Windows 10 completely obsolete?

I haven't used windows in quite a bit but decided to install it quickly to flash my bios, since there's a simple .exe that does all the work for you, i thought why not.
As I would always, i disabled some services before beginning, but the next day I was stumped to see they were turned back on. I then tried disabling these services (windows update, firewall, etc) with group policies, what do you know? They were back to enabled the next day. I blocked all microsoft ips with the hosts file, deleted most of the update .dll files in system32, and voila, restart, everything is back to normal! It's not surprising and I'm not even mad, I get why they're doing it but.. At least let small bunch of users that really don't want your settings enabled turn them off. I don't get it. 99% of the population using this operating system have no idea how to even reschedule updates, why go the lengths they have now, not allowing us few disable their proprietary updates? I don't like being pestered with them, I don't need a firewall or windows defender, but there's nothing I can do now?
I don't play videogames, I use windows as a dualboot OS very seldom, and that's when I decide to use something /only/ made for windows. I don't want to fucking wait for 20 minutes every time I try to boot into it.
Have I missed something? It wasn't this bad last year. You could still disable all their shit with the services and most telemetry with 3rd party software, what happened? Is there a way to actually still disable their shit, or is 10 just unusable at this point for the few like me?

Other urls found in this thread:

winprivacy.de/english-home/
a.doko.moe/qiriwe.iso
microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48231
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Had the same experience recently.I'll def abandon Windows.I never used it much,and I'm just disgusted rn.I don't want to lay my eyes on this degenerate piece of shit no more.Good riddance.

Try not running the programs associated with the services after boot and reboot.
Lots of programs enable themselves back either by user logon script or directly enabling the service. An example is Iobit

Yeah that's the thing, I've been on Linux for the longest time but recently copped a hdd caddy and thought "why not". Even the firewall service, completely unnecessary for advanced users, just re-enabled itself before my fucking eyes and asked if I wanted to allow firefox to work properly. What a joke.

Says the user for the 194728th time

i just deleted system32 completely and that did the trick

> obsolete

I don't think you know what that word means.

Never had this problem with legit Windows. Are you using a cracked version?

get ltsb desu, normal windows 10 is pure cancer

Are there any performance differences between, let's say pro & ltsb? I'm aware of what it is and what it means, but not sure if it'll perform the same, perhaps due to the whole point of ltsb, it's not as optimized for 3d applications, maybe?

It is definately more light weight since it's essentially debloated windows 10 i run it on 3 of my systems but i dont know what the performance is like to stock windows 10 although it does run better than win7 imo. It also doesnt fuck with your settings every update

Sounds great, I'll give it a shot later this evening. Really sick and tired of the current path windows is heading, hopefully ltsb is gonna be the answer, at least for the time being.

these days i use windows purely to run solidworks
currently i'm using a heavily stripped down copy of 10 ent ltsb 2016 done using ntlite, which i don't connect to the internet
things like defender and cortana are just removed outright

It doesn't fuck with settings every update because to actually update it you need to wait for the next LTSB version and install it.
Any updates you do get are routine monthly updates which never impact settings like the two major updates a year tend to do.

make sure you dont get ltsb n, just normal ltsb since n doesnt support any media codecs. also youll need a regedit to get photoviewer back

it still gets security updates anything else is poontless bloat

Use this: winprivacy.de/english-home/

Got a link?

i did it myself, though i've been asked before, so i did upload it somewhere
now that i've been using it a bit, there's a few things i'd want to change, haven't bothered yet since it is doing the job of running SW fine
the ntlite configuration is included in the ISO, if you want to mess with it
a.doko.moe/qiriwe.iso
oh yea, it is the N edition as well, i'm pretty sure you can install the media stuff manually if you need them

if you're curious, sshot i took after making it
oh hell, that was a year ago already

>oh yea, it is the N edition as well
Well shit. Thanks anyway.

Why would you use the build-in codecs anyway?

last i checked, N just doesn't include windows media player and some codecs, which i doubt anything but perhaps microsoft games use anymore, you can install them from this if you run into something that does need them
microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48231

Afaik you can download the codec pack straight for microsoft, but there are some issues that come with it sometimes.

Oh well I'll give it a try.

You can't block IPs with the hosts file, are you stupid

you can also generate a new iso by using the ntlite config with the non-N edition of ltsb 2016

>Windows 10 of all operating systems
>Caring about security updates

i dont care kek but that user i replied to seemed to think its a bad thing that ltsb never gets updates