What's your idle system power usage Sup Forums?

What's your idle system power usage Sup Forums?

This is my i5 3570k with an R9 290, both undervolted.

My laptops power usage under load is around that much wtf

~60w

To be fair this is not powering a display, strictly just my tower

How is there any point to this? Do you try larping as a blind person during power outages?
My ups is powering everything that I use for my computing, including dac, speakers, router.
Only thing that should never be connected to ups are printers due to nidicolous power draw on those things. And I'm not sure if this is not only limited to laser ones.

>Requiring your printer in case of an outage

My point was my laptop is capable of doing 95% of the stuff you can do on your desktop using the power needed to just keep your tower on

Also a 3570K, no GPU though.
~54.2W at the moment

It's more of an socket availability issue. For instance I have single socket near my desk and the rest all over the room. UPS should always be directly plugged into power socket so that means you need either second socket or plug your printer somewhere else.

Do you even realize how cheap electricity is?

My monitor is connected to the UPS, it's just turned off to measure power draw of the PC.

This logic is why we have the modern web

This is such a shit point I don't even know how to respond.
Reducing power draw of electronics have been a goal for a very long time and it did go a long way. I don't even pay 1 EUR daily for my PC usage, I guess I should cuck myself with shitty craptop to save up half of this.

>Do you even realize how cheap electricity is?
38c/kW
electricity doesn't cost the same everywhere

kWh*

electricity can be cheap but everyone forgets tax and other fees when they talk about the prices. in my country the money is made with transfer fees but electricity is only 0.05€/kwh

my electricity comes out to 11 cents per kWh, but the fixed fee for having electricity is more than my electricity consumption even in summer. there is little incentive for me to care about my electrical consumption. even if I used no electricity my bill would still be 60% of what it is now.

~140w

But i'm running a 4k 42" monitor, a 25" 1440p monitor, and a 5820k at 4.3GHz with 32GB of DDR4 RAM and around 20TB of HDDs.

So idle power consumption isn't going to be the greatest when i've got all of this plugged into my UPS.

Same here. Electricity itself is super cheap and very """green""", but the cost inflated many fold due to various fucked taxes.

im never truly idle, 88 watts
considering underclocking and volting when i'm not awake to get more time on the battery tim incase shit happens, but I just never care enough.

If power was cheaper I would expand my server room, but paying 0.28€/kWh is just annoying.

get a ups that has 5 powered plugs and 5 unpowered ones.

I have my monitor plugged into it mostly for uninterrupted use, unless something truly fucked happens, like the transformer for your area dying, power outs are momentart things that happen due to massive power draw at once (summer) or a line getting fucked up and some other method of getting power now has to compensate (winter/storm)

14 W without monitor on normal usage. Monitor is another 20 W.

No idea famalam

X5650 @ 3.6,
Strix 1060
4HDD + 2SSD

Power is about $0.25 AU here :'(

2X X5675 here, i feel you