What VPN do you use for torrenting?

What VPN do you use for torrenting?

I'm not a whistleblower or a journalist, so I'm not too concerned with actual security; I just don't want my ISP to shut down my internet connection.

Other urls found in this thread:

thatoneprivacysite.net/simple-vpn-comparison-chart/
thatoneprivacysite.net/2017/10/03/mullvad-review/
vpngate.jp/en
privacytools.io/
fairplaycanada.com/
thatoneprivacysite.net/vpn-comparison-chart/
iknowwhatyoudownload.com/en/peer/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Just got my first strike this week for fucking Coco.. I too am curious. Using uTorrent like a pleb

let me tell you about tunnelbear

okay

Frootvpn was shilled years back on this shit hole. Is there anything that actually works? I don't want the long dick of the law raeping my boipucci

PIA

PIA is American, your info might as well be funneled straight into an NSA hard drive.

We need non-American VPNs.

Mullvad.
thatoneprivacysite.net/simple-vpn-comparison-chart/
thatoneprivacysite.net/2017/10/03/mullvad-review/

End of story.

Owned/founded by a korean

I use Mullvad as well and it's really the best option for the price

No. You need non-five eyes VPNs.

I have a seedbox. I don't really need a VPN. If you just use public sites setting up a torrent client on a cheap VPS and downloading from it would perfect for you. It's cheaper than most paid VPN services anyway.

vpngate.jp/en

If you don't want to pay anything vpngate is great. You'll probably want to use the Korean or Japanese servers most of the time but the ones running on European servers instead of home connections are great too.

Eh, for simple torrenting I'm pretty sure you'd be fine with anything outside the US or Canada.

But yeah, for any serious security concerns you simply have to have a VPN outside of the fourteen eyes.

This dude's website looks like a good resource: also privacytools.io/

I use proxy.sh , but I don't recommend it, it's slow as fuck

pia, don't care if NSA sees my chinese cartoon torrent traffic. don't use it for anything else.

Even in Canada is pretty much fine, especially if it's a torrent friendly host like OVH

Don't. If they catch you torrenting you're kicked from their service and potentially even banned.

>vpngate
>using a literal honeypot
Kys my man. Kys.

Been using Torguard for about 2 years, no problems yet and good speeds

Just rent a seedbox and then download your torrented files over SFTP.

NSA doesn't give a shit about your torrents

Just fight every single one. They ain't getting money to enforce it and will just throw it in the bin to keep u a customer

Threaten to change ISP if the injustice is not rectified

What kind of food is that

I use Ivacy.

Speed is good enough for me (maxes out my 20 Mbps connection) but you might have to find the server that works best for you.

Only cost me like 35$ for two years. When you sign up you have to wait for the pop ups for the "special offers" so you get a good price. I used to use PIA but Ivacy does the same and is much cheaper.

>4 MB
>jpg

Just buy a few dollar vps and install OpenVPN on 443

I have NEVER got a hit ever to this day, and I used Suprnova like a motherfucker back when copyright trolls were just starting to warm-up in a post-Kazaa world. All I do is make encryption mandatory and turn off DHT/PEX/LPD, which is always how they get you, and also how iknowwhatyoudownload finds you

>needs a vpn to torrent
cuck!

This, senpaitachi.

sslh is a godsent, I use the same port for ssh, webserver and openvpn.

None. I live in an actual free country and not one that just calls itself "free".

I use pia. One thing to look for when choosing a provider is whether or not you can port forward. Your torrents are going to download slow as fuck if you don’t forward a port to your client.

With pia I get a max of around 100mb/s down and 10mb/s up on torrents.

The port forwarding is moderately complex, you have to make a request to their api that gives you the port, then configure your client to use it. I have a script and cron job that does this for deluge.

.PIA
MULLVAD
IVPN
PIA is US based but court records show they have no info

Used PIA, now trying proxy.sh

It was Mexican chicken cooked in a slow cooker, basically taco/burrito filling without the tortilla. Chicken, pinto beans, corn, and rice for the most part. Want the recipe?

I actually did that to test my upload speed, I recently bumped up my internet service.

>All I do is make encryption mandatory and turn off DHT/PEX/LPD
How does one do this with Deluge? Also could you explain DHT/PEX/LPD (or just what the acronyms stand for)?

Looks like I'll be checking out Mullvad, thanks.

