298 days until Windows 7 is 10 years old and officially embarrassing to use it

Tick tock oldfags, tick tock.

windows 10 is more annoying to use. therefore for the sake of my own convenience, i'm staying on windows 7
>inb4 muh security

use ooshutup10 and it's cleaner than a vanilla 7.

>use ooshutup10
>3rd party utilities are necessary to make an os less annoying

>cleaner than a vanilla 7
not even LTSB stripped to the bones is cleaner than a vanilla installation of Win7 Home

I tried using windows 7 and it's more annoying to use. No multi desktop support, notifications, and the start menu search sucks.

You are moronic shit that knows nothing about the history of Windows. It was always bloatware that needed trimming.

Windows 7 was hated too when it was current by the same equivalent morons like yourself.

True power users are aware of that, use the latest, and clean the shit up out of it.

>No multi desktop support
that could be handy for some situations, i give you that

>notifications
literally the same thing as tray popups with a new skin that now takes 1/3 of the screen + has appx support

>start menu search sucks
unless you unironically use cortana, i can't take you seriously here

>notifications take 1/3 of screen

Are you running at 240p?

It's embarrassing to use any version of windows.

wow... has it really been that long?

I still remember the windows 95 launch being in the news.

>notifications
What the fuck? This isn't a mobile OS. The taskbar icons highlighting is perfectly fine for me
>no multi desktop support
Windows 7 has multi desktop support you idiot. You just have to download a program to use it. And Windows 7 + whatever program you want to use them still probably takes up less ram then windows 10
>start menu search sucks
oh okay, so youre just retrarded. Nevermind then.

>Officially embarrassing
The only thing that's officially embarrassing is windows 10. It follows the windows cycle as well.
>7
Good
>8
Bad
>8.1
Good-ish
>10
Bad

A lot of things are turned on by default you can disable in services

>windows 7 has multi desktop support idiot
>have to download a program to even enable it
no thanks

fuck off shill.

7 > xp > 8.1 > 10
i will use 7 until linux is good enough to switch to

Opposite for me

Windows 7 has some fucking annoying issues

>all these w10 shills
Pathetic

Ooshutup allows me to pick or ignore updates as I see fit?

what the fuck are you talking about idiot. at least make it look a little bit like you are not shilling. just fuck off cunt

The only embarrasing thing is the fact that Microsoft haven't legitimately made a better OS in 10 years.

>Windows 7 was hated too when it was current by the same equivalent morons like yourself.
No, it fucking wasn't. I remember when it came out. Everybody liked it; it was basically "vista, but done properly".

Heh me too, they made it such a big deal too

>MUH DEPRECAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATED

Go fuck yourself OPoojeet

These anons know what's up.

kek can a streetshitter shitposter shill be more obvious?

>Customers who bought this also bought
>Fire extinguishers
Lel

KEK

make sure you guys sage these threads btw

Got an old PC and anything 8+ is just a buggy mess for me. What should i do once support ends? I can't get a new computer since everything is overpriced.

Face it Poos, your shitOS was and is a rolling failure, no amount of shitshilling will unshit your utter shitOS, you people fucked MS and everyone knows it.

You do realize all the anti ms threads are apple shills, right?

i remember using 3.11 at school and when our family bought our first computer that came with windows 95 i fucking hated it.

You realize both are employed by pajeets right?

Shills are employed by Pajeets? But then, what are the shills? Pakis?

I hate windows 10 and the new office. Both are horrifically broken.

>"vista, but done properly"
So much this.

If microsoft want to win back support they ought to do "7, but less glitchy"

Everything that I use for work and entertainment works perfectly in windows 7. Haven't had an error or crash or blue screen in years.
What I hate most about windows 10 is that for some reason they have 3 separate settings menus, instead of the control panel.

You're still using a Intel 8253, and it is a 40 year old chip.

Too bad Windows 7 is the latest usable Windows. I'm expecting to use it as my primary system for the next 5 years at least

Yeah, I remember this. I was only 15 then but I went straight onto 7 despite having stayed on Win98 until 2006.

Will move to ReactOS then, ir continue using Windows 7, maybe even move back to Win XP because fuck you

Oh no, there was a subset of people who didn't like the change from xp to vista/7 even if down properly, there are things I was able to do in xp I can't in 7, most of which were convenience in how windows were tiled but still.

that said, I have not had 7 degrade itself to the point I get random crashes like every other windows os I have used, and it doesn't force me to shut down no matter what i'm doing like 10.

this

I get the feeling that this is an unironic shill post

Good. Here's to another 10 years.

I normally don't go with the 'muh shills' meme but this thread is obviously a bunch of microsoft marketing losers giving Sup Forums another try.

sage and report, friends

>I use Windows 7 in 2018

I still use windows 7, sould I change to windows 10? How? I dont wanna pay the whole thing just because I was too lazy to upgrade a couple years ago.

