/hpg/ - Headphone General

How to request purchase advice: pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in Sup Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Headphone guide: canpicker.com/

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=massdrop
ebay.com/itm/Philips-SHP9500S-Over-Ear-Headphone-Exclusive-Black/253465898210
ebay.com/itm/Sennheiser-Open-Back-Professional-Headphone-Black-HD600/371979653385
ebay.com/itm/HIFIMAN-SUNDARA-Full-Size-Over-Ear-Planar-Magnetic-Audiophile-Headphone-OpenBack/263415145598
ebay.com/itm/JDS-Labs-OBJECTIVE2-Headphone-Amplifier-Black/351972574209
ebay.com/itm/Stax-SRS-3100-New-Opened-Item/263536117226
ebay.com/itm/TAKSTAR-PRO-82-Professional-Studio-Dynamic-Monitor-Headphone-Headset-X3T9/183063403083
ebay.com/itm/Massdrop-X-Fostex-TH-X00-Ebony-Closed-Dynamic-Headphones/183101550194
ebay.com/itm/Focal-Elear-Headphones/282871660548
ebay.com/itm/Stax-SRM-T1-amplifier-for-Stax-electrostatic-headphones/332568672930
ebay.com/itm/ZMF-Blackwood-Headphones/282678154976
ebay.com/itm/322761653114
ebay.com/itm/332453425993
ebay.com/itm/Sony-MDR-Z7-Headphones-MDRZ7-C4/183106710407
ebay.com/itm/Dekoni-Audio-EPZ-HD600-Fenestrated-Sheepskin-Ear-Pads-Sennheiser-HD600-Headphone/222737386487
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

God I wish that were me.

Should I buy the HD600? /hpg/, please.

Fuck me look at those sexy feet. They are so sexy.

Buy it and then snap it for maximum shitposting

Of course not. Buy some good headphones.

Why people think that there is difference in dacs and amps? They all sound the same

Nope.

Redpill me on the newest offering from assdrop

Are there any negatives to the HD 579? Looking at buying them.

dumbfrog.png

no

>Are there any negatives to the HD 579?
They're not HD600, the best headphones in the world. That being said, they're very good and you should buy them.

HD600 but better

I'm still very much confused and would like some actual advice.

>he bought a HD600
>he thinks limp dick bass, boring mids, and roller-coaster treble are high fidelity

Get DT 880s instead.

>muh bass
>muh dick
we know you could never afford hd600s jamarcus

HD600 are awful. Boomy yet neutered bass, dysphonic midrange, and cacaphonous treble.

I think he wants headphones, not treble dildos.

Doesn't that have bass!?

Jesus, /hpg/. Stop messing with me.

What the super neutral Sony one again?
Have cat

Go elsewhere for research. HD600 are a constant target for shitposting here these days, both for and against. It's nearly impossible to get honest, sincere opinions about them here right now because both sides are simply trolling each other all thread, every thread.

use the 20% off coupon PSPRING20 at checkout. some things to consider:

ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=massdrop
ebay.com/itm/Philips-SHP9500S-Over-Ear-Headphone-Exclusive-Black/253465898210
ebay.com/itm/Sennheiser-Open-Back-Professional-Headphone-Black-HD600/371979653385
ebay.com/itm/HIFIMAN-SUNDARA-Full-Size-Over-Ear-Planar-Magnetic-Audiophile-Headphone-OpenBack/263415145598
ebay.com/itm/JDS-Labs-OBJECTIVE2-Headphone-Amplifier-Black/351972574209

Had a pair for a couple months now, got them for $80, and I'm really pleased with them for that price. Get them if they're cheap, dont spend more than ~$120.

The drawbacks are the shitty plastic build (worse than hd600), and the headband padding being crap, which doesn't bother me much. They could do with more clamp too IMO, i'm always having to adjust them on my head.

ebay.com/itm/Stax-SRS-3100-New-Opened-Item/263536117226

new srs-3100 for $500 after checkout

>got them for $80
On amazon? That sounds like a better price than I usually see. Yeah I was also worried about the headband being an issue.

they are good if you want headphones for acoustic and vocal music
they are not good if you want them for electronic music and genres like metal
they are overpriced compared to headphones which have the same sound quality but are good for electronic music and genres like metal

pro 82 for $50 as well

ebay.com/itm/TAKSTAR-PRO-82-Professional-Studio-Dynamic-Monitor-Headphone-Headset-X3T9/183063403083

I got them for £57 from Argos in the UK, which is roughly $80.

The headband bothered me a little at first, but it just seemed to disappear after a few days. Comfort is great now. Perhaps because they are light. I had a set of heavier MSR7's which gave me awful pain on the top of my head, these are much better.

Is this one of the ones listed for 3,000 dollars on their website?

All good DACs sound the same, some people like to buy things that sound different, that's why audiophiles expend thousands of dollars on DACs that sound different from perfect transparency

too late, I just bought it

I'm not interested in buying it. I'm trying to understand why this one is 500 dollars versus the 3000 on their website.

Some high end DAC are perfectly transparent like the Benchmark DAC but they're not really worth the associated price tag. Chord DACs seem to measure reasonably well too.

lmao nice
wtf are you talking about?

