Deltachat

>e2e encryption
>email based, compatible with non-delta users
>decentrlized
>open source

Assuming this is all true, why isn't Sup Forums all over this?

How can it be used to send messages on whatsapp? Does it somehow use my whatsapp private key?

Probably just a fake image used to promote it online.

I just assumed they were copying the design of whatsapp. There's nothing in the faq to say it works with proprietary chat programs.

Because there's a better alternative

>email based
I can see why no one here gives a shit.

>I'm fine
>what about a meeting
Is this only for autists?

A whole new standard instead of simply adapting one of the most commonly used ones? And no e2e encryp on group chats.

Not saying Matrix/Riot isn't far superior to using proprietary apps, but it's at best an XMPP alternative.

>encryption
>phone

Why even bother at this point? The entire device is a CIA nigger's wet dream from 2005.

Why did they have to copy the WhatsApp design?

Huh? Does this just wrap emails in bubbles?

Wtf that image is from telegram

Yup, and they use IMAP to ping back and forth.

>it's okay if you get raped with a condom!!
what the fuck's encrypting a botnet good for

No, its from the app
Although I suspect the app's interface is lifted from telegram due to it being open source

>Just use Skype bruh.
>Just use WhatsApp bruh.
>Just use Messenger bruh.
>Just use WeChat bruh.
>Just use Hangouts bruh.
>Just use Discord bruh.
>Just use Wire bruh.
>just use Snapchat bruh.
>just use IRC bruh.
>just use iMessage bruh.
>just use Jabber bruh.
>just use Kik bruh.
>just use Pidgen bruh.
>Just use Signal bruh.
>just use GroupMe bruh.
>Just use Riot bruh.
>Just use Line bruh.
>Just use Deltachat bruh.
>Just use Telegram bruh.
>Just use Matrix bruh.
>Just use Slack bruh.
>Just use Viber bruh.
>just use SMS bruh.

There are good reasons why Sup Forums prefers XMPP over this.

IMAP is a pretty shitty protocol that isn't designed for instant messaging at all. The compatibility sounds worth it, but it isn't if you think about it: encryption only works when both have delta installed, so sending a message to someone who doesn't use delta will mean sending an unencrypted message to someones g-mail account, which is worse than using an encrypted botnet like whatsapp.

It's a cool idea though.

You forgot XMPP that a few autists like to rage on about.

>Sup Forums prefers XMPP
Speak for yourself

XMPP and Jabber are practically the same thing.

Nailed it.
I'd push further on the compatibility though, really what device are you going to have that only has email capabilities anyway, if you're looking to use an instant messaging client I'm sure your device is more than capable of running whatever binaries you'd need for whatever protocols you wanted.

Even on the developer/API side it's not like you won't have to import and refactor shit for the extra features anyway.

I don't see the need in compat with email this late, and I see no obvious advantage over something designed for this (XMPP, matrix, IRC, et al.)

I use deltachat to communicate with people who don't use xmpp. I like it.