Stop hating on Soylent! It's healthy!

andreykurenkov.com/writing/life/why-i-consume-soylent/

Other urls found in this thread:

anabolicmen.com/soy-and-testosterone/
soylent.com/product/drink/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Nice technology thread, OP.

This is what prolonged exposure to soylent does to you.

Sure as hell isn't food.

Too expensive

A meme destroyed a multimillion startup

Good. Now let's try again with some other startup.

desu I would rather live off mcchickens (the best fast food sandwich, for me) for the rest of my life than drink another cup of that crap

If you're going to eat garbage, eat the garbage you want. Not this shit.

Keep food tech to one thread

>Soylent
>Food
Pick one.

Enjoy the estrogens in soy that make you into manchildren soyboy pussies

Feminine men are ill men. Hospitalize.

that's the spirit

>another
You even drank that shit once kek

looks like the sillicon valley soyboys living off soylent can't even open a small bottle. maybe they should eat some real food.

Tried Soylent years ago. I was working a shitty contracting gig and wanted to get into the office as quick as possible, because if I got in before my boss I could lie about when I got into the office and leave early. I would make soylent as a quick breakfast. I think the powder was on 1.4 at the time. It tasted like pancake batter and was very odd. I put up with it for like two months out of convenience, but I never got the cult like obsession most people had for it. They changed the formulation twice and both ended up tasting way worse.

They did refund me a month's worth of subscription after I said I didn't like the new taste, so there's that at least.

You cant hate on something unless you understand it. They don't taste bad, but they don't taste good either, and the more you drink the less you want to finish.

It's terrible for testosterone. As someone who actually lifts I take what I eat seriously

Are soylent drinkers true soyboys if soylent doesn't even have any soya bean derivatives inside?

> Sup Forums

It's really not. It's not going to help your lifts either, but it's not going to turn you into a fucking woman. I'm totally open to have my view changed, show me one credible study that shows the ingestion of soy tanks test and I'll be on your side. From what I've researched, there's no link between soy and estrogen production / male feminization.

I don't even like soylent but I'm so tired of seeing people spouting this shit without any sort of backing.

Here you go mate, legit proof and studies
>anabolicmen.com/soy-and-testosterone/
a) Dr. Kenneth D.R. Setchell from Colorado State University, discovered this small molecule called equol from humans back in 1982. Since then he has been researching the molecule. He has already proven that the compound is formed in the gut when we eat isoflavones, and that men who eat a lot of soy have high amounts of equol present in their blood stream. Back in 2004, Dr. Setchell found out that equol is a strong anti-androgen, which can almost completely shut down the activity of dihydrotestosterone (the most potent androgen).

b) This study followed one 19 year old man who started consuming hefty amounts of soy in his diet. Suddenly the guy lost all interest to sex and suffered from erectile dysfunction. His blood DHEA, testosterone, and DHT levels also plummeted significantly. 1 year after stopping the soy consumption, his erectile health and hormonal profile was fully regained

c) In this human study, from 99 infertile men, the men that ate the most soy had the lowest sperm count.

d) In this study, soy protein increased the number of epithelial cells in the breast tissue by 29% (this is a sign of overblown estrogen).

h) These three animal studies [this, this, and this] found out that the isoflavones in soy can cause breast cancer (another sign of overblown estrogen).

i) In this study the researchers found out that male infant rats who received soybean feed when they were still in womb, had problems in sexual organ developement. This study also found out similar effects.

j) In this study, soy protein decreased testosterone and DHT levels in healthy young men.

Now this pic is just ridiculous. Surely this guy is taking pride in being a weakling somehow.

A normal person would express it as being sick of how they get their hands chafed when opening these. Arguably they're too weak aswell (as the right grip strength will solve the problem) but there's plenty of packages that are legitimately hard to open and it's not difficult to empathize.
'legitimately hurt my hand' is just coming from someone who wants to appear weak.
It always amazes me how failing startups get these large sums of money. Like how they got 50 million USD in May last year apparently.
Is this about taxes? I wish I understood taxes better.

>show me evidence!
>haha but I know there's none!
>t. (((Soylent cartel defense force)))

Where the fuck do you even buy this shit, anyways. I never see it in any grocery store.

Now post the thousand other studies that show that's wrong.

the soy meme is bull
if you want to save time go low carb omad. and if you're a fat fuck water fast.
I would never eat that stuff tho , too many carbs.

It doesn't even contain soy.

It says soy protein on their website.
soylent.com/product/drink/

Where else do you get soy protein if not from soy?

Do you think it is a coincidence that the race that has the lowest test men also have the highest soy intake? Or do you think soy is completely innocent. Even though legit studies were shown to you.

>hefty amounts
no shit

What's wrong with it?

It's got lots of nutrients and worrying about soy making you a girl is literally a meme

The current iteration does contain soy protein. Older iterations got their vegetable protein from other sources like beets

>a study based off 1 (One) teen and another based off 99 (still a number way too small) already infertile men being valid in any way whatsoever

Daily reminder that soy actually doesn't contain that much more estrogen than most other foods and that you'd need to drink like 5 gallons of soy milk daily for at least 6 months to see any sort of legitimate hormonal changes.

"""destroyed"""
Soylent is still doing just fine.

You're not supposed to live off of it. The CEO does but that's only to prove that you can. It's a meal replacement for when you're lazy and don't want to cook or forgot to pack a lunch.

Good job pointing that out! :)
Who would have guessed otherwise?

It's a pol meme, what do you expect?

There's literally nothing wrong in being feminine.

>But even after only a week, the thought of getting a sandwich for lunch makes me excited.

Literal fucking cucks

seconded

the latest version of the formula has soy as it's first ingredient

this, i see all the meme products eventually at grocery stores, but I've never seen soylent in real life or anyone talking about it.
Is this entirely self-contained to the bay area?

if you don't want a girlfriend, sure.

go back to Sup Forums

I read one positive thing there and that is after starting drinking soylent for breakfast/lunch, he attempted to make better dinners etc., which is promising at least.

I'll stick with my instant ramen/cup noodles whenever I'm to lazy to cook, thank you.