/cyb/ + /sec/ Cyberpunk and Cybersecurity General

Ω All are welcome here; the world is fucked and we are all in this together.

◙ Cypherpunk Manifesto >>activism.net/cypherpunk/manifesto.html

◘ Cyberpunk Manifesto >>project.cyberpunk.ru/idb/cyberpunk_manifesto.html

∆ Hacker Manifesto >>phrack.org/issues/7/3.html

± Guerilla Open Access Manifesto >>archive.org/stream/GuerillaOpenAccessManifesto/Goamjuly2008_djvu.txt

▓ Fables, realities, prophecies and mythology of a community:

░ What is cyberpunk >>pastebin.com/hHN5cBXB

▀ The importance of a cyberpunk mindset applied to a cybersecurity skillset.: >>youtu.be/pcSlowAhvUk

● Cyberpunk directory: >pastebin.com/VAWNxkxH

▬ Cyberpunk resources >pastebin.com/Dqfa6uXx

▐ Cybersecurity essentials/resources >pastebin.com/SCUbhpjP >pastebin.com/VTXRAPxM

Cntrl + F Basic Knowledges, Basic Training, Arms/Arm >pastebin.com/rMw4WbhX

▼ Endware: Heavy armor for anons, by anons >>endchan.xyz/os/res/32.html

⦿ Shit just got real: >pastebin.com/rqrLK6X0

=== /cyb/ News - for the world is more cyberpunk than ever. ===

>Would you hack your own body?
bbc.com/news/technology-42887405
>For some, transhumanism - the theory that the human race can evolve beyond its physical and mental limitations with the help of technology - is a crucial part of the advancement of society.

>Trump's FDA is allowing Genetic Prediction tests to go forward.
washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2018/03/06/23andme-gets-fda-approval-to-report-breast-cancer-risk-without-a-doctor/?utm_term=.5edb444de315

>/sci/ is guiding OP to treat its own genetic disease, got genuine replies
>/sci/ was discussing making elves
Last Thread : >

Other urls found in this thread:

theregister.co.uk/2018/03/09/slingshot_malware_uses_cunning_plan_to_find_a_route_to_sysadmins/
en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Log/delete&page=MikroTik
freshlybakedcollectibles.com/product/early-cherry-poptart-large-art-land-of-woz-page-1-splash/
gamesradar.com/cyberpunk-is-getting-its-biggest-push-since-the-late-90s-but-why-dont-audiences-seem-to-care/
youtube.com/watch?v=mF8xkORV1jc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Cyberpunk threads are my favorite. I don't have anything to contribute except some images though.

bumping for justice

pf or iptables?

will I be fine with a nftables + snort setup?

firewalld
ufw

I was about to try nftables on my machine. f the syntax is so good then I'll pick it up in no time.

reposting because I didn't get an answer, what would make my CTF walkthrough videos better or good?

iptables for me. Although for me they serve different purposes somehow.

They told me nftables become a disgusting piece of software although it started nice. How do you feel it?

That's the only reason I visit these desu

For great justice.

Is anyone into AI/cv ?
I just setup the environmnent to work with cv and run simple face recognition script. Planning something funny for my free time.
Do other anons have cool experiences or projects to share on this matter ?

Face-recognition...
You should train it to recognize animal faces.
Set up a bird feeder, and keep track of which birds and squirrels are eating how much food.
Be interesting to see how that might change over a season.

And after that proof-of-concept, that software sounds like it would be super useful to animal sanctuaries and shit.

I didnt use it yet just have it installed on a spare machine. Why they say is disgusting?

If I remember right, the intention was right but they it developed in a weird way? I asked it at /flgt/

Developed in a weird way? That concerns me, is a critical piece of software, if it happens the design has flaws then is as good as dead.

Let me dive into archive and I will give you some links.

nftables was designed as a "modern" replacement for iptables
besides 2 or 3 features regarding vpn it pretty much werks already as such.
since I didn't want to learn obsolete tech, I just started with nftables
and snort seems reasonable to complement

anything I'm missing?

fugg... I like this idea. Not much wildlife here to test, but I like this concept and if I don't start with birds, I can do as well with cats and dogs.

