pastebin.com/8Yku80VL
>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Use the buyer's template
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Keyboard wiki
deskthority.net/wiki/Main_Page
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/)

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_1_15/141-5300283-1298761?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=mechanical numpad&sprefix=mechanical nump,aps,152&crid=1YZIWEWZZNAT2
winkeyless.kr/product/holtite/
aliexpress.com/item/Satan-pad-numpad-kit-RGB-PCB-numeric-pad-keypad-kit-mechanical-keyboard-pad-DIY-kit/32790798310.html
amazon.com/Mistel-Ergonomic-Mechanical-Keyboard-Switches/dp/B01KN6Q24I
deskthority.net/product-news-f44/kailh-releases-x-switch-pg1425-t18440.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

the keypuller link is toast for months now and we just keep him there, should we make our own collection of keysets?

kek i almost bought that for the lulz

well he died so the least we can do is honor his autism and keep it in.

Cherry browns are a valid switch choice and we shouldn't discriminate against brown users

I don't see the point of that pic. Why not just use a calculator?

cause they don't have RGBT lighting and speed switches

looks alive to me

Whats your opinion of cherry xlears anons? And how expansive is it to buy a mech? Is it more expansive than just buying a cheap one?

Oh hey, a relevant thread!

I just want a standard numpad with all the buttons where they should be and clicky + tactile mechanical switches, with an additional row above if able. Couldn't care less about backlighting. I like the style of my old Lenovo Enhanced Performance numpad, so a style and layout similar to that would be ideal.

amazon has a bunch of those
amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_1_15/141-5300283-1298761?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=mechanical numpad&sprefix=mechanical nump,aps,152&crid=1YZIWEWZZNAT2

Oh, and a format like that just isn't acceptable for me. I'm going to be using it with the left hand, and I prefer the larger buttons on standard numpads for my thumbs.

It would also be pretty cool if I would be able to swap switches as well.

he ded

how did i do

I know, but I was worried I was going to be buying a pile of shit that was going to break in three months, and wanted to know all my options.

I also would have liked greens or the ability to switch to greens, and I don't think any of the numpads on Amazon are capable of doing that.

He just updated his site, what do you think he meant by this?

actually he will wake up tomorrow, check his mail like every decent (((programmer)))) does then check the link and see all this shit

unless this thread moves fast enough

user how dumb are you?
you don't see that disgusting gap there?

Thanks! I'm gonna save that picture and the next time someone asks to see a truly retarded layout I'll post that

amerimutts are asleep right now. matt3o lives in some yuropoor country so he'll probably read it tomorrow

well you could go the DIY route and buy an NPKC numpad kit. Tho in order to get hot swap switches you need holtites

Holtites?

Also, this seems to be pretty much what I'm looking for. Where's a good place to buy them from?

Why did he feel the need to include this on his website?

these. If you're building a standard numpad you need 42 + another 42 for the LEDs if you want those
winkeyless.kr/product/holtite/
there are several DIY kits avalible. The NPKC one on aliexpress is the most common, but there are others like aliexpress.com/item/Satan-pad-numpad-kit-RGB-PCB-numeric-pad-keypad-kit-mechanical-keyboard-pad-DIY-kit/32790798310.html

Are there any split 60% kits like the Keebio Levinson? Looking for staggered layout.

the only ones I know are either ortholinear or 65%

might as well just buy a prebuilt and cannibalize that
amazon.com/Mistel-Ergonomic-Mechanical-Keyboard-Switches/dp/B01KN6Q24I

Like if you want a numpad, then get a keyboard with a numpad on it already...

wtf?

Costs too much and I don't like the layer bindings
Looking at the Levinson because it's like $50 since I already have caps.

but then I wont be able to put it in my pocket for quick calculations

What do you suggest?

n-no bully pls

wow

start over from scratch and embrace nonstandard keycaps since you already have a couple mismatched profiles

Here's a switch for scissor switch fags

deskthority.net/product-news-f44/kailh-releases-x-switch-pg1425-t18440.html

nice

>no cherry mount
What were they thinking?

>laptop with huge LGBT PBT keycaps

No right shift makes it trash

A ton of things make it trash.

I have a WASD Code with clears and Ducky One TKL with browns.

They are nice. The browns feel too mushy for me though.

The Code has white LEDS and feels built solid, but it did have a pretty bad key pinging when I first got it which I don't notice anymore.

The Ducky one is blue LEDS which I don't like as much and the brown switches are too sensitive for me. Plus I miss the tenkey pad when I am using it.

oops, mine is the tenkey version of the Code

Please

Behold, more functionality with even less horizontal space used.

I would use this.

>thiccpad

>HUEG left shift
No ty fampai

>this is what ISOcucks actually believe

Is this supposed to be funny?

>having literally less keys
But I don't mind ansi physical layout if it wasn't for the fact that I can't have ÅÄÖ and at the same time without some custom rebinding magic

>already have two buckling spring boards
>need something a little more quiet for when I feel courteous
r me some good linear or quieter tactile switches? Something with some weight to it.

