He installed windows 10

>he installed windows 10

Other urls found in this thread:

gnu.org/proprietary/malware-apple.en.html
ghacks.net/2018/03/08/report-forced-windows-10-version-1709-upgrades-that-bypass-windows-update/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Based Microsoft.

"S" like in sucker?

Why the fuck would Microsoft assume that?
Most users want to be able to install software not locked to their shit store
How out of touch are they with their consumers, Jesus they are turning into Apple.

>Most users want to be able to install software not locked to their shit store
Wrong. Most users are facebooking retards that don't do anything but facebook and email and would be happy to never have to think about software and installing anything.

I'd rather have people use their shitty store than getting a zillion trojans from download dot com and then swarming everywhere with their stupid questions.

But then again, they will always say shit about whatever problem they have cause they are braindead.

what the fuck is S mode,

Most people would probably be happier with safe mode because they wouldnt brick their systems all the time, they should make you take an iq test before you can unlock normal mode

You can only install things from microsoft's android market

Because they're looking at sheer statistics and not just gamers.
S mode is beneficial for all desktops in office and education spaces for instance and those vastly outweigh any consumer use. But this isn't even counting those that just buy a lot of these devices just to browse the web and watch some netflix too.

It was initially a separate version (that you got with machine purchases, in which you had to pay $50 to upgrade to mainline versions) of windows that not only prevented the installation of unvetted apps but also made some security changes to what can actually execute on the system and the process drivers have to go through.
Now though it's just a mode that basically prevents use of outside-the-store apps, although I don't know if they're also making any other changes to it like requiring a clean install to prevent above mentioned custom drivers.

>Implying you're smart enough to pass

Kek. If I ever had a virus I would just use mac os. I never had one BECAUSE I used mac os, but using Windows now and will probably go back to mac os if it got a virus but I'm security concious (hence mac os) so not as vulnerable as this target audience

Opinions aside, this type of control can eliminate probably 99.99% of viruses and malware worldwide so unless you have a better idea get the fuck used to it and stop acting like the right to bear unrestricted technology is written into the constitution

>fagOS
Found your virus.
gnu.org/proprietary/malware-apple.en.html

I literally know nobody who uses the Windows store. That said, my friends and family tend not to be retarded.

No, more like, S for Spyware.

>nobody who uses the Windows store
It's called the microsoft store.
And your statement doesn't really mean much since you know a grand total of 0 people (your tulpas are invalid).

I don't give a fuck what's it's called. I also don't give a fuck about your opinions.

>literally the ONLY thing that keeps Windows alive is the diversity of its software environment and legacy catalog

>let's just ban all of it #YOLO
What the fuck are these people doing

>the diversity of its software environment and legacy catalog
It's actually corporate/office and OEM lock in.
Companies replace their Windows PCs with Windows PCs because it just works, and it's cost efficient.

None of that applies when there's a new version being rolled out. I have you been in a corporate environment during a Windows "upgrade" before? It's pandemonium.

He's right kek
Let's go to the windows one, oh my PC crashed trying to open it

Then why would they use windows, laptop or a desktop

increasingly they don't, especially the younger they are, but a lot of people have a PC of some sort still, possibly a decade or so old one but that doesn't matter if all you do is facebook, they will gladly hop on the S mode dick instantly because MS marketing knows how to play those idiots like a fiddle, they will roll out some social media gimmick selfie App or whatever and run some spooky ads about pic related trying to steal their identity and overnight the masses will be running windows S

They expect it because they're going to force the shit out of like the windows 10 upgrade.

Lmao, apple plays young generation like a fiddle.

Pick one faggot and stick with it

Good. Makes security updates easier than blatantly releasing OS left right and center like Microsoft does to try remain relevant

>get the fuck used to it
And this is exactly what Microsoft is going to be saying. I've read the articles, and if you're experienced enough, and old enough, you can 100% tell what is coming down the line.

First, system S was just a "mode" that you could use at your discrection. Now S can be used, but only if you restrict yourself to the Microsoft Store. The next phase will be, S will be standard, and you will only be able to use apps from the Microsoft Store. You will have no choice. And Microsoft will say "Get the @#$% used to it."

Yeah sure just like the majority of people enjoyed windows rt.