It should "just work" even if you don't pay for it. Not sure, how annoying "your copy is not activated" message will be.

Already using Win10 LTSB on my desktop.
My laptop however shits itself on anything other than Win7.

You see marketing team, you're not dealing with your average "stubborn guy that don't want to upgrade" anymore.
No, i surpassed all my limits and became the legend, the legend that your fear!
I AM THE SUPER STUBBORN!

Also between you and me, windows 7 just werks.

Use 3rd party software, I think cubedesktop might be the thing for you

Feels good man.

The only thing i regret is not being able to run DX11 to emulate sega saturn.
The rest, it just fucking werks.

2000 > xp > 7 > vista > 8.0 > 8.1/10

Nothankyou. I have a desktop, not a tablet. I use a desktop OS on my desktop, not a tablet OS.

I like putting windows 10 in auditoriums at my job, it self updates and is locked down enough to the point where no idiot lecturer or proffesor can put any bs viruses or break shit

When will Linux be good enough to switch to?

i don't know, maybe never

I'm still using XP in 2018 and loving it.

How old is the linux kernel again?

> (OP)
>It's embarrassing to use any version of windows.
Truest statement in the thread

I hate to be one of those guys, but using any Windows OS is an exercise in frustration. They really need to tear it down and rebuild the whole OS.

Fuck off

noice

you are not alone my anonymous friend

it's the best microshit has ever done, even after a year of win10 I rolled back to win 7 with a clean format, no issues since and forever

also win7 is so damn fast with a modern ssd and ryzen cpu it entirelly skips the win boot logo and the welcome screen altogether

nothing will be so fast and snappy than this

>hyperbole for humorous purposes
Are you autistic?

What are you on about. With Cortana disabled the search works the same way it did in W7.

Windows 7 is being supported until 2020.

>What should i do once support ends?
just don't do anything, support doesn't mean shit

It's been good enough for years you dipshits

if you only look at your riced desktop and shitpost on Sup Forums then you're right, it's good
but if you do anything else you're wrong

Been working as a professional back-end web developer on Linux for years. Stock Debian netinstall with i3. No rice at all. You're delusional.

>tfw only two more years till windows seven is end of life...

REEEEEEEEEEEEEe

HOLD ME

What are you insulting me for? I was just asking a question, not taking any side.

What is Windows 7 like with high resolution displays?

resolution is not the problem here, it's the dpi of the screen that causes trouble
so if you use a 49 inch 4k display you will be allright, but a 24-27 inch one will look like ass

>last update was before telememetry aids
surfing on the edge

I've got a 12 inch 2k display would that be alright

Kek

nice

>Windows 7 was hated too
It really wasn't. It was very well received and even corporates adopted it the same year of release, which is rare.

Win 8, Win10 have been counter intuitive in terms of UX. So its not surprising people don't want to leave Win7.

>It really wasn't.
The only reason it wasn't actually was primarily because of Vista. Vista did all the heavy lifting in getting people to change, and people fucking HATED that. 7 came around and people were already used to what Vista brought around and magically they loved it (even though the difference between 7 and Vista isn't equal to the difference of public reception).

It's actually a really good case study into consumer psychology and how much marketing truly does matter.

-10 years until any Windows is embarassing to use

Vista was pretty good if you had a 64bit processor and 2gb ram.

Problem was people were trying to run it on XP grade hardware and then bitching about the bloat. It didn't help that OEMs sold XP grade machines with Vista to meet demand of the market.

Vista was trying to propel consumer tech by 5 years, but it got crushed by its own ambitions.

I'd wager more than 5 years, but yeah performance was a large factor.
I think even now the concept of what they really view 10 as is far too futuristic for the current market - I mean the majority of users have limited internet bandwidth and that's if they even have a stable connection at all, which contradicts the concept of an always-updated platform.

When encountering a windows 10 user please do not make fun of their OS. They gave up their freedom and dignity for it.

post wallpaper

Not to mention ISP's doing shit like bandwidth caps/overages. Having to decide to update your computer vs being able to watch a tv episode etc.

>He buys 2 copies instead of using the same copy on 2 or more computers like the majority of us did at the time. Piracy was fucking easy.

>Upgrade-only copies

I'm glad I never had to subject myself to this. Having to reinstall windows twice when you needed a clean install, and in the days where you really did have to periodically reinstall? No thanks.

Not only upgrade only copies. Back before any real internet infrastructure took place, if there was a major bug and the product was already shipped, copies were sent back.
Technology is pretty amazing desu

Yeah with the way ISPs are going, it's going to be a good decade before the majority have any sort of reliable unlimited service.

You're 10 years old and your posts are pretty embarrasing but I'm not telling you to kill yourself, am I?

>yuliya
Show bobs pls

LTSB scum reporting in.
How to disable SearchUI.exe right?
I'm tired of wasted ~50 MB of RAM into nothing!

You first.