The replies I got
Extra information I got:

So after diving for a while, actually they told me nftables was a piece of shit but they never stated why. On my side now, the only matter that seems to happen was the fact that was being developed. So I must take my words back.

Cyberpunk has nothing to do with cybersecurity

Sounds like anti-marketing, spooky. Thanks for the info man.

No issue man. I like to do this kind of thing because it lets me check if I learnt something right or not. Keep going and tell us how nftables comes up. If we will have to migrate as it seems the case, it would be nice to be learning about it.

wew, looks like for once I made a decent enough choice
tnx

Finally my favourite and comfiest thread is back, thanks bros

Agreed. It is also one of the very few generals that has in the last few years actually made something, the FAQs.

I guess it must now be at least 2 hours since the last major malware revel. So here is another one.

=== /cyb/ /sec/ News:
>Slingshot malware uses cunning plan to find a route to sysadmins
theregister.co.uk/2018/03/09/slingshot_malware_uses_cunning_plan_to_find_a_route_to_sysadmins/
>The malware, dubbed Slingshot by researchers at Kaspersky Lab and showcased at the firm’s Security Analyst Summit, resides in Mikrotik routers – presumably on the principle that the only people who access the devices are an organization’s IT team. It’s not known how the malware gets onto the router, but it contains a malicious dynamic link library that’s capable of pulling in all kinds of nasty attack tools.

>The malware also appears to have had a long lifespan – the code was tagged as Version 6.x and text notes in the software suggest it was developed by an English speaker. Kaspersky thinks that the amount of time and money it would have taken to write Slingshot strongly suggests it was developed by a nation state.

Especially interesting is how very specific this malware is: it works against one single brand of routers. It would therefore not be too much of a stretch to assume there is one such malware for each and every brand of routers out there. They just haven't been found, yet.

Checking the brand, MikroTik, it seems someone is hard at work to wipe out all traces about it on Wackypedia:
en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Log/delete&page=MikroTik

actually, if it was nation-state level, it could be that it was developed for one specific kind of router to target one particular nation or facility.

If you make a virus that only works on the type of hardware your enemy uses, it won't be easily turned against you

given all the latest pretentious bullshit-tier threads like /mg/, even /handsome men general/ was getting interesting. Really glad you guys are back, this is the single best thread in the board. I'll sit back and quietly lurk.

Attached: 1*DceCB_l5br6Tio7Qg-zkrA.jpg (1920x1080, 365K)

I visit /mg/, textpunk lives in there

shotas and a bunch of kids who pretend to know the shell live there. Sometimes some good post comes up but it's pretty rare. Let's keep this in topic.

Newb question: if my router has every external port closed and a firewall configured properly, do I still need a firewall on every other running machine in the lan? Or having the router compromised automatically compromises any machine in my network?

someone shop in dwarf fortress plz

Bumping the thread with a silly question:

If I have two machines/containers/VM/whatever, on two IP on the same lan, but I want to run web services on both of them, how do I do it to reach it from outside the lan? They both can't run on the same port on the router, right?

What could be a good and reasonably cheap VPS that I could run VPN over, that would respect my privacy? I locate in EU.

For anyone not LARPing nearly as much:

That thread is a joke

This thread is a joke.

Didn't you say cyb has nothing to do with sec? After that two post they seem really linked.

As an antithesis, perhaps. All the more reason for us to part ways. Anyone who isn't a LARPer, head to /hmg/ now!

I meant, they both are a joke. It was waay easier.

You're a joke too, for caring.

I care because. . .

>... I am a joke.
FTFY

Care to expand on that?

Well, consider the following:
>1) Cyberpunk implies allowing government control.
>2) As we're well aware, the government cannot accurately control the Internet.
Therefore...
>3) To believe in cyberpunk and cybersecurity is an oxymoron as one implies that you DO NOT understand information technology, whereas the latter implies that you do.
Therefore...
>4) This synthesis of seemingly discordant words MUST be a joke.
Q.E.D.