The moment when we'll need to jailbreak our desktop OS is finally comming

Another microsoft thing destined to fail.

Either Microsoft is retarded when it comes to consumers side or it's just marketing bullshit

>this type of control can eliminate probably 99.99% of viruses and malware worldwide
How did you determine that, given that the OS itself is malware by definition?

Windows RT was for tablets, had no desktop and was completely in metro. Windows 10 S has a desktop. To say that the Windows Store hasn't changed at all since then is dishonest.

Yeah just like the android store where 80% of apps are malware

S for soy

Is pirated metro app already a thing?

Win 7 master race

>80% of apps are malware
Only because android is actually pretty fucking passive, it was only really until v. 4 that they started to start restricting things.
Windows currently is the opposite, they're in the process of unrestricting things.

Not that the store is amazing mind you, they still have very low standards but it's a pretty different scenario.

It's hard to like MSFT or their approach to users when you used XP, 7 and GNU/Linux before. You just can't get rid of that feeling of being trated like a retard all the time.

>being trated like a retard all the time.
hmm

Year of the GANOO + Loonix Gaymen Desktop CONFIRMED!

true

basically they're turning computers into locked down appliances like android phones.

I've actually had some of my normie friends ask me about Linux. One of them switched to Mint as a main OS, some are dualbooting Ubuntu.

>my normie friends
yikes
your comment is meant to sound like a good thing, but there's no way to interpret it as positive when it's actually really fucking shitty normies are about to also ruin everything good about linux

they are trying to get rid of all the malware and virueses on that platform.

Hopefully they just stick with the shit distros like Mint and Ubuntu.

Why not just educate people on computers?

>Why not just educate people on computers?

aaaaaaaaaaand that's how we have "Girls who Code" initiatives

Microsoft also expects everyone will run Edge.

>a version of windows that's extremely limiting and treats the user like a child

So it's literally no different?

Taking away the only reason Windows became so universal.

>so universal
except it really hasn't honestly
ios is far more universal than it
people keep vastly overestimating the global impact desktops and windows had, largely because I assume they're gamers who don't know much about the world

if apple got their shit together and made more enterprise software for ipads, shit.. offices would have absolutely zero sign of windows

And what's wrong with those? Women are typically worse at technology. Having groups for them helps more of them improve.

Nice bait m8.

There's nothing b8 about the simple fact that mobile platforms have trumped any impact desktops have made.
Quite literally, when internet providers get their shit together and streaming services have the freedom to take off, we won't even be playing games natively anymore. It'll be amazing.

>He can't afford Common Senseā„¢

Windows is nearly worthless without its large software library and backwards compatibility. Haven't they already tried and failed with those crappy W8 tablets which couldn't run shit but store "apps"? Who the fuck buys a computer or "upgrades" their existing computer to W10 in order to have as much functionality as some tablet?

>Windows is nearly worthless without its large software library and backwards compatibility
guess that's why it's going for free lmao

This will kickstart the Windows store by being the default on every computer. Businesses will still have the option to upgrade their OS for the backwards compatibility functionality.

that's pretty genius from their POV if true
but knowing them, they'll fuck up execution and make it difficult to switch

I really hate that almost no vendor offers OS free laptops
like I'm going to use some gimped home version without group policies

watching IT guys during those days reminds me why I finished university

Bill Gates herd of nigger cattle will probably accept this.

You are being factually incorrect, by the way. In the last few years, Windows is straight up more secure than MacOS, despite the latter being targeted 1/10 as often at best.
The whole "only use app store" shtick could've been adequate, weren't app store filled with useless garbage. There's literally no point in using any of, say, archiver apps in the store over 7zip as the latter is completely free, had no ads, has better functionality and it is faster. But 7zip isn't in the store, as the store is filled with scam-tier shit. In fact, the shit the store is filled with looks anything but "secure" to me.
Edge is another thing. Like I could get over using it, but I can't. There are minimal differences in the actual web browsing experience when using Chrome, Firefox, or Opera. But Edge is shit in its primary functionality.

Trying to be like Google and Apple, but failing miserably!

Soy

>install windows
>now can't install linux because that would mean using rufus and that's a no-no

Source on article?

