Air Force Cyber Systems Operator (AFSC 3D0X2) just finished technical training shipping to my first duty station soon

Air Force Cyber Systems Operator (AFSC 3D0X2) just finished technical training shipping to my first duty station soon.
AMA

>AMA
Wasn't your creed "don't ask, don't tell" ?

I really hope this is bait.

The airman's creed has nothing to do with a policy regarded gays in the military tho

No one cares. The NSA has better tools and skills and the private sector makes more money.

who is better the airforce or the army for cy ber shit?

Cyber warfare is Airforce>Navy>Army

that's the old policy regarding being gay in the military. however we now accept everyone equally.
it's not buddy
NSA preforms a different task, and yes you can argue that however the full coverage health insurance, almost guaranteed promotion, and allowances for food and housing make it worth while

what did they teach you to do? how rigorous/quality is the training and education?

Air Force hands down. There are some great opportunities in the Army but if it comes down to it AF.

Basic networking, server maintenance, and networking concepts. I also earned my Security+ cert, which took lots of studying being someone whose never done comm though.

wat are the chances of the NSA taking you in if you were in the airforce gay cyber chair squads.

>being this much of a cuck
Enjoy your grunt work, faggot.

if you think about he got gold, cause instead of just being normal it or sysadmin, he get meme benefits and a pension.

>Cyber system operator
So you are a help desk ticket jockey and yet you are owned by the government.
Have fun I guess.

Gz dude! Are there any major differences on the tools that you use compared to civilian world? Can you specialize further, like SIGINT or is it just "plain hacking" that you guys do?

likely, there are many positions available at NSA sites directly as a 3D0X2
thats the mentality
not necessarily. it's a lot like civilian networking, with more security because muh govt

"Plain hacking"
At best this guy is going to be running attacks by reading a script someone smarter than him wrote, and running the commands it tells him to line by line
At worst he's going to be installing cables as helpdesk

First of all it is a compita cert which is easy and second of all everyone knows the military instructors use brain dump sites to ensure their retard students pass a brain dead test.

Should have gotten an A+ or a CNNA andyou would have gotten a good non cuck job.

I think I would rather join the navy, the air force is kill,cause the pilot dream is dead to non-mantels.

whats the password?

It's a good alternative to being a prostitute for a politician then, prostitutes don't get a pension yet they still take government dick up their asses.

rude! ~

Tell us about the autonomous air defense grid program, I heard its like really smart like smarter than us. And that it can control all the drones at once.

You guys still use Metasploit?

Is it really necessary to such a dick about this, at least the guy achieved something and started a career for himself? Is corporate dick somehow better than government dick?

It is when the government dick and send you to jail for showing up late or being owned by the government for at least 8 years.

Yeah sure selling yourself out to corporate american isn't much better but at least I get to live in a nice city filled with white people and don't have to deal with niggers. Too bad the city is filled with sjws

>implying an A+ cert actually means something
ill take govt dick anyday. more job security

What will you do when you realize the US army massively spies on US and EU citizens illegally? Will you have the courage to go full Snowden of just do what you're told to do like a good doggo?

love your anti govt enthusiasm, signed a 4 year contract, getting my full bachelors durning my 4 years, getting career experience, please tell me how your mums basement is?

what's your clearance level?

>selling your life to the jews

if the spying is what's necessary to counter terrorism spying it is. if you're not doing anything illegal you have nothing to worry about. snowden wasn't a hero and merely copied files onto a hard drive.

I got a scholarship for a 4 year university out of high school for being a woman and wanting to do computers. finished with a CS degree at 23 and make over 110k a year.

Enjoy being a government slave while i go stroke my dick which will soon be a vagina.

Literally fpbp

Likely secret, potentially top secret depending on his assignment/duty location

Who defines what is terrorism and what isn't?
Should the YPG kurds be considered terrorists by Turkey (NATO)? Should the PKK?
Was the Florida school shooting terrorism or is it just when killers are brown or muslims?
Should BLM or the Alt-Right be considered terrorists and be spied?
Are Palestinians terrorists or freedom fighters?
Why do you think you're entitled to define what's good or bad, just and moral?

I also did my 4 years in the Air Force, wanted them to pay for my education.

I was fully aware that the US spies on its own citizens, I was functionally a part of it. I didn't really care.

I considered joining the AF and going for 3D0X1 or 3D0X2, what kind of education/experience did you have before you got in? I'm still within the age limit to join and I have a few years' experience in networking now...

I read somewhere that the military does some form of satellite hacking these days to eavesdrop on other countries communications, how do you get a position like that?

You literally do not need any prior experience to enlist for any job in the armed forces. All you need to do is qualify

Practically everyone spies their own citizens these days

That's also a reason I didn't care that much. China does it, Russia does, the UK does it, Germany does it...

IS IT REALLY TRUE THAT CIANIGGERS GLOW IN THE DARK

>Everyone else does it so it's ok!!!!

Whats the pay like for that kind of position.

Its like this you dunce
>do you break shit during protest?
You're a terrorist
>do you hurt random masses unprovoked to push an ideology?
You are a terrorist
Read the black law and webster dictionary for the word terrorism instead of assuming shit you ass.

