Did this kill the coffee capsule-like idea for natural juice, and overall the high-end home gadgets enthusiasm?

Did this kill the coffee capsule-like idea for natural juice, and overall the high-end home gadgets enthusiasm?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_Cp-BGQfpHQ
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3379616/
completefoods.co/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>destroying natural fiber to create juice
Enjoy your diabetes

top fucking kek, that juice maker made me lose my sides.

Isn't better just buy a juice squeezer?

Lel I think Ivanka Trump even shilled for this thing.

would have sold a couple millions if it had the apple logo

You say that, but it almost did. The design was like it, it was featured in Apple communities, the CEO of the company was a personal friend of Steve Jobs, many people associated with Apple talked about it, it targeted the same demographic, etc. It didn't succeed.

I think it was just a bad timing. There is lot of tech hate going on right now because of uber, facebook and all the other silicon valley bullshit. This stupid juicer got caught up in the same hate cycle. A slightly different timing and it would have had become a success like those coffee capsules.

nah mate, the reason it failed was because it was complete bullshit and even hand squeezed their own brand packages gave equal result, and it was overpriced as FUCK and over-engineered.

the coffe machines cost like $100 and the capsules 30 cents this thing was like 10 times more expensive

Coffee-capsules are all that yet people buy that shit

That's because the coffee capsules are already an industry worth gigabillions, there is economies of scale
How much did the first capsules cost? I bet that shit was expensive

not quite and not as expensive

The capsules make sense if you want a cup and don't want to fiddle with a drip maker. Also they sell reusable capsules for your own grounds

If this business model had succeeded, and they had people adopt the machine, I'm sure they'd sell vacuum packages so you can make and carry your own juice "capsules".

always thought they want to milk the bags. Who cares about what do you use to press them? The QR code was pure bs though, I don't recall coffee capsules having that anti feature

The best part is that the machine is entirely irrelevant since you could literally just squish the cartridges with your hands, overcoming the expensive smart phone app integrated paperweight that only serves to DRM your juice and look nice on your kitchen counter to validate one's fragile consumption based identity

So I don't understand this product. They put fruit/vegetables into a bag and then you could squeeze them with a machine to make mixed juices?

No, they put juice into a bag that the machine will only squeeze out if the DRM allows you to. You can also just squeeze it out with your hands. If it had been raw fruits/vegetables this might not have tanked so hard.

Yes. The machine was $500 and wifi enabled. The bags were $8.

>an espresso machine is entirely irrelevant, since i can just brew my own coffee on the stove top
>nobody would ever purchase or use this useless trash

Or an even easier argument for rice cookers, one of the most popular kitchen appliances worldwide, a machine dedicated to making the easiest ever meal to cook on a stove top - a fucking pot of rice - slightly easier.

coffee capsules have actual advantages, primarily:

you can store them for a long time.

people that rarely drink coffee but want to offer them to guests buy them.

DRM!

FOR YOUR JUICER!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

They make premium quality juice from premium ingredients, and they send it to you in a package that has QR codes for where the fruit came from, when it was packaged, what farms gave the fruit, ideas for cocktails and serving suggestions, etc.
The machine is just a red herring, something to hook people in, the packaged juice with the app is what mattered. They could've had it as a free phone app, instead they sold it installed on a dedicated kitchen tabletop thing.

>coffee capsules have actual advantages, primarily:
>you can store them for a long time.

You can store coffee in an airtight container in your fridge for up to a year before the taste and flavor changes.

>jewsero

Or 50 years in a jar on a shelf, if its dehydrated (instant) coffee, which is what most households have. Why you'd store a commodity thats sold in every single commercial venue is another question. Anywhere I've lived or worked, I could've purchased coffee within 3 minutes of walking.

Keurig sells coffee grounds. It is not a finished product. You have to drip hot water over it. If you don't want to bother with cleaning a filter and a coffee pot, and you only want to make one cup of coffee a Keurig is convenient. It's wasteful and slightly more expensive, but it does actually do something and saves you the bother and time of having to clean up a filter and a pot without being more expensive than a cup of coffee from starbucks or maccas. This juicer takes a finished product and does nothing to it. In fact, it seems easier just to pour the juice into a cup yourself, so the product seems like it's actually worse than nothing.

What are you even talking about?

Actually I think they wanted to make a shitty cheap plastic thing for the machine, but then they got 100+ million dollars as investments, so they felt compelled to deliver something better to justify the money.
Its a kickstarter disease, you have a solid and good product that people want, but then you get so much money that you'd be called out on only delivering the original vision, so you have to artificially make it more expensive not to be called a fraud.