Expensive transparent DACs are more about getting more features than better sound

>Chord DACs seem to measure reasonably well too.
not for their price they don't hahah

>wtf are you talking about
Refer to my previous post
>Is this one of the ones listed for 3,000 dollars on their website?

yeah, link you fuccboi

They're good

Not for their price

>not for their price they don't hahah
Hence the word 'reasonably'. If the differences aren't audible who gives a shit? I'd guess some people buy Chord for the same reason they hang expensive art on their walls. They have a unique design to them, at least. The dave has a pretty sexy Sci-Fi vibe to it.

wow look at all of the stuff I can't FUCKING BUY because the 20% ebay thing doesn't work in europe
fuck everything

th-x00 ebony for $300 kek
ebay.com/itm/Massdrop-X-Fostex-TH-X00-Ebony-Closed-Dynamic-Headphones/183101550194

Convince me that Stax are worth it

HD58X is garbage. It is not an HD580.

That bass response.. seriously? it humps like a 650 yet has worse sub? what a scam.

go to the stax store and listen to a pair

Where is the Stax store

focal elear for $500

ebay.com/itm/Focal-Elear-Headphones/282871660548

>Budget
300 euros
>Location
Netherlands
>Source
PC, hopefully amp in the future
> Closed/open
Either/or
>Main genre
Mainly electronic music, but preferably the headphones are suitable for most genres

also stax t1 for $500

ebay.com/itm/Stax-SRM-T1-amplifier-for-Stax-electrostatic-headphones/332568672930

there was that one user interested in the zmf blackwood, here's for $400

ebay.com/itm/ZMF-Blackwood-Headphones/282678154976

ebay.com/itm/322761653114
ebay.com/itm/332453425993

mdr-z7 for $200
ebay.com/itm/Sony-MDR-Z7-Headphones-MDRZ7-C4/183106710407

idk your local dealer or headphone convention

I believe you, but it is not worth the extra $300 over the HD6XX. There are far better headphones you could get instead for the $500 price tag of the HD660S.

>meanwhile euro Ebay has literally nothing
God do I hate it.

>There are far better headphones you could get instead for the $500 price tag of the HD660S.
Like the HD600, the best headphones ever made.

Anybody ever been to canjam? Thinking about flying for the one in April in LA

I'm going to that one, already bought my tickets.

iirc the 58X's gimmick is that it's a slightly worse 580 but it doesn't need an amp.

>iirc the 58X's gimmick is that it's a slightly worse 580 but it doesn't need an amp.
It's just sennheiser gaslighting the ignorant. If the 58X ends up like the 660S marketing of its 150 ohm impedance as a virtue, it's not going to actually matter. In the case of the 660S it's like +3dB louder at equal power than a 600. It's not going to make smartphones sound much louder exactly.

$55

ebay.com/itm/Dekoni-Audio-EPZ-HD600-Fenestrated-Sheepskin-Ear-Pads-Sennheiser-HD600-Headphone/222737386487

you must be retarded to change hd600s pads on these

well no, it makes it flatter

lol this graph means nothing without additional info
i bet it's their marketing tool

think before you speak next time

>t. dekoni shill

>t.hd600 faithfuls

>t. dekoni shill

>t.hd600 faithfuls

daily reminder to buy used

daily reminder to support the economy and buy brand new gear made in the west

cute feet, would lick

lol I buy used gear made in japan and chyna

>(((support the economy)))

so I have a pair of hd6xx but all the shilling here makes me want to buy a pair of hd600. should I get them or buy something different, like a pair of msr7?
halp

You should've bought the SRS3100 on ebay but I bought it so you can't

Just eq boost the treble of your hd6xx. Don't let the meme make you believe they're different headphones. They're not. They literally have the same driver and 90% of the casing is the same. There's just some changes to the damping to create the bass bump with the side effect of losing treble. You could, if you hate equalizers for obstinate idiotic reasons, mod the 6xx to be exactly like the 600 too.
MSR7 are not worth having if you don't use them as portable headphones and keep them at home. Don't bother. if you want to give AT's house sound a shot try the 550z or 990z.

I'm not in the US anyway

which user are you

you'll know when they arrive

don't be stingy, i'm just excited for you whoever you are

Am I doing it right?

>earbuds
No, you are decidedly not doing it right.

>Bluetooth earbuds
Kek.

Are you enjoying what you're listening to? Then you are doing it right.

Just got this from assdrop

I need your help. To skip to the end. I have a pair of Ultrasone Signature Pros that I purchased years and years back. I'm allergic to the pads and I'm finally finally going to replace them.

I have my eyes on a few pads, such as taking them from one of my other pair (if applicable) or buying alpha pads. But if anybody has experience with pads, steer me in the right direction

No. EQ your HD6XX and you'll have a headphone superior to the HD600.

What amp are you using? If it's not a bottle head crack get that instead of another pair of headphones.

>unironically recommending a toob amp
Stop posting.

>you'll have a headphone superior to the HD600
Identical, you mean. Both of the shill groups need to calm down on how much difference there is between the two. The most significant difference is that the HD6XX and HD650 don't have that offensively terrible paint job.

This desu

Tube amps only sound different because their high output impedance changes FR and the tubes add distortion relative to solid state alternatives making tube sound objectively lower in fidelity. Prove me wrong. You literally can't.