Land of Woz is supposed to be a Cyberpunk comics. Anyone got the collection? Seems much has been lost.
freshlybakedcollectibles.com/product/early-cherry-poptart-large-art-land-of-woz-page-1-splash/

The premises
>1) Cyberpunk implies allowing government control.
Does it?? In fact the government is close to invisible in most Cyberpunk literature, movies and comics. Just where did you get this idea from?
>2) As we're well aware, the government cannot accurately control the Internet.
Governments seem fairly able to shut it down. It just hurts society more than it hurts those they want to control. Also governments seems rather successful in monitoring everything.

>Therefore...
A conclusion from a broken premise is usually wrong but can still be interesting.
>3) To believe in cyberpunk and cybersecurity is an oxymoron as one implies that you DO NOT understand information technology, whereas the latter implies that you do.
Indeed this is a mistake. Security, cyber or otherwise, is about risk assessment of degrees, not an absolute. Crypto will most likely be broken, you just chose the settings so that the information to be protected will be safe for a given period of time.

Also you have the choice of not connecting your internal network to Internet at large. I am confident I am not the only one who have worked under such settings.

Now for my rebuttal.
>*Takes stand at podium.*
>1) Fuck you.
>2) Fuck you.
>3) Fuck you.
And for my closing statement.
>4) Fuck you.
>*Steps down from podium.*
Thank you all for your time, I feel very honored to have spoken here today.

Yep, this guy's a troll.

Attached: umad.jpg (469x428, 92K)

I like the digital nomad vibe from carrying around "decks" and jacking in from the back alleys.
Anyone have /cyb/ hardware? Would be slick to find a little netbook and install a BSD without X.

Attached: image.jpg (1830x2698, 908K)

Correct, they can’t both be on the same port from the router.
If this were my setup, I would just use two different static port forwarding rules, I.e. Externalip:80->host1:80 and Externalip:8080->host2:80
If that doesn’t work you could lump both websites into a single Apache server using virtual hosts

>Externalip:80->host1:80 and Externalip:8080->host2:80
Thought on this, but this won't work from phone since ISP gives randoom IPs when you use data. Am I mistaken?

What does your phone have to do with it? If you’re using it as a client, it’s fine. The only IP that matters is the evertnal of the router

>What does your phone have to do with it?
That "External IP" will differ every time I try to connect from mobiel connection. Although I think maybe I missread your explanation.

Sorry for the typo, phone posting. Why is your router using a mobile connection?
If that’s truly the case, you could use a DDNS service like dynu which will automatically update a dns name every time your external address changes

Ok, I'm seeing I fucked up.. Let me explain.
Mobile -> Router -> Server
When you said "External IP" you meant router's one?

>Putting the butt into rebuttal.
Uh-huh.

I’m assuming you have two web servers behind a router, which is attached to the internet, and that you would like to reach those web services from outside your lan (I.e. from the internet) on your phone. In which case, it doesn’t mater what your phones ip address is. Just forward ports on the external interface of the router to the two internal hosts. In the example I doodled, this would be a rule like forwarding 209.123.45.19:80->192.168.1.10:80

Attached: ABA5DFCF-EC19-4B7C-A3DD-7539DA226027.jpg (4032x3024, 3.67M)

Okay, so I was understanding it right. I already forwarded ports for a few services so this makes me feel fucking mongoloid. the fact is that I must choose another port for the second web service beside 80 and 443. Right?

I got a netbook last week, a weak little deck haha, but the HDD is fucked and I don't have $ for a ssd.

Yeah, some of the common ones I’ve seen would be like 8080 or 81 or 4040, then you would just browse to 209.123.45.19:8080 or whatever you pick. Or if that doesn’t suit your needs, you could do Apache virtual hosts, and only have one web server. Then you would visit 209.123.45.19:443/vhost1 or 209.123.45.19:443/vhost2.
I’ve never actually used multiple virtual hosts (at least I think that’s what they’re called, maybe virtual directories??) but I know something of that nature exists

Just installed android-x86 on my laptop after my arch broke. Pretty comfy desu. Its a kind of dual boot with my debian install so i can have a work-botnet machine and a hacking one on the same laptop.

Attached: 9f4d72d1-0cc8-4a1b-afff-0ba839f21873..png (1366x768, 811K)

Thank you user, I wanted to confirm I wasn't missing anything. My internets.

