Ganoo+Linux looks ancient

Why hasn't the look of ghanoo+shitnux distros changed even a bit since 1999?

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/KDE/kde1-kdebase
answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-desktop/explorerexe-element-not-found/dd4cc6aa-04fd-4f1d-b776-a5efc9e2c3a2
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

If only I knew, it bothers me too. Anyone who claims that Windows looks bad is lying. However, that doesn't mean you can't make Linux look much better.

win10 looks sterile and soulless on purpose to me

The thing that bothers me the most in win10 is how out of place the explorer looks, still looks win xp tier and no dark mode, thanks for the eye rape ms

Don't use a shit DE/WM. Problem solved.

Its all you assholes care about isnt it? How something looks. How comfy it is. How nice it makes you feel.
If this shit is all that is important to you, stick with your Winblows or your Macfag shite.

Triggered ganoo+shitnux user detected

>win10 looks sterile and soulless on purpose to me
It's supposed to look like a business OS so companies will buy it. If it had MLP and waifu all over it (animated, of course) the blue suits would rebel.
And being a business OS is a big plus for the aspies, who are the biggest buyers in the domestic market. Makes them feel that their life has purpose.

because modern uis are disgusting

Since when is it 2009

The image still applies today you brainlet.

not really

yes it does

Lincucks don't want anything different. This is what happens when there's actual democracy. They used this WM since 1988, why would it change?

But, there's this generation of nu-lincucks, they shill for xfeces or kde or whatever so this image is no longer valid.

not with ricefags

linux in 1999 looked like windows 7

No, looked like some delphi shitty software

Whatever picture of an UI you find, Linux plus GNU can look like that as well.

Not him but prove it then.

Oh right, Windows looks ugly as sin now whereas with GNU/Linux you still have full control of what your OS looks like, okay.

>prove it
It just is relevant today. It just is.

how difficult would it be to port KDE1's style to KDE5? modern operating systems look like mobile phone operating systems now

windows looks bad, your image is cherry picking.
even attributing one look or style to gnu+linux is bullshit and you know it. That's what DE's & WM's fuck with, not the entire fucking operating system.

If I had a choice between one option that I may or may not like, or hundreds of options to choose from ranging from garbage to fantastic, I'd still pick more options, because it's common fucking sense.

>no aero
Nope

>chooses an old looking DE
>WHY DOES THIS LOOK OLD?
Windows 7 looks old too if I use the classic theme. WHY DOES WINDOWS LOOK SO ANCIENT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE IT'S LIKE IT HASN'T CHANGED SINCE THE 90S

This is perfection. GUIs have regressed dramatically.

>Windows looks bad
Wrong.

The flat aesthetic has nothing to do with being business like, it just looks cleaner. The sleek look is prevalent on all sorts of designs, take a look at your local merchandise next time you go out.

Sure, because 5 different styles of context menus, half light themed, half dark themed, and with two different styles of font rendering intermixed makes it look "clean".

>rounded, embossed, semi-transparent, colored, over-sized window borders
>near useless address bar that frequently hide essential information
>gigantic levels of screen real estate waste for no good reason
>floating useless bloatware applets
>icons the size you'd expect for something made for the visually impaired
The windows 10 UI largely works because it cuts out most of the needless garbage added between windows 2000 and windows 7. Of course then there's the whole modern (whatever that means) UI, which is sure to rear its ugly face in some future forced upon-us "update".

Although i know this is just bait, looking at this kind of posts remind me hard that Microsoft's current position is thanks to taking advantage of masses' ignorance, there's so much of this kind of posts that even makes me wonder if they can be actually sponsored.

You are a retard.

>hurr durr b8
This isn't b8. Microsoft for life.

>rounded, embossed, semi-transparent, colored, over-sized window borders
Okay, they fixed all but "oversized". Now things are even more oversized than ever. Window borders appear gone but are at least as big as before, just transparent, forcing users to point at what appears to be the window under the current window to resize it.

>near useless address bar that frequently hide essential information
The breadcrumbs in the file explorer address bar? Still alive and well in W10.

>gigantic levels of screen real estate waste for no good reason
W10 does this too.

>floating useless bloatware applets
What are you talking about? Desk widgets? Nobody used those so they got rid of it. W10 has upped the game though, with entire bloatware useless apps.

>icons the size you'd expect for something made for the visually impaired
W10 does this.

Just fucking make your own GTK theme and fuck off, make it look however you want

First: what is modern design to you? If you say windows, i will fucking find you, and rape your gaping asshole.
Second : this image is stupid, because linux is infinitely more customizable, than any other OS.

does this really look so outdated?