Europeans think that eating a whole fruit is better than only drinking the juice, because all the ballast in it supposedly aids the body in handling the huge sugar load.
Europeans will thus argue with you that juices are unhealthy, as you are getting a lot of sugar without the fiber that usually supports it, and your body is unable to absorb it all and it suffers from the shock.

tl;dr Europeans can't afford juice.

rice is trickier to cook than a lot of stuff
I've burnt rice, I've never burnt pasta, potatoes, soup, ....

>put rice in pot
>put water in pot
>turn on heat
>when water is about to run out, turn off heat

?????
are you like that one homer simpson gif?

youtube.com/watch?v=_Cp-BGQfpHQ

Here's a video where some guy takes one apart and is like
>I can't get it to work because the Wi-Fi is down

Yeah, because a rice cooker is more similar to this thing which literally only applies pressure than a juicer.

It's a little more than slightly easier, it's a set and forget appliance that does a consistently better job than a person can do. The same goes for a coffee maker. A coffee maker will make a consistently better cup of coffee than a stove top percolator.

The Jucero is likely easier to use than squeezing the bag, but really does nothing different in terms of quality. though I guess you could say that the bag itself is the product.

1. Rice cookers have a ton of functions to make your rice better.
2. Rice doesn't come prepackaged and overpriced unless you're a filthy African-American who only buys Uncle Ben's, and even then it's not a weekly fucking subscription.

They're right.

t. Chinese traditional medicine practitioner

>though I guess you could say that the bag itself is the product.
You could only get it direct from the company and only if you already bought the machine for 700/400 dollars.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3379616/
I don't understand what Europeans have to do with what you're saying, but fructose has no negative effect on glycemic control and diabetes.

You can't put too much water in, the rice will get disgusting that way.

you're literally just buying juice in a package, it's an off-brand fancy capri sun that cannot be packed efficiently
It didn't kill shit

there are some with a barcode scanner that can be used to make automatically different kinds of coffee, from an espresso to a coffee mug.

That's some beautiful design right there.

>here's a good reason why drinking juice is not as healthy as eating fruit
>nvm disregard it
>no arguments against it
>they're just poor
?????

No, it has fruit slices in the package.
It has to be squeezed first.

But that dumb machine squeezes it in the most inefficient way possible.

There's more than juice. I think they sell some pulp solution, packaged and conserved such that it lasts long, and then you squeeze it with their machine and its like fresh juice (as advertised)!
Fresh juice of the shelf that you bought weeks ago has potential.

t. schizophrenia

I don't know man, I still drink orange juice with extra pulp because I feel like it helps with all that sugar.

It's the food additives that are legal in the US and China but pesticides everywhere else.

>i think they sell

I don't think they sell anything anymore.

I'm not so good with your varied round-eye accents. Where is this guy from? (what is he?)

Says Canada on his Aboot page. Sounds like some Australian colonial Anglo though.

It's true though. Juice is no better than soda.
And as if the natural sugars weren't enough, people sweeten juice too.

yes, why the fuck would anyone even want that?
If I want natural juice, i'll buy it in the carton or in a bottle... it's just the same shit in a very expensive package that you need an otherwise completely useless machine to open.
If I want FRESH juice, i'll go squeeze a fucking orange... that and an organge doesn't come with BS DRM schemes.

it's very practical for people that can't or don't drink much coffee...

>Also they sell resuable capsules for your own grounds.
what? where? which models? o_0

>wifi
that will likely mean the software is insecure as fuck.. however it could likely be hacked into a very slow bitcoin miner

they are usually quicker than most ceramic stovetops and use less water.
Nevertheless young japanese people often make complete meals with rice cookers because they don't have a proper kitchen... so it isn't entirely useless...

they're also good if you're single and just want a cuppa once in a while... plus it's loads better than instant.
regular coffee can last ~2 years if stored properly in a sealed, opaque container...
Vacuum-sealed, unopened bags even longer.
You shouldn't store coffee in the fridge, the moisture in there will spoil the coffee quicker.

it's no argument. there is no such thing as "premium" ingedients unless you get off the sofa and find apples yourself. Also you have no way to verify the claims that the app makes of where the juice came from other than to blindly trust the company...

>Buy my joos xD

>its not real juice, unless you tile the earth and wait 20 years and pick the apple yourself!!!!!
>but i buy imported coffee and meat that spent a month in warehouses, thats totally different

Retard.
You can buy good juice, stop with this selective stupid ITS ONLY GOOD IF AN AMATEUR MAKES IT IN HIS AMATEUR KITCHEN, SCALE IS EVIL, when you are only applying it to one thing.

>You can buy good juice
WRONG. OJ is just as bad for you as pepsi is. It's nothing but sugar.

1. coffee is a little addictive, people will come to love their machine instinctively is it give them a fix even if it's not the best. Juice plays more on the guilt of not being healthy.
2. the bags don't keep, thus negating all the advantages over buying bottled juice

That's it. The rest of the flaws people would have gobbled up like any apple-like product. It's really a testament to how bad it was that even lemmings didn't try and argue it had convenience value.

