/daily/ - nice drums edition

It's the 2nd of October.

Listen to your library, show off your backlog, babble about new music, tell us what you have been listening to today and what you will listen to in the following month, just let the good times flow!

topsters.net/
>resurrected but keeps fucking up, just use paint for your charts honestly

synctube.org/r/Some_dumb_synctube_channel
>fifth dimension for space-time memery (aka "music") ever since plug deejay was musically aborted

dailymu-sic.weebly.com/
>Site with templates, OP covers, archive, & random stuff, updating again, welcome back damsjans!

Most importantly, get taste!

Previously on /daily/

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/10268522
youtube.com/watch?v=PpGWIXzXoJ0
play.spotify.com/album/50C1sjW5bOKv6AdJjQzkBI
strawpoll.me/10268557
youtube.com/watch?v=_RPCI2H1sV4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

hello anybody like music?

no?

For the boys and also my new chart

Who /hype/

The boys are here

me

I've already done a lot of what was on here, but I thought some of these deserved a revisiting.

Anyone think we should update this? Some of these dudes haven't been here since January.

no
the amount of music you listen to is still really amazing to me desu

I'm /hype/
so who's best girl?

There's not a lot of stuff there I like personally but consume red or time machines are cool.
Sinnerman from pastel blues is great but the rest of the album feels dated.

Nice chart
Looking forward to your opinions on Sisters of Mercy, no one ever talks about them on Sup Forums
yee, new people deserve to be on there too

strawpoll.me/10268522

:3

everything on my chart is recs and interests. Hence the 14 Waits albums.

(also I've already heard one of the albums on my chart already hehe ;))

jam of a lifetime

kanzler best girl btw
he looks very nice

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+LISTENALONG+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
|Milton Nascimento- Milton (1976)|
>MPB, Jazz Fusion

YT: youtube.com/watch?v=PpGWIXzXoJ0
Spotify: play.spotify.com/album/50C1sjW5bOKv6AdJjQzkBI

sync-along on sunday

Thanks senpai, you should be on there too

not me i don't
pic related: my entire last week's listening

Posing a hypothetical, then I'm going to bed:

Lets say you REALLY loved an artist even though they have made a lot of terrible albums. They'd made music for a very long time (say since the 60s) but then say 20 years ago passed away. They have thousands of hours of archival footage and recordings, that could potentially be made into albums. HOWEVER, a lot of their older albums, which are their most loved, are hard to find physically and have many terrible/neglected pressings that aren't worth seeking out.

Would you rather the family trust that is in charge of that artists' discography focus on reissuing those neglected albums, OR put out the unheard recordings and make them into albums. However, the relatives are also greedy/lazy and will often put out cash grabs and things unrelated to the artist/things they never even recorded, like tribute albums or shitty live concerts. However, these albums are occasionally amazing (seemingly by accident).

Vote now on my definitely-not-specific-and-totally-hypothetical strawpoll:

strawpoll.me/10268557

Looks some some of my weeks a month ago
Now it's a bit better

Post your last 7 days everyone!

Kek, it's zappa isn't it?

no i don't think so

Ohh, why not?

YEEEEEEEAAHHHHHH

THIS SEX IS ON FIRE

I don't know if that song is from that album but I like it desu

what kinda cheese is that

hows testarossa

hooray for poptimism

useless knowledge: pic shows only three days because i made the transition to foobar last week and couldn't be bothered to set up scrobbling for a while

I don't know if anyone is interested but here are the almost final stats for the second round

Top listeners will get a bonus in third round

how was yoni & geti?

>Half of Tom Waits' discography including his worst album bu without Swordfishtrombones
>Rob Zombie
>Tool

Into the fucking trash it goes

It's extra strong danbo

Listening to this now. Quite nice

Can u make it 19 for me, I did listen to last listenalong but forgot to put my name on the chart ;_;

My mother always does this and it looks so disgusting

It's not disgusting it's delicious

lazyness gets punished!
nah, made it a 19
still, the last few listenalongs alot of people didn't put their opinions on the charts even if they listened to the album
I hope that gets better next round

It is p disgusting tho

I MEAN GEE, I'd love another fucking unimportant live album recorded on a tape from a porta-john outside the venue, but maybe I'd like to be able to have a vinyl copy of one of We're Only in it For the Money (ironic, considering current state of Zappa trust) in better than G+ condition for less than $90, ya know? Jesus. Like I get the copyright shit (hence why they actually flipped the album inside out on the initial releade) but what about an album like Absolutely Free with none of that shit tied to it? You'd think one person would give a shit about arguably one of the first prog albums ever other than "we'll release it on CD with two shitty songs in the middle that totally inturrupt the flow/point of the albums herp herp xP" shit damn

Gee, it's almost as if I've ALREADY HEARD THOSE U ASSCOCK

And maybe I want to relate to my shithead stoner friends? Okay?