I'm pretty comfy. I have two hard drives, one with windows and one with Arch. I like them both and they both have their positives.

I see flatshit design and icons; larger taskbar, titlebar, menu bar and icons that needed, and a light/dark mixed color scheme. It's like you've taken most of the bad points from Windows 10's visual style and replicated them in Linux.

But do you have two font rendering styles and multiple looks of context menu in different places, switched between for no real reason?

how's it feel being this much of a fucking loser?

I look at myself in the mirror and think, "at least I'm not a dogposter".

op is incredibly stupid but this thread got me thinking about older UIs. i remember using enlightment in like 2004 and thinking it was years ahead of whatever windows had at the time.

you read as jealous, user. do you envy my large stash of smug canines, or is it just my massive penis making you feel inferior over the internet?

>some shitty shitnux desktop environment better than Windows XP
Lol you are incredibly stupid. KYS bitch.

I could be posting dogs, but due to some subtle spelling error somewhere along the way, I instead have only a large stash of doggs.

Pretty hard and it wouldn't look 100% the same but it should be doable. You could just install KDE 1 instead: github.com/KDE/kde1-kdebase

>Not setting the window border padding to 0

damn, i'm sorry man! you can borrow some of mine! just don't download more than one of each image or they devalue too quickly

What happens if I download more dogs?

>Calling it Winblows

Way to stick it to the man user

YOU FOOL! YOU KNOW NOT WHAT YOU'VE DONE!

Wh-what HAVE I done?

Ț͙͝H͚̥̘̠̙͎E̷̞͍Y͇̯ ̳̝̙̥͈͇̪G̻̙̦̻͚R̟̯͘O͈̪̩͍̥͖W̥ ͕͉̺̝͢C̴̳͚̞̼̤ͅỌ̯̟͔̣̤̝͡R͎͜R̞͇̤̺̼̞U̵̞̤͈̠P̫̫̯̳͍Ṱ͔
̗̯̘͕̖͎̪I̢͔̞ ̛̩̤̗̼̻͓̩C͎̯͖͔͚A̜̠͍̮̫NN̛͈̜͉̭͍O̮̻̘͇̝͚T̤̣̞ ̟͈͉̭̻̝̱H̥͓̹̺̀E̖̗̫͈̤̯̖L̼̙̬̖͈̝͔P͕̬͙̤̬ ͎̞̜̮Y̛̪̟̘̠̣͓̫O̰͟U̷̯͕̼͚ ̳̘͚̮̰͙͡N̜̰̠O̪͍W̧̙̫̻͖̮̖̗

never go full doggo

Can we at least agree that till this day you still can't get help for small (or large for that matter) problems in Linux. Shits annoying.

>prove it
>It just is relevant today. It just is.
So, what is this then?

Windows can do this too.

answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-desktop/explorerexe-element-not-found/dd4cc6aa-04fd-4f1d-b776-a5efc9e2c3a2

Two and a half years, and five pages later, and still no real solution other than try uninstalling a couple OEM crapwares and reinstall Windows.

>So, what is this then?

A meme.

You can choose a distro that fucks up your config files and makes you fiddle with it, or you can choose a normal distro that works out of the box in 95% of cases and has easy to google solutions to most of the common issues.

>defending ganoo+shitnux
It'll never catch on. It always has been trash. It is trash. It will always be trash. Windows for life.

>Taking a whole afternoon to fix one config file
>Running Arch without backing up system shit
Please just die already, you're the Westboro Baptist of GNU/Linux users

It's 2018. Java+Busybox+Linux is the most used operating system in the world.
>it will never catch on
>it always has been trash
>it will always be trash
>Windows for life
Windows already lost the battle. It's declining. It's trying to change itself into what Android is now.

i don't know if this is what the guy you quoted meant, but imo a lot of loonix's inaccessibility issues stem from the fact that half the well-meaning simple questions on, say, linux forums are pounced on by self-important elitists who spew nothing but "get good faggot!!! XD" instead of helping out the userbase that they wish to cultivate

>Windows already lost the battle. It's declining.
You are one delusional fuck.