I never understood why people like "making" their own juice, it's just a big waste of time, i'd rather just eat an apple or literally anything else then making a shitty juice.

obsessed

ULTRA
PROCESSED
FOOD

FUCK YEAH

>a render
in the real world that thing would be greasy, dusty, and very unstable

I know of this, it's pretty shit.
Also why do all companies that sell non-food products have to add artificial flavors? Why can't it just taste like water, you know, nothing?

That's basically what original soylent is, but people bitched and complained about not having flavor options until they eventually added them.

Also, for something that's suppose to substitute real food, it's already failed to present itself as an alternative when it shows itself as a premium product.
People that don't care about eating wouldn't pay extra for a fancy display or a fancy package.

ALSO, it wouldn't be hard to make your own soylent mixture, just buy some chicken, veggies, boiled that shit to oblivion and then freeze it.

idiots want to taste fruits. But not to eat them.

Mana > Soylent

Why?

companies are not 100% guilty that they sell shit. They give 70% of the info about the shit that sell and it is enough to stop eat it, but we don't care and enjoy Haribos and Lays.
I love Haribos, damn!

Don’t mind me, just pirating this juice

>significantly more expensive
>less available
>starter kit costs even more
>oils need to be mixed in
What about this is better?

There are times when something like this can come in handy. Sometimes I have to skip lunch because of back to back classes, and drinking this soylent stuff would be better than just not eating at all. Obviously it isn't a full on food replacement, but it does have uses.

drink coffee like a normal man, you fucking faggot

>Obviously it isn't a full on food replacement
I spent two months a few years ago eating nothing but soylent. It's a perfectly fine food replacement.

how can you trademark the word mana?

>fiber has not importance for digestion
so this is the power of american education, wow.

>skip lunch
or you could just make a lunchbox

This isn't Japan or elementary school

Coffee has zero nutritional value.

Is there any downside to replacing a single daily meal with something like Soylent? besides the price, obviously

That it doesn't have soy in the name, probably.

neither does soylent you estrogen-laced pansy boy

Current diet :
>different kinds of grains and nuts with yogurt several times a day
>one big meal where i eat a steak or chicken breast or some other piece of meat
>fruits and vegetables
i'm finding myself eating more and more sugary things after i stopped buying soda

The only downside is that Sup Forums will make fun of you

rice cookers and coffee machines are like 50 bucks, not 700.

retard.

your stomach would probably shrink, also soylent has several times been in the news for not having the nutrient people needed, some people got deficiencies from it, others got too much of something.
Problem with making one-size-fit-all solutions like this is that people do need slight variations in how much of something they get.
They should offer pills to be taken on a need basis to counter these sideeffects

You could probably make your own mixture, buy some protein powder, multivitamin and mix them together, some fiber from grains can be mixed into the pot too

soylent isn't coffee

There is in fact an entire community dedicated to crafting their only meal replacements: completefoods.co/

Coffee doesn't fill you up. I drink coffee too.

ITT: eating real food is too hard, better eat GMO garbage sold by jewish companies.

literally amerisoys.

The desks are tiny. There is no way to eat and tske notes at the same time.

>Is there any downside to replacing a single daily meal with something like Soylent?
I don't know. I don't want to know either.
You can eat fungus until you eatone that can kill you too.

Soyboy here, also interested to hear this.

>>oils need to be mixed in
Soylent 1.0 did this and I actually feel like those were much much better than when they switched to powder only ones.

I switched to the 2.0 as soon as it came out, then later got some of the 1.7 powder to try, to see if they made significant change. It was pretty terrible in taste even with added things like chocolate powder, it's what I imagine algae taste like as an aftertaste. 1.0 was something I actually enjoyed on its own.

As for starter kit, if you only have to buy it once who cares.

Being more expensive overall is a problem though, more cost = less meals = less healthy if you depend on them.

you don't need too eat all the time, dude. 2 good meals at day is enough.

The last time I tried Mana I appreciated its basic taste. Like old school Soylent.
It might have changed since.

the juice pusher definitely has it's niche

i understand they want to make big profit money but if they want a wide acceptance they really have to compete with real food.
Do you think they intentionally don't care about making cheaper products and instead try to milk the costumer? Does bottles look more -design- than anything

They over-engineered the juicer to the point where they had to sell it at a loss, which meant they had to make the juice packs overpriced. Obviously they didn't want the device to work with third-party packs, otherwise they couldn't have made their money back, so they made the juicer only work with their juice packs, which also meant it had to be connected to the internet to work, as their excuse was that they have to make sure the juice packs haven't expired or been recalled. It wasn't bad timing, it was bad design.

drinks soylent > gets weak > needs tools to open bottles > drinks soylent