It sounds like seedboxes typically don't allow public trackers, which kinda defeats my purpose. If I were on a private tracker, getting DMCA dings from my ISP likely wouldn't happen to begin with.

Any recommendations for vps providers?

I'm not from USA/Germany so I don't need to hide the fact that I'm torrenting.

Feels good to be a leaf. Once in a while I get an email forwarded by my ISP from HBO or some other butthurt media conglomorate.

I'm fucking arrogant af. I torrent right off the pirate bay still

I use alldebrid. The "torrenting" is all done from their servers and I simply download a butch of zip files. Cheap and comfy.

How does Sup Forums feel about ExpressVPN?

> (You)
>
>Any recommendations for vps providers?

No idea where you are, but surely there is some hosting in your country / continent that offers relatively cheap hosting. Just make sure the server's both up and down speeds are more than your down speed.
I'm living in europe and using atw.hu with 1g/1g

Proven not to have logs

I sometimes am not sure if people are joking about TunnelBear.

Its Canadian, and was just bought by an American company. Why you trust them?

Canada is pushing 'Fairplay' which is attempting to make piracy illegal here and the tools that make it possible.

I use NordVPN - outside of the 5 eyes reach.

fairplaycanada.com/

I used to pirate Bell Sat via FTA. They basically killed that off.

Now its happening again with IPTV + Torrents.

Companies that monitor torrent traffic are also pretty shit about categorizing things. They mistake an anime for CP, and you get a knock at your door.

Fellow leaf and I only torrent behind a VPN.

ISPs give approximately zero fucks about anyone torrenting music, anime, or Free Software isos. All you have to do is not torrent (((Hollywood))) movies or talmudvision shows. I've torrented terabytes of anime over the years and no fucks were given, but the instant I started seeding a GoT episode I got a DMCA.

Some HorribleSubs long running series get flagged by Comcast about 2 weeks after release. Using a private tracker or waiting for Blu-ray rips from smaller groups is usually all you need. I'm currently overseas and I need a VPN because the only ISP here blocks torrents otherwise.

Just look at this giant chart and pick from there: thatoneprivacysite.net/vpn-comparison-chart/ I normally just use the free portions of ProtonVPN whenever I do anything shady since I don't really pirate often enough to warrant purchasing a paid one

I also use Mullvad.

I don't. I'm not living in a gulag state.

Mullvad is cool but expensive as fuck.

If I were to purchase a VPN it MUST support wireguard. For openvpn I'll stick with free ones, as it's not worth it running them 24/7.

Attached: Untitled.png (1423x1079, 2.4M)

Less than $6/month seems reasonable especially considering the speeds available.

Hypothetically let's say I lived in a police state like Britbongistan and I wanted to say something offensive on social media like twitter and facebook that was arrestable. What countries do you think could host the VPN that would enable that?

Why would you need a VPN? Don't tell me you live in a shithole user....

I use PIA. But only pay with gift cards that i bought with cash

Windscribe is breddy gud if you wait for a discount on their lifetime offer. Canadian company (out of Richmond Hill), very transparent and they even have a subleddit where you can ask questions and shit.

Companies like this will be the first things to be forced to log and report Torrent traffic once Fairplay is forced on Canada by the Telecoms.

Why? Just use peer encryption, disable DHT and PeX, enable anonymous mode and use a blocklist.

Attached: 1511275220451.jpg (462x500, 46K)

:^(

You need to share your IP by using Bittorrent. If that IP is your ISP's IP, then they will just give you up. Nothing you mentioned will stop that.

Attached: tumblr_p39jexEVBI1uprh6zo2_500.jpg (500x301, 44K)

NordVPN

None because I don't live in burgerland

I have been torrenting for over a decade on several isps here on Mexico and literally nobody gives a shit if you torrent or not

Enjoy your 'freedom" gringos

>Mexico
The perks of not being human, I guess.

That's why you use blocklists and try to share your connection with the minimum ppl required, anonymous is only to give only your ip and no more.
Obviously a VPN is much better but this is enough unless you are downloading every single shitty movie from memewood.

Its 2018 and you actually think Blocklists actually do anything anymore?

>anonymous is only to give only your ip and no more

That literally is the only thing they need to find you. You think the metadata of what client you are using is important to them?

iknowwhatyoudownload.com/en/peer/

I'd be checking myself against this regularly considering thats all you do to protect yourself.

>Mfw I don't live in the Us of ass

Attached: 1519947537301.jpg (474x400, 17K)