Help me buy laptop & ARM laptops

I currently have a decent big ass gayming laptop (actually not too cancerous looking), but it is a bit too heavy and runs out of battery pretty fast. Because of this i've been considering buying a smaller one.

My needs:
- dirt cheap
- light
- can run linux
- hw decoding of HEVC for animu without raping battery
- decent battery time

I've found this: pine64.org/?page_id=3707
Looks decent, seems to be fit for the task. What do you think?

Attached: hugs.jpg (1000x1268, 166K)

>HEVC
kys

Attached: 20130406151635.gif (375x450, 858K)

I'm not the one encoding shit

Attached: cirno_shrug.png (473x496, 247K)

>what do you think
I think Chiruno is worst hu.

16GB eMMC ? sounds really tiny

but you indirectly support them by using their shitty encodes.
let that meme codec die.

>16GB eMMC ? sounds really tiny
Yea i was planning to swap it for 64 about instantly

Idk HEVC looks pretty good if the licensing wasnt that cancer.
My desires for small size and good quality overrides my dislike for shit licensing

>He thinks he can swap that

Let me tell you, Pinebooks are trash. Support for the Allwinner A64 in mainline Linux is very experimental (no 3D/2D hardware acceleration whatsoever, too many broken features in general), and the community images for common distributions are garbage. Android is usable, but who would ever install it on a laptop? Moreover, i had two of mine Pine 64 suddenly die, so I'm also concerned about the strictness of their QC. Not to mention they ship from China so you're going to wait weeks for it to arrive. Please avoid

Fuck me i meant upgrade (thats what their site says) mixed up with other thing i was looking at

Hmm, that sounds pretty bad. Any recommendations on what to get instead?

Attached: 1519681517892.jpg (1024x1024, 102K)

I heard good things about Acer ARM Chromebooks, I was going to get myself one but then opted for the classic used X220

We have already VP9 and soon AV1 probably...

CAN YOU FLASH WITH A PAYLOAD THATS NOT DEPTHCHARGE??

Thinking about the NovaGo when it comes out. 22 claimed hours of battery life, and I'd mostly be using it for the internet.

I also looked at that, hardware looks good, but not sure about linux support, and i dont want to get cucked with a shitty restricted windows version

They offer a free upgrade to Pro for a limited time after purchase.

answer me, faggot

I meant windows generally on ARM being pretty shit since noone develops for windows on ARM. While for example debian has its whole repo built for armhf

Attached: 1509932384094.jpg (512x384, 58K)

Yeah, that's why I would buy it only as a google chrome machine that I rarely charge. For linux or actual productivity, I'd probably steer clear.

ITS THE FUTURE PLEB, AVC HI10P WAS JUST A TASTE

IF YOU DONT HAVE HEVC V2 MAIN16 4:4:4 4K HARDWARE DECODE MIGHT AS WELL JUST KYS NOW

Even applel deprecated that meme in favor of av1

Attached: 1450334727be0e35fca93977852ba5b15e993ddef2.jpg (600x338, 67K)

Yea, as i said in the OP i have a gayming laptop for all those things, i only need it for animu and Sup Forums, and occassionally programming courses where we write like 50 line C++ programs

>2018 YEAR OF THE LINUX DESKTOP
t. AV1SHILLS

Attached: free as in beer.jpg (580x346, 38K)