Soy mode

So high protein and healthy lifestyle edition?

As usual Sup Forums is wrong about everything.

But they already tried this with Windows RT, and it failed.

Horribly.

For all those complaining about store apps 10 s supports 32bit pieces of normal windows software

> Why the fuck would Microsoft assume that?
It's probably less about assuming people will choose to use it and more "we will make you use it whether you want to or not".

>tfw Win7+Ubuntu dual boot
fgm

>"Get the @#$% used to it."
You can swear on here my dude, you won't get downvoted for not censoring your language. If it is your parents that are in the room they are probably deadbeats and obviously don't care since your on Sup Forums, also what right would they have to tell you off, you are 28-35 years old adult.

Also gtfo Sup Forums faggot

hell you mean.
I already refuse to play most games online if lag can at all be to blame for me failing, I fucking hate being able to blame anything but myself.

Only possible if it's opt-out and not the opposite. But it's Microsoft, that's to be expected.

I've disabled updates and blocked requests by Windows servers, so there is not really any issue if they decide to force it in a new update. Only reason I have Windows in the first place is to play games, which is rare. ArchLabs is my daily.

Them doing this makes them stoop down to chromeos levels, which is hillarious and sad, but hey, maybe people will start using gnu/linux instead

Pc sales have been going up for the last couple of years, it is a sad realization that 90% of people on the world as dumb as bricks, but noone is forcing you to asossiate with them

This is why linux is better even for normies

I hope that they won't force s mode on already purchased windows 10 home/pro operating systems.

it's horrifying, but
1) they can make it work
--that is to say, most people are sheep who won't mind or notice they are being moved off to a locked down Apple-store like managed ecosystem
2) it would be amazing if they can get it to work because we would finally be freed of decades of lagacy cruft
that means immeasurable benefits in therms of maintaiablility, security, and speed/efficiency

I love freedumbs, but I'm actually rooting for Microshaft here

I dualboot windows and ubuntu, if the first one becomes unusable shit, I'll use the other one. It's always good to have plan B.

They wont do that, dont worry.

Lol, they will. Just the way they reset your settings after every update, they will flip that toggle for your safety as well.

Microsoft is lazy and greedy but not stupid. Microsoft is aware this will ruin their PR.

They now force 1709 down their user's throat:
ghacks.net/2018/03/08/report-forced-windows-10-version-1709-upgrades-that-bypass-windows-update/
You think they won't do that with a mere policy?

I'd rather use a Chromebook than use "S mode".

>maybe people will start using gnu/linux instead
I hope they won't. Comfy af in my secret h@x0r club.

I keep using Windows less and less all the time, so I don't know if I even would notice this change. I pretty much boot to it to play Overwatch and that's about it. I wish that game would work in Linux but I haven't been able to get it to work.

This is why winphone failed, because people found the idea of a poor man's Apple to be offensive

There's nothing particularly wrong with Windows 'apps', contrary to popular belief they can be desktop and even command line, but this is all for nothing if they keep out the desktop programs people really use. In true Ms hypocrisy, edge and friends is allowed on Google's store, but chrome and the like is forbidden from the Ms store.

MS out of touch with reality. More at 11.

Yeah and Apple would be a much better choice for them.

I think this is true, most normies without any real capacity to think are now becoming incredibly disconnected form core technology and gravitating towards simplified UIs they can just mash away at like a zombie.

There's something to be said for rounding them all up and cramming them like cattle into ringfenced safe zone where they can limit the damage that's done.

With botnets becoming an increasing problem and viruses and trojans becoming more sophistocated it's in all our best interest to farm the stupid users into this technology where they can't use their stupidity to do any real damage.

Meanwhile the power users are going to use the regular desktop like they always have, the power users are a tiny percentage of the overall users.

>fucking implying
The whole point of Windows is that it runs your shit, that's literally the only reason to use it; decades of fucking programs. This is literally pants on head retarded. You might as well just install Linux Mint instead of use "S"hit mode.

>what is developer mode
>what is windows server

MS is only trying to insulate all the retards using and breaking their systems.

>You might as well just install Linux Mint instead of use "S"hit mode.

the funny thing is that even with the S mode, windows is infinitely more usable than whatever cobbled together freetard shit you're shilling