Neat

Another supposedly Cyberpunk comics is CYBERANTICS though some places it seems it is a children's story. Anyone got better info?

Glad to help

Cyberpunk arose from anarchist movements within the punk scene, bro.
Cyberpunk is saying fuck you, the people should control the wires.

>Cyberpunk arose from anarchist movements within the punk scene, bro.
Sure? Seems only John Shirley had a punk background, the rest were rather different.

Are there some similarities between this show and cyberpunk? I really like this show and so I would become interested in cyberpunk if there where similarities to this show.

Attached: Harold.png (1280x720, 784K)

You haven't read Neuromancer, have you?

I haven't read it but I have heard someone allege that POI was basically like a crappy ripoff of it, is that true?

I barely saw many chapters to say that, without revealing everything, Wintermute from Neuromancer was before The Machine from POI.

how would one go about building an apartment like this? do I have to have a couple million stashed away? god damn I come all over concept art like this

cum* is what I meant, don't know how to type and such

Well, is there really anything about this that requires skills beyond normal house building skills? The multiple levels seem a bit needless though I know Japanese homes have different levels for indicative reasons.

Also curious, why would you want a place like this?

Pic. related is what I find more comfy.

Attached: ff_walker_f.jpg (630x495, 71K)

Looking for a cyberpunk pic of I think a girl, sitting in front of about 5+ computer screens, there's maybe a fishtank behind her, a window with a city view on her right. Pic related is a super rough idea of it.

Attached: art.png (502x387, 7K)

i have the possibility of doing a development project at CMU for grad school instead of research or extra coursework. i'm thinking of making a skid-friendly tool to exploit meltdown or spectre

>why would you want a place like this?
exactly for the same reason you'd want a place like the one you pictured, because it's my personal preference.

google.com might have what you're looking for ;)

>because it's my personal preference
A perfectly valid reason, my friend. I just wondered if there were any other reasons.

That sounds like Serial Experiments Lain. Do a Google search and click on "Images" to do an image search.

Night is here, let's keep this one alive.

Attached: YKK_CP.jpg (1200x848, 80K)

shit can I just post concept art then?

euro night is best night. keep it pumped

Attached: sencha.jpg (2048x1638, 1.05M)

Page 7 mates.

bump

Attached: comfy.jpg (564x1338, 123K)

Might want to run that past the faculty advisor before you get past the posting on Sup Forums about it phase.

Unfortunately it's not Serial Experiments Lain, it's an independent pic I think. Google image isn't finding much elsewhere.

fuck yeah cyberpunk

Attached: internet.jpg (600x363, 47K)

>We are, trenchcoats and shades aside, pretty much waist-deep in Cyberpunk right now. The only difference is that the lighting is better and only a small number of people want to fuck our shitty sex-robots so far. Writers and directors might want to commentate on this by bringing Blade Runner back, but too much of the general populace seems too distracted by the endless datastream of throwaway information in their pocket to care. Cyberpunk is just too quaint now. It’s virtually historical drama.
gamesradar.com/cyberpunk-is-getting-its-biggest-push-since-the-late-90s-but-why-dont-audiences-seem-to-care/

youtube.com/watch?v=mF8xkORV1jc
Do you think the NSA computers look like this?

Attached: _.webm (720x1278, 2.2M)

NSA might be viewing/collecting all of the information but from what has been leaked so far they seem to be pretty targeted in terms of what the actual humans are looking at. The problem is that machine learning is coming that can put intelligent eyes on every feed.

been a while since i came here. what happened to oh?

That's not how dunes work.
Wind blows sand up the shallow side then it falls down the advancing, steep crescent.

Everyone who liked it more or less left here and didn't come back, while everyone still here was either to lazy to switch or thought it was a honeypot.

makes sense ty

Fantastic article.
We live in a cyberpunk world.
The warnings were there. We didn't listen.
We don't need warnings anymore: we need solutions and directions forward.
Wholesome cyberpunk, about rebuilding post-revolution. To give us the courage to act and the confidence that we can indeed make a better world with this technology.