I haven't seen "get good faggot" too much on Linux forums. It's more what I expect to see on Sup Forums. Meanwhile I continually run into stupid and wrong solutions when I google Windows problems, particularly threads on Microsoft's own forum, and notably in answers written by the forum moderators.

i've found it's damn near impossible to find good, technical answers to windows problems, even directly from microsoft
if you don't have a common problem, don't even bother, reinstall windows.
meanwhile on linux, the feedback i get from the OS itself is detailed enough to get me where i need to go most of the time without even needing to resort to asking someone else

Not all operating systems are desktop operating systems. If we're talking about Android, it might be reasonable to include mobile devices too.

you're right, actually, my bad. bit of a generalization but it certainly happens far too often on Sup Forums in my opinion.

most people on Sup Forums don't know shit about anything, Sup Forums shouldn't be regarded as the standard for anything but Sup Forums

Sup Forums is rude.
>Windows problem
install gentoo
>Mac problem
lol itoddler fell for the homOSeX meme
>Linux problem
lol ganoo/luniks is for retards
>Android problem
get out phoneposter
>iOS problem
give it back, tyrone

>mobile devices
Lol who gives a flying fuck about that. Ganoo+shitnux is a failure. It's used no where in the world except for in basements.

>It's used no where in the world except for in basements.
And on the vast majority of mobile devices, as well as every one of the top 500 supercomputers, and most web servers.

you're probably right, but for a place that knows nothing they sure have helped me figure some stuff out. mostly, though, they've helped me figure stuff out by saying blatantly wrong shit and making me research my own conclusions.
Sup Forums used to be less rude, though. i know 'le Sup Forums boogeyman' is something people will call me on but as someone who watched Sup Forums get (somehow) shittier during the 2016 election i genuinely think Sup Forums overflowing into other boards is further ruining the atmosphere of the site

>mobile devices
Again, no one gives a flying fuck about that.
>top 500 supercomputers, and most web servers
Uh, no. Those use pic related.

Partly. Also the shills. They've turned us sort of tribal, where the tribes are Windows, Linux, Samsung, Apple, etc. so instead of normal threads we get "lol [other tribe] is so stupid]".

>Linux
it's shitnux you phlaming phaggot

yeah, the tribalism on Sup Forums's also making it way shittier. for all our talk about R*DDIT IS BAD NOT GOOD!!! we sure love circlejerking and hate listening to perspectives we wouldn't otherwise be exposed to.

>supercomputers
Windows is the sliver of orange at the bottom.

the question of the day, then, is whether OP is a windows shill, a BSD shill, or an ironic shill? spin the fucking wheel, everyone

>web servers

ghanoo+shitnux propaganda.

Let me guess what you are going to say next. You're going to say that gahnoo+shitnux is used on a space station.

In fact desktop computers is the only market that Windows dominates.

>"The operating system used for key station functions is the Debian Linux distribution.[193] The migration from Microsoft Windows was made in May 2013 for reasons of reliability, stability and flexibility.[194]"

There are some areas where Windows does not dominate. But soon Windows will dominate everywhere. Just wait and see. I just bought a copy of Windows 10 and it is amazing. So modern and elegant. Linux looks like (see image in original post).
Propaganda. Stop being a stallman+torvalds shill.

in this thread, either OP or the universe at large presents proof that the average age of a Sup Forums user outside of specific generals (presumably /fglt/, /dpt/, /cyb/ if that's still around, and /hlg/ and /itcg/ when they're occasionally posted) has dropped drastically, from 16 to 10.

Wincucks wish their system looked this good.

smooth as fuck, my man
i find the anime a bit distasteful but i'm a pretentious pile of dogshit so shine on you magnificent diamond!

Stay salty lincucks. Ghanoo+shitnux is for basement dwellers. Period.

damn, do you get your parents' permission per post or does hiroshimoot let you sign one net permission slip?

Freetard poorfag who can't afford a licence of Windows detected. Have fun using hippie software.

you're awful worked up right now, user. did the GNU/Chads at GNU/Middle School stuff you into a GNU/Locker?

>Having taste this bad.

Pajeets can't into design.

Let the NaCl within you go wild m8.

KDE Looks significantly better then windows.
Linux can actually change the program that creates your desktop and there exist both desktops that look old and new, you are comparing apples to to fruits and are complaining that this certain fruit doesn't taste as good as an apple, ignoring the existence of a whole variety of other fruits.

I like how your peabrain didn't refute the fact that lincucks are basement dwellers.

But that is evidently false, the only place where the Linux Kernel isn't the market leader is in home computing.

why would he, or any of us, waste time on refuting such hilariously wrong points? the only people you'll convince talking like this are other thoughtless shitheels like yourself

>mad cause you use hippie software

The only place where the Linux Kernel isn't the market leader is in home computing.

Your claim is self evidently false when you actually look at reality,.