blog.malwarebytes.com/cybercrime/2015/06/digital-snake-oil/

what's registry?

Nice false equivalency idiot. You must have nothing to say if this is your best argument.

Isn't all proprietary software?

Advanced System Care

>chinkshit bloatware
>684,152,184 PROBREM WITH YOUR PC WAS DETECT, LAOWAI, GIB MONI 2 RESORVE PROBREM ;^)

No thanks.

>use portable/standalone versions of your applications
>do not have shit entries in registry
>do not have to clean it
werks on my machine since 2010

Yikes

Not that user, but correlation does not imply causation is equivocal for all correlations. It's retard tier evidence.

bleachbit

good enough for the crooked witch, good enough for you