Do I go Kaihl? Zeal? Topre?
Can't say I've enjoyed anything from Cherry.

55g Topre.

>Budget
40-200€
>Location (continent at least)
Europe
>Preferred switch type
Blue, heavy typist
>Layout
ANSI
>Form factor
100%
>Backlight
No
>Previous/current keyboards
10$ Keyboards

I'd like something which will last barring some switch replacements here and there. Obviously cheaper is better, but I don't mind paying for quality.

I quite like this layout

It looks incredibly uncomfortable

There are several different keyboards that come with that layout

leopold

if you want a long lasting god tier keyboard that user is right, get a leopold. no memes or gimmicks

I am really happy with my model M, but there are a couple of things I should change. The esc button position is especially annoying

it's loud and has no windows/meta key

alt is best meta key senpai

not really no

Unicomp make Model Ms with Windows and Meta keys.

Get a Filco. Pure quality without any bells and whistles.
They have a 20y warranty but since you could throw them out of a skyscraper without so much as seeing a scratch on them it's doubtful you will ever have to use it.

buypigs dont use warranties anyways because they just get another one to make more worthless purchases

all these people getting asthetic keyboards for 200-300+ dollars don't realise there are now keyboard internal processor chips that report at 0.2ms like in Logitech Roamer G and Bloody Q700 / B700 in like 1-2 years you will want to upgrade your keyboards to faster ones because your asthetic keyboards report at 18ms lag while new ones are 0.2ms hahahahah dumb people. at least you will keep the keycaps.

>buypig
i prefer "buy all the frivolous things until depression goes away"

Welcome to 2009 budy. Even old cherry MX gaming keyboards have processors that give you only 1ms of lag. Besides it’s been proven that travel distance has a much bigger effect then input lag

Did I get memed with gateron blues?
How are they compared to cherries?

both gaters and cherry are trash

so after months and months hearing the sound of several switches i ended up with the conclusion hat blue in general are fucking cringy, their feels are great yes but that high pitch click is trash.

a true click switch should sound like:
clowck
cluck
plup

but not click

It would only be good if the layout of the numpad were flipped.
Tbh, numpads in their current form are only for accountants and suck for typing in mathematical formulas and other stuff (for example no sqrt button). To make the numpad useful its layout has to be completely reworked.

The only good switch series is the kailh box, specifically the box white, pale blue, jade and navy. Everything else is a meme.

It's more of a tick if anything. Either you have terrible hearing or you never tried one.

i just google translated the sound so no its a click

I seems to be the thread to post this.

Anyone know a good website who prints custom large mousepad? I want one to fit my 60 mk.

Aliexpress

Why do all Murican keyboards have those shitty bar enter keys? The other day, I've seen a few laptops with keys like that, and they looked fucking retarded.

You mean those long ones that make it easy to press

Does it? Seems to just make it easier to miss for those who are not that good at typing.

ali just sells finished products, never seen them offering printing service, i wouldn't mind if they expand their site to include this type of things instead of having to google 200 sites for a decent webservice

never mind i was wrong

>typing in mathematical formulas and other stuff (for example no sqrt button)
Not them but thanks for the suggestion. I only had various bracket keys added to a numpad layout but other math operands would be useful.

You don't have to break from home to hit an ANSI enter key.

American enter keys used to be completely different. However the keyboard was redesigned to make programming feel better and that stuck around

That's true. It just looks weird to me, but I'm sure you could get used to it. They also have a long shift key on the left, which would be nice, but my language needs that extra key on the ISO keyboard.

Different as in how? I've only had keyboards with the upside-down L-shaped enter and mirrored L-shaped enter (those were good too, haven't seen them in quite a while).

What are some good linear switches to get? I've tried mx reds and they felt scratchy, then tried gateron reds which were smooth but too light. Should I get gat BLACKED or is there any other alternatives?

X-raypad is where I bought mine a couple years ago, the people are pretty nice. They gave me a discount when I complained about shipping costs.

Talking about windows key, why did they leave those empty spaces? they could have made alt and ctrl slightly bigger or put something else there.

This used to be the old American standard. But they replaced it to fit backslash. Some American keyboards still ship with it

Alps, or maybe those cherry speed switches

Ah, thanks, this is actually the one I meant by mirrored L enter. Mine had a proper backspace, though.

user that's just a piece of rubber on top of your desk, wheres the animu waifu?

It's not my desk, but you can get anything printed on basically any size. Too lazy to take a picture of mine.

hello
mx greens for best switches

Is there a cheap, illuminated keyboard like the Cherry MX Board? Brown switches

I want a 2nd K70 RGB but its too expensive to use at my HTPC in my bed

I currently use a Cherry 25 € keyboard, which is wireless, but shitty

>illuminated
are you acting politically correct for fear of people calling you gaming rat?

sure, post of modrern mechs come with some type of backlight