Enjoy your trips.

I'm tired, pissy, and a bit faded. It is 3:30 AM and I will now try and sleep.

Night.

>how's testarossa
best 2016 album I've heard so far
fun instrumentals, great lyrics
(nice drums)
same

It really isn't

Maybe I'll try it tomorrow
If I don't like it tho...

Do it. Not sure how well it works with Dutch cheese though

i'll wait for your drunk dials at 3:30 am - i love them

Dutch cheese >>> Danish cheese

Generally true, but Danish cheese has it's uses

The long-awaited listenalong list is finally here!

Since I don't scrobble from my mobile phone some albums are missing, but thats mostly it

Poor tuco ; _;

Good Afternoon /daily/!

I have the whole day for doing nothing and then me and my gf will go for the museum nights. All the museums will be open and free.

I feel pretty shitty now for some reason. I think I'll sleep some more.

Beat Happening, Nick Drake, BoC and MBV are coolio
>Hello Kitty Suicide Club
I mean, I know you have shit taste but this honestly takes it to another level - even if there's some good shit on your chart
what's the appeal of Sweet Trip
+ my recs
------- Imagine Dragons
----------- American Authors

yeah, someone has to be last : (

HKs/tC are objectively good though

have you listened to that Survival album, btw? iirc you dig Spiral Shadow, which is one of the only things i could say remind me of it

nice

Haven't heard it but I love Spiral Shadow so I'm gonna give it a listen rn. The single sounds tight, I'm feeling the comparison. It's in the chanted vocals isn't it?

heh, maybe shouldn't have made it transparent

>can't download from bandcamp
>not on rutracker
>sot on slsk
welp, can you hook a brother up?

It's on spotify

What are you gonna listen to today? I've got nothing in particular in mind so I'll just listen to some random blue note records. Or maybe the Milton record for the listenalong. Either that or club da esquina.

yep, that and >nice drums

i remember ive gotten it from the archive but it seems the links are down, too
so sure

Just listened to the listen along, it was meh
Listening too all kinds of toons now, mostly FKA twigs and Jlin and Burial

Who /badnews/ here?

write something here maybe?

Yeah I will, still in bed on my phone atm

cozy saturdays are the best

Clube it is then.
He's bad news.

also this performance of Sister Ray is fucking 11/10, give it a shot if you've got half an hour to spare youtube.com/watch?v=_RPCI2H1sV4

>Radiohead - Pablo Honey

A mixed bag: the first two tracks are really good alt rock songs with nice chord progressions, melodies and arrangements, but unfortunately not everything else is as great.
The second half is really boring, derivative and generic, except for a couple of moments that are actually a little interesting, like the shoegazy end of "Blow Out".
The first 6 songs are still pretty nice and have some interesting bits, for example the climax of "Stop Whispering", that makes me almost forgive it for being Radiohead doing U2. Almost.
The drum parts are really well written and executed in almost all the tracks, so that's also a plus.

Don't really recommend it: it's nice and all, but, except for a few good moments and even a couple of gems, it's nothing special. But it wish it was special. So fucking special.

6/10

>Battles - B EP

God this is so much fun: DANCE and IPT 2 are some of the most danceable songs i've heard in the whole math rock genre, with the first being basically a group jam with fantastic layer of melodies and noisy guitars and the second a little blast of a simple but effective guitar riff and a simple but effective quirky synth riff.
BTTLS is a big EAI group improvisation: the sounds present are really interesting and it uses its dynamics really well, especially near the end; if you have listened to it you will know what I am talking about.
But main protagonist here is SZ2, a huge, multifaced and multisectioned jam. Driving riffs, catchy grooves and a general danceability make this track very playful, funny and replayable, despite its long running time.

7.5/10

>Battles - EP C

The tracks here are constructed with little variations and changes over a theme that is repeated over and over, with very few different sections. Still, the riffs displayed and their delivery are fantastic: the band is incredibly technical and, even if this sometimes may feel like riffs and improvisation for the sake of riffs and improvisation, they are always really enjoyable.
Also Hi/Lo is the most banger track in the entire math rock scene.

