/wt/ Watch Thread

This thread is about the appreciation of whorology, as well as the micro-engineering and materials engineering that are required to make a fine watch, clock, or other timepiece.

>Required viewing for new people:
youtu.be/OuhGD-HSUy4

>Used watch guide:
pastebin.com/4cP1Tpri

>Strap guide:
pastebin.com/SwRysprE

>Watch essentials 102:
pastebin.com/VBAu4Rwi

>Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/OuhGD-HSUy4
m.ebay.com/sme/creationwatches/Extra-10-off/so.html?_soffid=5079966108&isRefine=true&_soffType=OrderSubTotalOffer&_trksid=p2501496.l6244
ebay.com/itm/Hamilton-Mens-H70555533-Khaki-Field-Black-Dial-Watch/173040026207?epid=2254451044&hash=item2849fd425f:g:nMUAAOSw8b1aOHCI
ebay.com/itm/Donald-J-Trump-Signature-Collection-Watch/323127789636?hash=item4b3beac844:g:jT0AAOSwJdtajvC0
ebay.com/itm/RARE-MOVADO-WATCH-PRESENTED-BY-DONALD-TRUMP-FOR-10-YEARS-OF-OUTSTANDING-SERVICE/122443821697?hash=item1c82387281:g:o00AAOSwTM5Y7lQN
ebay.com/itm/273015995958
ebay.com/itm/Clone-7750-Automatic-Daytona-Chronograph-MVT-28800-Noob-Lowest-Price/172562754051?hash=item282d8aaa03:m:msecn9DaNZ4uU2KWVw54v3w
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

first for best watch

WHAT is Seiko's quality control

Heh, it's so tiny. Even more nonexistent than an SNK80x

Those Seikos are cheap.

What's Rolex' excuse?

Quantity

What strap should I get for my panic buy?

>So with zenmarket , I read somewhere that you can specify what the declared, sent to you, value will be. Is that true?
I've never tried. I do recall seeing a box for declared value on the shipping page but I don't remember if it was editable (and if it was, if you could only edit it in one direction, or in both). Sorry user.

leave it on that or get the miltat oyster.

strapcode oyster, well-worn leather or a green nato

>youtu.be/OuhGD-HSUy4 [Remove]
ooh baby, this is a new one!!! Watching now!! Thanks OP!!!

What’s on your wrist tonight boys?

>shitting up the thread
>doesn't recommend an alternative

piss off fag

Fucking soyboy wrists

I made a mistake.

I already made the same suggestion i thought you said jubilee.

pip pip cheerio

Feels like wearing nothing at all

no need to be a faggot

Yea, gonna be great in the summer

At least the windyknob is a diver that looks OK, why do people buy this green and gold shitter?

that word has become the new "cuck"

>oversized
>quartz
>falling for the meme

summer must have come early

>under £300
>unique
>200m WR
>screw down windyknob
>no ugly displayback

any love for poo in loo?

Do they make neck sized straps?

i would gladly bathe in there with my 200m WR alpinist.

had i bought the 033 this would of course, not have been possible

Why do almost all modern watches use English on the dial?

Made in Switzerland sold in a Swiss retailer? English

Made in Japan for the Japanese Domestic Market, the warranty is even invalid if not register to an address in Japan? English....

dude your watch is scuffed to shit

How much you paid for it? My HMT was like 4 or five dollars. For the price of course I got what I espected and it needed a service after 4 months or so. And even then the movement is still a little bit loose.

What? My wrist is 7.5” how is that “soyboy”?

uh, that's intentional... if you mean the dial. The bracelet and case are in perfect condition.

What is that type of strap called?

Perlon.

Perlon.

bit more than that.

it's an original dial, correct, original hands and unpolished case so it was worth it

pajeet was quick to post it so shouldn't be too long

I really want this but apparently the only way to get it is to have a connection in India. And that Indian has to be pretty well connected himself because HMT closed their doors a few years back. Someone two threads ago asked for the name, it's HMT Kaushal.

