Hey Sup Forums

Hey Sup Forums

So my old Radeon HD 5850 (Sapphire) died two days ago and i had to get a new Graphics Card, since i'm a poorfag i ended up getting pic related (RX 560 4GB)

So can someone explain to me why, when playing Skyrim, this card gets half the FPS a 10 year old VGA with half the specs did on the same settings?

Before i had to play GTAV on low to get 60fps, now i can play it on high with some filters on and still get 60~70fps, but somehow Skyrim became utter shit

Other urls found in this thread:

gpuboss.com/gpus/Radeon-RX-460-vs-Radeon-HD-5850
gpuboss.com/gpus/Radeon-HD-7870-vs-GeForce-GTX-1050
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Probably something to do with your setup.

Check your inis, check your drivers, see of Skyrim is actually running on the card, not your iGPU, etc.

skyrim will run on a potato, you have to have a problem somewhere. If gtav runs even that well on that card skyrim should shred. I have no idea what would cause this though. Unless you have a mod config that's fucking it all up.

Skyrim probably is ROP limited instead of shader limited.

There is no architectural reason for this.

Firsz of all OP Sup Forums isn't your texh support center. Sure we all have some questions but stuff like this has absolutely no reason to be discussed on Sup Forums where it's practically lost in a day. You google shit like this and start a new thead in a proper forum if there's no solution on google, so in the future other people can use your thread to help them. It doesn't work on Sup Forums so get shit like this on a proper site.

Also it's obvious a software problem, most likely driver. Uninstall and reinstall the correct driver. Also checking the iGPU part can be helpful.

First guess is you haven't reinstalled the drivers thinking it's ok because it's also AMD.

I have cleaned and reinstalled the drivers, i used both AMD's tool and DDU.

Skyrim wouldn't even run on my iGPU.

Apart from GTAV, i noticed loss of FPS and framedrops/stuttering on almost every other game, it's blatant on CSGO, where i used to play on 120~160fps on my old potato card, and now i get anywhere from 60~100 with great variation, whereas before it would be pretty stable.

I play on 1366x768 too, so i should NOT be getting these shitty framerrates.

I am aware, but i already tried the forums and got no solid answer, so i thought a famous hacker i know might provide better answers.

If you have a second drive, make a fresh install of Windows there and see if it fixes it. If it doesn't, you have a defective card, RMA it. If it does, it's time to reinstall Windows.

I would also bet my anus that this is not normal

This is while IDLE

Should i refund/replace it?

>mining monero

skyrim is a cpu dependent game. It ran like shit on my old 5850, then I upgraded the cpu to e8400. No problem after that. Back in 2008?

You have a virus mining on you gpu.

the only good rx cards are the xfx ones

>tfw his old videocard was so bad it couldn't even mine

what's your system specs, OP? if your CPU is as old as the previous GPU and is a dual core, it could be a bottleneck!

rx 560 is leagues better than a 5850

Go back to Sup Forums, manchild.

Fuck me i got no security on this PC, not even AV, you're probably right.

Mine is an XFX, pic related might have been misleading as it shows an MSI

FX-6100 3.3GHz

That's what i thought too

They kicked me out

Going to wipe my hard-drive clean then. See if it does anything.

actually chances are it's an ether miner, seeing that the old card only had 2GB of memory therefore it couldn't fit the DAG file

buy a cheap prebuild new or used.

no point buying gpus seperate

probably is a bottleneck, scrounge ebay for an 8 core chip. Piledriver wasn't too bad desu.

Correction, the old card only had 1GB of VRAM.

I have a perfectly good build for my needs though, i only replaced the Graphics Card because it died, also, i'm obviously a poorfag.

I've seen plenty of people with the same rig and way better performance, wouldn't count on a bottleneck, could be my CPU is also dying, but i doubt it's bottlenecking the GPU.

Going to stick with the miner-theory for now. If it doesn't fix i'm replacing the card, if that doesn't fix then i have no idea.

well, looking at this simple comparison, even thou the 460 has better clocks, the 5850 top tier, still has double the shader units, double the the render output units, and 33% more texture mapping units.

Unless the game tested utilizing something new in the hardware, the double capacity of the 5850 might outperform the 20-40% clock increase of the entry level 460. Whilst completely new games might run way better on the 460.

gpuboss.com/gpus/Radeon-RX-460-vs-Radeon-HD-5850

It's is also why i'm reluctant to replace my 7870, because i don't want to pay for a mid/high tier, especially with current prices, so i'll most likely be better of with the 7870

It seems to be neck and neck with the 1050, so why would i waste the money on an upgrade, especially since i rarely play the newest titles?

gpuboss.com/gpus/Radeon-HD-7870-vs-GeForce-GTX-1050

What you guys say is true and i expected this, but it wasn't exactly my problem.

I have wiped my hard drive, it fixed the 100% usage while idle i had before and improved my FPS by 15 in furmark, haven't been able to test Skyrim yet but i'm willing to bet it saw an improvement as well.

It seems i did have a cryptocurrency miner chewing away at my GPU, or at the very least a very broken Windows/driver installation.

I do agree with you guys though, i didn't want to upgrade, but i was forced to since my old card died and all i could find on my price range was the RX560 and the GTX 1050/1050ti, so i didn't really have a choice unfortunately. Also, while the difference between an RX560 and a 1050ti might be $50, where i live it's a way bigger gap, so even though i wanted that one (it's clearly better), i couldn't afford it. Also, i can't find older cards for sale here.

Make sure you dont have radeon chill on and try to set the min/max speeds to the highest speed in wattman(right click set as max/min on the P states) perhaps its downclocking because skyrim provides no need for high usage(happened with my vega and bulletstorm, card was at like 800-900s clocks and the game ran at 60fps)

>open task manager
>check gpu usage
>find program using it when it peaks
>???