I didn't say it's ok, it's just a fact. But what the fuck do you do with all that data, I mean it must the most boring shit imaginable. Just think how mundane shit Billy Bob Average does online?

Pay is by rank, E1, the lowest possible rank makes like 20k a year.

>Ctrl+f bomb, shoot, and president
>put any comm with this^ onto a watchlist
Pretty much this

But also remember these key features
Barracks are free
Chowhall is free
Medical/dental/vision is free
Tax returns
That 20k you see alot more of when you compare to civilians making same wage.

Chowhall aint free nigga they take $300 out of my paycheck every month

Not to mention free schooling/certification and free* college after discharge.
*part of this comes out of your pay regularly but not that much

Only thing you should care about is CLEP

Thats still pretty low for a well built healthy individual desu.

Name, ID, and rank

I used to think that way while I was in, but now that I'm out it's really easy to make a lot more money with a lot less hours and still come out with a lot more savings.
I will say military experience was worth it though.

is that a mac

>Cyber Systems
>Cyber

Corporate world separates IAMs and IATs.

>literally everything im studying but free and 4 year job security
Well shit you just got a new service member.

How is this not getting more replies lmao. Best fpbp I've seen in a while.

>AMA
Why dont you post a decent sized image?

Is it fun defending country of immigrants?

What's getting a security clearance like? I've been keen on the idea of serving my country, but I'm worried my history of shitposting and irl-shitposting might preclude me.

Its pretty fucking easy and they do it as soon as you talk to recruiter. As long as you are not part of some cult or gang you should be fine.

>as long as you're not part of a cult
Damn it.

Easy as long as you don't have massive debt, have been to prison, or have had a drug problem, or are foreign born

good job you are one step below a cia-nigger

Is "Have tried numerous drugs, plan on doing more drugs in a responsible way and when circumstances permit, but have no ongoing addictions" equivalent to "drug problems"?

Just say you've never done it, if you have no record. Even your recruiter will tell you to lie.

no don't admit anything

Also when you get to MEPS (Where you actually enlist) they WILL tell you about some bullshit about the "moment of truth", where you can confess to anything you may have lied about. This is literally a fucking lie and they WILL disqualify you on the spot if you crack and admit to something.

Just fucking deny everything.

gib training resources, thanks.

>Not going CCT or PJ
kill yourself

>Not going 18X or at least ranger option

loving
every
laugh

>IMPLYING THEIR CIANIGGER AI AUGMENTED DEEPLEARNING BRAIN WAVE READERS WONT CATCH HIM LYING

CANT USE A TINFOIL HAT CUS THEYLL SEE IT ON UR HEAD

Good luck bro. I almost did the same when I was 20. If I could go back Id enlist to get out of my basement. Hopefully once I get my degree ill have money to escape

Drone strikes on white males when?

kys leftypol

How did you get this MOS?

If it was anything like my experience: Luck

so tell, does the military use Linux, Windows, Custom Systems or a mix of all of them?

what's it like being a faggot?

Got it. Thanks mates, see you in Korea II: Nuclear Boogaloo

If I'm a tubby boi can I join? I'm not incapable of exercise, I've just let myself go recently.

No.
Maybe in the future though

Was dying part of your plan?

USAF 3D1X2 here, been working at one of the Network Ops Center (equivalent) for a few years.

AMAA for real answers, OP is just a boot who just finished training.

Greetings from the NOS.
You'll come to hate us in due time :)

>Sit at a desk underground
>Get assigned 2 hours of work a day, shitpost the other 6.
ok

It's complicated, but a junior enlisted living off base would be making something like the equivalent of 50k. Changes based on local CoL, not bad for no experience or qualifications.

All the normal computers are windows, the backend is a massive mix of everything imaginable.

>irl-shitposting
Otherwise known as being a retard?

DD-214 owner with the REAL answers here.
Everyone still in here's a faggot. The fuck y'all slaves doing on here.

>The fuck y'all slaves doing on here.
Shitposting at work, you should know this.

skatin' ass.

Do you work with the cyber police?

Are you guys gonna have to upgrade to Win 10 as well or are some systems exempt?

There's a big push going on right now to get the last of the systems bumped to W10.

Doesn't help that Microsoft keeps pushing the shittiest patches that break everything.

>dealing with RMF
No thanks bois

What will you even do?
What will you even do out of the military? IT? Field technician? I literally have zero idea even what your job is

seconding this post. I'm genuinely interested in as many details as you can/want to share.

3D0X2 is generally a server admin.
They can work on Windows, Linux, or depending on their assignment, they'll sometimes get stuck doing just one thing (like SCCM or AD).

You can pick up some certs like RedHat or Microsoft, and combined with your clearance, make pretty OK money on the outside.

3D1X2 (me) are generally network guys, though I've found myself being a linux admin just out of necessity/interest. Our jobs usually prepare us for cisco certs and network engineering type jobs.

In my squadron, we have different shops that manage things like enterprise firewall, AD, etc.