Any good last minute eBay deals?
>Creation watches 10% off stacks with sitewide 20% off with code PSPRING20
m.ebay.com/sme/creationwatches/Extra-10-off/so.html?_soffid=5079966108&isRefine=true&_soffType=OrderSubTotalOffer&_trksid=p2501496.l6244

>230 dollar Hamilton Khaki with code
ebay.com/itm/Hamilton-Mens-H70555533-Khaki-Field-Black-Dial-Watch/173040026207?epid=2254451044&hash=item2849fd425f:g:nMUAAOSw8b1aOHCI

Never had an issue with Rolex. They make a million or so watches a year, some will have issues.

>m.ebay.com/sme/creationwatches/Extra-10-off/so.html?_soffid=5079966108&isRefine=true&_soffType=OrderSubTotalOffer&_trksid=p2501496.l6244
Holy shit thanks, this is going into my collection.

Woops, might want to avoid posting your email address here

windyknobanon, you're okay in my book.

the watch trump wears

eeeek

i deleted it, thanks for not reposting guyz

No problem, I know who you are now though Mr Windyknob, so fucking calm it with the shitposting

Don’t come after me plox, i’m just a guy who likes to know his crown is screwed down .

How does this rate on it's own merit as a watch?

Do you really need to ask?

Trump only usually endorses well made things, you might not like how fancy it is but is it the same as a swiss movement?

This one is like a fancy solid gold omega moon watch, /wt/ should at least like this.

ebay.com/itm/Donald-J-Trump-Signature-Collection-Watch/323127789636?hash=item4b3beac844:g:jT0AAOSwJdtajvC0

Looks like it has the same 1$ Chinese movement in it that every chewing gum shitter comes with.

Why would they put that in a gold watch?

ebay.com/itm/RARE-MOVADO-WATCH-PRESENTED-BY-DONALD-TRUMP-FOR-10-YEARS-OF-OUTSTANDING-SERVICE/122443821697?hash=item1c82387281:g:o00AAOSwTM5Y7lQN

>i can tell by looking at the case what movement is in it

Anyone that reports any post on Sup Forums is a filthy normie going against the spirit of this place and they should fuck off.

Report or repost?

I seem to have struck a nerve there, so please tell me what movment is actually inside this watch. I have never heard of it and would greatly appreciate learning more about it.

Why are these threads always filled with sub-$500 SEIKO watches? It's like going to /o/ and seeing nothing but Toyotas.

This is $62 with the 10% off from creation and then the 20% ebay is offering...

ebay.com/itm/273015995958

...so it's exactly like /o/?

The first post is a $584 watch thank you very much

>thank you for 10 years of service, here's your shitter

>post Rolex as OP
>rest of thread is flee market tier garbage with one or two guys with a real job and a real watch (or two)
I'm not even meme'ing, I'd rather go to reddit than read this shit.

Found the triggered fat fuck.

The first post, not the OP

I'm well aware of that. The Rolex posted by OP costs several grand.

reports

Post your collection

and your car

nah, noob v7s are about $450

What the fuck am I looking at here? What is going on with this dial?

ebay.com/itm/Clone-7750-Automatic-Daytona-Chronograph-MVT-28800-Noob-Lowest-Price/172562754051?hash=item282d8aaa03:m:msecn9DaNZ4uU2KWVw54v3w

Have you been to r/watches? I'll take the shitposting over the vapid circle-jerking over there.

Thoughts on this watch?

shit desu yo

why's that?

Who the fuck would pay $100 for a timex?

What's wrong with timex watches?

Nothing, if they're cheap

Why aren't they worth $100, then?

I drive a 2018 BMW and I don't wear a watch. What's your point?

He wears pic related.

I can't tell whether or not this is satire.

Go ahead and buy one, then you'll know why I never buy them new.

I have the watch that I posted. I don't see anything wrong with it desu.

Not the same user, but he really is wearing one of those in some pictures.

Try listening to it in a quiet room. Also, watch the second hand move. Then, compare the previous two points, as well as the finishing to similarly priced watches from Citizen and Casio, vintage and new in store.

Meant Seiko, not Casio.

What's wrong with the second hand?

Jerky movement, does not line up with seconds indices.

does that really matter?

Frankly, yes. Why even bother having the hand if it's essentially rendered meaningless?

Am I crazy for wishing someone made something like a rolex oyster or submariner cased digital LCD watch?

I seem to recall Texas Instruments and maybe National Semiconductor making one vaguely oyster shaped in the past.

Thanks ill do some googling

hmmm

:0

me likey

You do realize that most of the sellers has already added 20% to the original price right?