7/10

>Battles - Tras

Tras is a funny track, with funny synths delivering funny melodies above guitar riffs and groovy drumming. Yes, it's very funny.
Fantasy also has some pretty nice grooves, and I really like how it slowly changes from one section to another, but is really too minimal for its own good, even thought I like hearing Battles producing an electronic song.

6.5/10

>Battles - B EP / EP C

On this compilation, that brings together EP C, B EP and Tras, the negative aspects are really evident: these songs feel like experiments, and who knows, maybe they really are, because they don't seem to focus that much on creating a coherent composition, or aesthetic, but they prefer to explore what the band can do. For this reason a lot of tracks here really just seem like fillers, like Tras 3, UW and IPT-2, for example.
But still, these experiments are full of interesting moments and ideas, and, also, are really enjoyable and funny.

B EP is slightly better than EP C only because it has SZ2 on it.

7/10

slowdive sux, tool isn't as bad as everyone says it is, time machines is amazing, the disintegration loops is a meme, and while you were out is overrated [brick and mortar is the correct endo album]

fucking 10/10

>july 16
prepare yourselves, nerds

>Radiohead - Pablo Honey
>6/10
ummm

is pablo honey more than an ok album?
or less than an ok album?

o no

much less than an ok album, at least in my opinion
then again i've only liked kid a out of their entire discography

anonpresident wasn't around for that, maybe he should give snuff jazz a try

I'd replace the Slowdive EP with the Morningrise EP if I were you, it's much better

oh wait you mean about the listenalong, don't worry there will be no """""jazz""""" or any """avantgarde""" music from me

Why not :(

heh, maybe.
a lot of stuff is derivative, but there are some nice moments and songs here and there, and it wasn't that much of a chore to listen to.
what the fuck is snuff jazz

that was actually your fault, you told me to pick something from my taste and not the meme i wanted to show /daily/

>what the fuck is snuff jazz
it's a """""jazz""""" album i played for a listenalong

Proud.

i just noticed her fucked up shoulder

no in that case it was your fault for having shit taste

>It's the 2nd of October

My birthday :^) WOOOOOOOOOO

Happy birthday my dude.

>Here Are the Sonics
You're in for actually *the* nicest drums ever

As usual, overall cool chart, Fish.

Wew. Wake me up when september ends.

read the OP
september has ended.

>plebs

where is that pic from, reverse image search gave me nothing

ill be busy as fuck but i'll try to manage

Topsters is back
r8
h8
etc

I wish I knew. Grabbed it from some /ic/ thread the other day, but it's fantastic.

neato
Jungle Spliff succs, don't fall for the mem

Just made love to a A Love Supreme. How patrician am I?

i believe you

I just made a girl squirt to Snuff Jazz tho

she probably was just pissing herself off

You didn't even get shat on by 8 women, 3 men, and one transsexual while Musical Abortions was playing, why do you think you have bragging rights?

I'm with termish on this one tbqh.

I'm eating an omelette with sweet potato and curry paste. It's surprisingly delicious. What's /daily/ doing on this wonderful saturday afternoon?

At the gym. And now dreaming of omelette a with sweet potatoes and curry paste

listening to rust in piece

thinking of buzzing my hair for the summer
and maybe fray some old pale shorts

Drinking bad Earl Grey and plotting the coming insurrection. Down with the state!

see

>made love
>patrician
if you honestly believe you can ever achieve patriciandom without first transcending carnal desire, you might be misled, my man :^)

pic related, it's a patrician

Is this you?
u m u

Do it. It's the ideal post-workout protein/carb bomb
I should listen to Megadeth sometime. Is it any good?

i'm listening to it for natking's rym list. it's cool so far and it rips sometimes, but it's got one or two of the irredeemable things that i dislike

Candlemass - Epicus Doomicus Metallicus

I dropped it. Sorry. It just felt too corny and I do not feel like listening to corny metal at the moment even if it is pioneering doom metal. I'll have to give it another visit sometime to see what happens but for now, I will not. Dropped/10.

I think I'm going to listen to some Chinese trad

that or yamir's rec (Katamari Damacy OST) for the tourney

no unfortunately
god i wish i could grow a proper beard instead of just a few disconnected pubescent patches of 20-25 coarse wiry hairs each

ok no that was just on one or two songs, it's p good album