It's not that big a deal.

Other urls found in this thread:

serverfault.com/questions/755818/systemd-using-4gb-ram-after-18-days-of-uptime
phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=systemd-2017-Git-Activity
suckless.org/sucks/systemd
web.archive.org/web/20170724100245/https://muchweb.me/systemd-nsa-attempt/
without-systemd.org/wiki/index.php/Arguments_against_systemd
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Linux is pointless in general. Of course it isn't a deal at all.

You're right. I used to be outraged about it like everyone else, but when I actually bothered to read the rationale behind its design decisions they made a lot more sense. So whatever, not really worth being upset about.

>violating unix philosophy
>it's not a big deal

If you want something that follows the Unix Philosophy, you should probably use Unix.

To be honest I have no clue why it's bad but after using Slackware I find systemd excessively complex for what it does. What's its advantage ?

No one cares about Unix anymore, only Linux.

He says while posting from a web browser. End your life, hypocrite.

Uhhhh it makes restarting shitty Mono-based services easy when they crash. That's about it.

I don't know... I don't want hardcoded ntp, dns servers. Their own implementation to do X or make every desktop enviroment dependent on it.
Looks like a fucking cancer.

>
>If you want something that follows the Unix Philosophy, you should probably use Unix.

> Let's put chromium inside our init system!

Rule 2.

But it's massive and slow, and nearly impossible to replace...

>let's parrot memes and retarded things i've picked up from other retards about things i have no knowledge of

You're on a technology forum, retard. Do you think no one will call you out on your absolute lack of knowledge? Do you think people won't see that you have no idea what you're talking about?

What bugs me are retards calling it botnet. This makes actual botnet warnings look retarded.
There's a reason newfriends think that botnet is "everything you don't like".

Like it or not, systemd is free software and the source code available.
When you shit on systemd, do it with reasonable arguments about your likes/dislikes of it's structure, design or whatever, but don't spread your dumb.

It's not that big a deal.

Do NOT talk about Sup Forums

until you find one of those timers that make the system unbootable. one such thing is the connman network manager at least on ubuntu. it waits infinitely for a network connection by default and wont boot before a connection is estabilished.

u just did that tho u dumb git
ur a cheeky cunt

Where can I read about that? I'm legitimately curious

So does your DE, and your music player, and your browser and the fucking kernel itself.
Systemd has many, many problems, but muh unix philosophy just isn't an argument anymore if you're using Linux.

> Getting this buttblasted when people point out systemds cancerous feature creep
Pottering, is that you?

There's a LOT of reasons why people don't like it, and I think the people who don't like it all likely have their own reasons for not liking it.

Here's a posting about someone discovering a massive memory leak that used up 4GB of ram. While I have yet to see something this massive, I have definitely noticed Systemd using more memory than the alternatives, and some leakage here and there as well.
serverfault.com/questions/755818/systemd-using-4gb-ram-after-18-days-of-uptime

Some see it as an unnecessary security risk due to its massive attack surface. It recently hit 1 million lines of code.
phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=systemd-2017-Git-Activity

Some don't like it because they dislike its habit of scope creep. The project ends up assimilating things that historically should not have anything to do with init. gif related.
suckless.org/sucks/systemd

There's also some other design decisions that people have an issue with, such as using Google DNS by default (because of course systemd can handle DNS), using binary logs, etc.

Lastly there's the conspiracy theory side of it, which alleges that systemd is an NSA attempt to compromise GNU/Linux, and due to Systemd as a project moving way too fast, it can't be properly audited.
web.archive.org/web/20170724100245/https://muchweb.me/systemd-nsa-attempt/

For more links and arguments, see:
without-systemd.org/wiki/index.php/Arguments_against_systemd

>muh unix philosophy just isn't an argument anymore if you're using Linux.
t. just wants a winshit clone

Back to suckless.org with you

>unix is ricer garbage

Please, go ahead and tell me how the Linux kernel follows the unix philosophy
Hard mode: without anime pics

> I know everything in my Linux kernel
> except for millions of lines unaudited code and nsa helping develop it

Only fedora has the SElinux stuff enabled

There are some presentation videos about it made by Lennart himself on GoyT.

This. Systemd is botnet garbage. But this thread is obvious astroturfing so don't expect these """fellow anons"""" to listen.

GNU/Shepherd.

>> except for millions of lines unaudited code and nsa helping develop it

explain.

>MacOS X is not Unix

it's a systemdeal